DVDVR Message Board

Full Gear IV - 11/19/2022

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

It's a good thing that Mox hit the second ref by mistake. And that the ref didn't see or hear MJF tapping. Or that Regal only gave him the knuckles later on. This elaborate foolproof plan that goes on for months, and it goes to shit because they tried to be too cute about it.

This is why it had to be Regal deciding in the moment after he threw the ring and not premeditated. 

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 3

I didn't see anyone mention the commentary yet.  JR must have mentioned money at least 10 times.  "You gotta win to make that money"   So if according to JR it's all about the money, why would Regal screw over the Champion when he is already "making that money"  

Like Matt said, they can't have it be premediated 

• Like 2

I'm just enjoying watching people fantasy book someone else's fantasy fed. Like, get your own 😉

Also loving the Apter headlines passing as comments. "Delegate, Coach Tony! The Fans' Impassioned Plea to Tony Khan"; "Is Tony K in Bed With the Bookies? Our Investigation Will Amaze You!"; "The Only Way is Down - Why MJF's Championship Reign Will Sink AEW!"; "Sign Our Petition to Get Bryan Danielson Doing What We Want"; "Is Jon Moxley Back on the Turpentine? We Speak To Someone Who Has No Idea".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Goitre said:

I'm just enjoying watching people fantasy book someone else's fantasy fed. Like, get your own 😉

Also loving the Apter headlines passing as comments. "Delegate, Coach Tony! The Fans' Impassioned Plea to Tony Khan"; "Is Tony K in Bed With the Bookies? Our Investigation Will Amaze You!"; "The Only Way is Down - Why MJF's Championship Reign Will Sink AEW!"; "Sign Our Petition to Get Bryan Danielson Doing What We Want"; "Is Jon Moxley Back on the Turpentine? We Speak To Someone Who Has No Idea".

Wait, wait - you forgot one! "He could walk on water and people would say "he can't even swim!"

Ok, phew, now the agenda is all ironed out and the discourse is well-reasoned. That's better. 

Edited by A_K

Let's just give away Kingston vs Akiyama for free! I didn't even know it was going to happen, until the graphics were up! I hope this doesn't mean that Eddie will never win another match in AEW, after realising his dream inside the ring!

I was getting over a mild case of apparent food poisoning, and slept through a bunch of matches, but the first two matches made this a worthy purchase. Need to rewatch later. Last three matches were a nice bonus making this one hell of a PPV. The Sting tag match was also super entertaining, as usual! Jarrett was in tremendeous shape!

2 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

I hope this doesn't mean that Eddie will never win another match in AEW, after realising his dream inside the ring!

Eddie cut a promo afterwards (It's probably been posted a couple of times so I'll toss it in spoilers below) saying that the dream wasn't over and that he was done losing his cool and that he was going all the way to the world title.

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Eddie cut a promo afterwards (It's probably been posted a couple of times so I'll toss it in spoilers below) saying that the dream wasn't over and that he was done losing his cool and that he was going all the way to the world title.

Reveal hidden contents

I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the promo, then. I did hear him thanking everyone who came and all the AJPW legends including Akiyama, then for once, peacefully ending the promo when told he had to go. Well, this WOULD be a very good way to jump-start his quest to the top. He can't be questioning if he's good enough after this. He must have proved it to himself here!

18 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the promo, then. I did hear him thanking everyone who came and all the AJPW legends including Akiyama, then for once, peacefully ending the promo when told he had to go. Well, this WOULD be a very good way to jump-start his quest to the top. He can't be questioning if he's good enough after this. He must have proved it to himself here!

MJF / Kingston may be the best program they can run actually. Taps into Regal's disdain of "sadist" vs thoroughbred. Promos would be great & authentic.

• Like 5

Yeah, the ROH 4-way and the TNT-title 3-way were both good stuff as well. Saraya vs Britt was ok, I guess. Nyla vs Jade was one of the better Jade mathes I've seen.

