DVDVR Message Board

Full Gear IV - 11/19/2022

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

Sorry guys. This one is my fault! This is what happens when they're booking for me and not one of you.

That's pretty crazy!

Both of us ended up getting exactly what we asked for, in fact:                                                          r3UbtAh.png 

How are we supposed to not love AEW now?

EXACTLY what we asked for. 

Somebody there wants the same things we do. It's pretty cool and fun, in my opinion.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

So my brother and I always watch PPVs together, I plan to pose this question to him tonight before the show. The way I see it, they have hinted at (at least to some degree) a few different "turns" that could happen tonight or go past the "point of no return" even if the actual turn doesn't happen. They would be:

1. Regal turning on Mox
  2. Bryan just turning heel in general to the BCC
  3. Darby turning on Sting
  4. Swerve turning on Lee
  5. Pac turning on Lucha Bros
  6. Jamie turning on Britt

Obviously, all of those aren't going to happen but its interesting as it shows a few things. One, that like in all wrestling, there is always the hovering feeling of betrayal. And two, TK likes to set things up and then take months to pull the trigger, if he does at all. Anyway, my question to him would just be which ones he thinks are the most likely? I'd say Regal turning and Swerve turning are the two most likely, with the rest falling to "maybe happening later but not tonight."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They've made such a big deal about the Dynamite Diamond Ring that I can absolutely see MJF winning with the Power of the Punch from Regal.

I think the way to go is having Britt inadvertently costing Hayter the title match early in the night and Hayter purposefully stopping Britt from cheating against Saraya later in the night setting up their feud.

I think the first option is more likely than the second.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Ordered the PPV. Criminal #FTR aren't on this. Hope it doesn't drag like Double or Nothing 2022 did. All Out 2022 was a disappointment. The post media scrum was actually better than the actual show. One of my main AEW criticisms is timing issues with matches/shows going too long/too short and not staying with the post match long enough to let the aftermath sink in before heading to the next.

Edited by The Natural

Last night I told my wife I wasn’t going to order the PPV to save money and she is basically insisting that I buy it, so I guess I’m in. The buy-in is going to be great, I’ll probably be watching the UT football game on my iPad and the buy-in on the big TV.

My hope is that MJF was swerving with The Firm and that’s how he wins. I don’t want BCC to break up yet, and I don’t want Regal to turn, nor do I think it makes much sense for him to choose MJF over BCC.

I’m with Matt where I think Britt-Jamie split, with each costing the other the match. Can’t recall who said that they’re not going to have a title switch on an interim title, which makes sense to me.

I think it would be more interesting if Keith Lee went heel with Swerve, but I definitely seems like they’re going to split and I can’t see AEW taking the title off The Acclaimed right now, they are their single hottest act.

I don’t know that they would take the belt off Jericho, but if they do it’s definitely not gonna be Jericho taking the pin. They’re teasing that Sammy could go into business for himself, and as I said on the Dynamite thread there are little seeds planted for Claudio to take advantage of an opportunity even if it’s pinning Bryan (and technically in the BCC canon that would be acceptable).

I don’t see them ending Jade’s streak so Nyla is toast, and the TBS belt goes back to being boring AF.

I don’t really care much about the rest of the card. 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I know people are happy they're getting things they want, but Tony is clearly stealing ideas and this is just the sort of case Mark Sterling specializes in.

I'd accept a settlement from Tony if it means we get Nese/Woods against FTR for the ROH titles.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Ordered the PPV. Criminal #FTR aren't on this. Hope it doesn't drag like Double or Nothing 2022 did. All Out 2022 was a disappointment. The post media scrum was actually better than the actual show. One of my main AEW criticisms is timing issues with matches/shows going too long/too short and not staying with the post match long enough to let the aftermath sink in before heading to the next.

There is a possibility that Dax versus Garcia gets added to the Zero Hour, but it’s already kind of loaded for an hour long preshow.

23 minutes ago, Casey said:

There is a possibility that Dax versus Garcia gets added to the Zero Hour, but it’s already kind of loaded for an hour long preshow.

Card's stacked and I'd argue that something like the ten man tag adds both variety and Danhausen/Cassidy (so a bit of comedy) instead of just another technical match to tire the crowd out.

Garcia vs Dax sounds like a blast though. Save it for Wednesday. Use it to set up a 2.0 vs FTR tag that you can use to set up FTR vs the Kingdom at the ROH PPV (... though as much as I hate to say it, in that scenario FTR vs Kingdom vs 2.0 vs Gunns at the ROH PPV probably makes more storyline sense).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Fuck it 4 hour PPV plus 2 hour preshow, Tony deal has got the good Columbian stuff apparently.

The ten man tag is interesting both for the chaos and what they do with Danhausen. That video was an early one where the character was being portrayed as a serial killer as opposed to comedy 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqhvwnvBIvE&ab_channel=LoveThatDanhausen

• Like 2

Since TK just signed Konosuke Takeshita and signed fucking El Bandido last week, I am getting the PPV.  Gotta keep El Lardicus in Cinnebons.  The only match I'm really interested in is Toni Storm vs Jamie Hayter so this is truly a charitable donation.  I could just as easily watched it tomorrow on a famous ransomeware soaked Chinese site.  I AM A SAINT!

• Like 6

Will stay silent once the main show starts but I'll say this - PUSH KINGSTON YOU COWARDS!

If it's the one thing AEW achieve in the next few years, Eddie winning the World Title cannot be fucked up or stalled on.

This man is one of the last "real" talents we have.

He's Foley.

He's Dusty.

He is a CAN NOT MISS talent.

Please don't fuck this up Tony.