On a side note, I was convinced by my wife to buy a hat similar to what Hager has, albeit a different color, and I'll be damned, I like it too!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If and when Eddie finally wins the big one, and he should more than anyone else in AEW, more than Danielson (sick of fucking hearing about how Danielson should be champ or should be this or that and wanting him to be things he personally doesn't want to do), more than Darby, more than Miro, etc., he's going to get the biggest pop in the history of AEW and be their most over babyface champion. And when he hopefully wins that title, I am going to cry about as much as I did for the Chicago Cubs winning the championship.

If I had a hero in wrestling, Eddie is it. That man eats, breathes, sleeps, lives the same shit so many other people do with anxiety, depression, imposter syndrome, and self-sabotage. And despite all of that, he keeps fighting, more people keep believing in him, and more people get behind him. I can't think of any better second "album" for Tony Khan, the first being the journey of Hangman to being champion, than getting Eddie to the championship at Full Gear next year or maybe sooner than that. 

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

If and when Eddie finally wins the big one, and he should more than anyone else in AEW, more than Danielson (sick of fucking hearing about how Danielson should be champ or should be this or that and wanting him to be things he personally doesn't want to do), more than Darby, more than Miro, etc., he's going to get the biggest pop in the history of AEW and be their most over babyface champion. And when he hopefully wins that title, I am going to cry about as much as I did for the Chicago Cubs winning the championship.

If I had a hero in wrestling, Eddie is it. That man eats, breathes, sleeps, lives the same shit so many other people do with anxiety, depression, imposter syndrome, and self-sabotage. And despite all of that, he keeps fighting, more people keep believing in him, and more people get behind him. I can't think of any better second "album" for Tony Khan, the first being the journey of Hangman to being champion, than getting Eddie to the championship at Full Gear next year or maybe sooner than that. 

Honestly, I really want Kingston to have a World title reign. That would validate his approach to wrestling and his mindset as a wrestler. Plus, He's One of Us (the fact that he wants to wrestle or attempt to wrestle 90s AJPW style is amazing)

I really wish he would get better trunks though and that makes him look like The Fucking Star that he is. The Walmart dress pants aren't doing it for me. Maybe new gear would be one of the first things he does when he wins the World title.

Occasionally he wears the Misawa tribute green and white and I get that he has a gut (I'm not judging for that, I've developed one too), but I just want him to look the way people see in him.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AxB said:

It's almost as if we're in an ongoing storyline, and we should LET IT PLAY OUT or something

I still have a tremendous amount of trauma surrounding this phrase from the lead-up to WMXXX, I have to almost compulsively speculate baselessly now in protest

4 hours ago, eikerir said:

Forgot to mention about the Pre-Show, but what the hell has Nick Comoroto done to his look?

He had such a good thing going on with the caveman hair, beard and overall manliness and now looks like bottom tier generic CAW guy.

Yeah, the transition to Italian Razor Ramon has certainly been an interesting one. I, too, miss 'Unfrozen' Nick Comoroto - he was up there with Bear Country, 2.0, and MJF for me, as far as best retro acts go.

Re: BTE, this week's episode is sure to get people talking by including 

Spoiler

The crowd at Full Gear chanting 'Fuck CM Punk' set to a rap song that says 'Gonna make a statement...'

But I'll take it to the YouTube Nonsense thread!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Casey said:

Storm/Hayter Best of 7 instead please.

You know, it's probably too late now since the Elite/DT series has already been laid out, but if they ever wanted to heat up these Battle of the Belts specials, a great way to do it would be to hold a couple of these series simultaneously with the finals taking place there. Running two, for example, would mean 12 matches over the preceding month(s) that would basically function as BOTB commercials; sort of like the old KOTR qualifying matches on WWF TV.

They have enough titles where they could easily run two unique series per special (maybe change it to a best of five, if it becomes overkill):

January - Trios/Women's 

April - All-Atlantic/FTW

July - TNT/TBS

October - Tag/World

Plus, an added bonus is that if the concept gets over, they could always run a match or two of each series on Rampage, Dark, or Elevation which accomplishes two things: 1) gets eyeballs on those shows, and 2) changes up the atmosphere a little bit, which is important for obvious reasons if/when running 5/7 of the same match.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 5