• Like 6

PRE-SHOW!  It's four on five!  NICKY BOY!  Trent is beating the fuck out of Aaron Solo!  Cole Karter runs in to go up BIG!  QT Marshall is a HEAT MACHINE! I absolutely LOVE then doing the Best Friends hug.  NICKY BOY kills Trent!  Trent kills QT!  OC kills the Factory!  QT punches OC in the face!  BLUE THUNDER BOMB by Big Shotty!  Cole Karter is a HEAT MACHINE!  EVIL DANHAUSEN!  DANSTEINERHAUSEN!  It's ROH Danhausen, which I had totally forgotten about.  Ricky Starks is STILL brawling.  I dig that.  I also dig Brian Cage.  He wrestles like a weirdo for a body guy. Starks is awesome getting over as an injured, sympathetic babyface.  Cage is great as force to work against.  A Spear by Starks FOR TWO!  Cage cuts him off by completely slaughtering Starks!  This match is great.  ROCHAMBEAU!  Ethan Page was great on commentary.  Once again, ZERO HOUR is a great episode of Rampage.  JUN AKIYAMA!   I love Kingston trying to do the Kobashi/Misawa suplex off the apron.  Akiyama is such great cranky old bastard.  Akiyama takes the third most painful match an American modern wrestler can take but was probably the thirtieth most painful bump Akiyama has taken.  Akiyama takes a DDT like RVD!  NORTHERN LIGHTS BOMB BY KINGSTON!  URICAN and EDDIE WINS!  Well, THAT was emotional.  Goddam, top THAT, PPV.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Oh MAN!  FIRST MATCH is alllll about THE BLOOD!  Jungle Boy is fucking HARDCORE!  FUCKING AWESOME!  This match is great.  That match was fucking awesome.  Man, what gets to follow THAT?  That match had HATE.  They violated the cagematch rules that have never been not violated and it set up the table spot.  KANSAS!  Well, that's fucking awesome.  My GOD!  The crowd is fucking MOLTEN.  The Young Bucks and the Lucha Brothers are really great in the ring together.  PAC and Omega are great together.  Man, the crowd was ready for the return of the Elite.  Oh yeah!  I forgot!  KENNY OMEGA FUCKING RULES.  I get the feeling Meltzer is giving this seven stars.  AWESOME FINISH!  That was fucking great.  PAC IS A BASTARD!  And now REY FENIX IS A BASTARD!  Nyla and Jade wrestling makes one wonder- WILL THERE BE BLOOD IN THIS ONE?  Nyla is bumping like a champ for Jade.  Nyla with an INVERTED WRECKED EM!  Jade is selling a lot.  Strange.  Jade hits a Beast Bomb!  Nyla hits a JADED!  Jade with the Big Kick To The Face!  Jaded for the win!  That was WOW good!  It was perfectly fine in a General Wrestling way.  Sammy is a TOTAL HEAT MACHINE!  They discuss how shittily the ROH title has been booked the last twenty years.  Danielson and Guevara are beating the crap out of each other again.  Sammy looks great in this.  This match is vast series of nearfalls!  The question is how do get Jericho to leave with the belt?  AH! That's how!  That was good.  Saraya!  Britt Baker!  I've never actually seen Saraya wrestle.  I didn't start watching WWE until like a year and a half ago.  I love that Baker works the neck IMMEDIATELY!  I guess her neck is okay.  This is pretty good.  Saraya's finisher is nasty.   Saraya looks like she hasn't wrestled in 5 years but Baker carried her pretty well, especially by mangling her previously broken neck.  That was a good re-debut.  Oh man, a TRIPLE THREAT MATCH!  Yeesh.  What is this- IMPACT?!  Wardlow and Hobbs beating the hell out of each makes me wish that this was a normal wrestling match.  WARDLOW DOES THE JEFF HARDY CORNER THINGY! Wardlow hits the MODERN DAY SWANTON- crushing Hobbs like a bug.  Wardlow fucks around too much after Powerbombing Hobbs!  Samoa Joe is your new TNT champion!  That was a three-way with all its inherent flaws.  Jericho versus Ishii!  That'll be good.  Jeff Jarratt is bumping like a FREAK for a guy as old and decrepit as he is.  This is fun!  STING crushes Satnam the way wee Darby couldn't!  So they are going to have a normal tag match now?   Sure!  Oh yeah, Jay Lethal RULES.  Darby Allin also rules!  They re-crush Satnam with a Scorpion Death Drop/Coffin Drop!  Jeff Jarrett was fucking GREAT in that.  It's Jamie Hayter!  It's Toni Storm!  Man!  The crowd is MOLTEN for this.  Early WRECKED EM!  This match is STIFF.  FUN nearfalls!  BLOOD!  MORE FUN NEARFALLS!  MOORE FUN NEARFALLS!  EVEN YET EVEN MORE FUN NEARFALLS!  HAYTER WINS! HAYTER WINS! HAYTER WINS!  That was fucking awesome.  That was booked fifteen ways to Sunday, but all booked pointing to the most fun a finish can be.  That was great.  Oh awesome!  SIOG are channeling the Minnesota  Wrecking Crew and destroying the shoulder of Anthony Bowens.  FUN NEARFALLS!  Keith Lee turns on Swerve!  Needed FTR.  MOX is wrestling total heel and it's great.  MJF is wrestling as our sympathetic babyface (who motorboated a lady at rail side.)  MJF is getting HOPE SPOTS~!  MOX cuts him off and beats him to death. MOX is getting LEGIT HEEL HEAT!  Fun near count out!  This match is fun.  Moxley seems to be having WAY too much fun wrestling heel.  Regal gives MJF the brass knuckles!  We have a new champion!  That was a good PPV.  The best match was Storm/Hayter.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Apart from a couple of bits, this was an absolute top notch show. Some random comments:

CAGE MATCH

HBK Jack Perry was on full force here and I this felt like a little tribute to the original HIAC from 97 with Jacks trunks, hair, elbow drop and also spots like the tombstones, big piledriver and the catapult into the cage giving me big Badd Blood vibes.

TRIOS TITLE MATCH

These 6 guys just have crazy chemistry with each other, the perfect execution of everything attempted in this match is just ridiculous.

Perfect ending too.

That being said, the Best of 7 series announced for this just sounds like extreme overkill.

ROH TITLE MATCH

Another awesome non stop match. Sammy has been really bringing it in his last few appearances and I appreciate the extra intensity.

They 100% got me with the GTH + SSP near fall.

JAKE HAGER LOVES HIS HAT GOD DANGIT

WOMENS TITLE MATCH

This is it, this is all I wanted from tonight. I'm ready for the Hayer era. I'm glad they pulled the trigger because the crowd was dying for her to win with every near fall just like they were with The Acclaimed at the last PPV.

I didn't even care about all the bullshit cheating  because the adrenaline of every near fall getting us closer to that sweet Jamie win was worth it, I popped big time. Loved this match and seemed like the crowd did too.

These two were also really laying into each other, they had one of the best "I hit you, you hit me" exchanges I've ever seen.

Rebel turning Super Saiyan after being sent to the back was also a highlight

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1