DVDVR Message Board

Full Gear IV - 11/19/2022

Dolfan in NYC

I would not be surprised if the finish of the Saraya/Britt Baker match is them pretending that Saraya broke her neck or suffered some brain injury on a DDT or some other move where she lands on her head.   And that is probably the best option because Saraya from a 3 to 5 year break having a "workrate" match seems like a bad idea

Fh090YtWAAM9pEY?format=jpg&name=large

The card. I'd lose Jack Perry/Luchasaurus and Sting/Darby Allin vs. Jay Lethal/Jeff Jarrett (fuck Jay and Jeff). Criminal there's no.#FTR. #FTR should have beat the Bucks at All Out 2022 or here for Winner Takes All - #FTR adding the AEW World Tag Team Championship to the IWGP World Tag Team Championship, ROH World Tag Team Championship and AAA World Tag Team Championship. No Eddie Kingston either.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I would not be surprised if the finish of the Saraya/Britt Baker match is them pretending that Saraya broke her neck or suffered some brain injury on a DDT or some other move where she lands on her head.   And that is probably the best option because Saraya from a 3 to 5 year break having a "workrate" match seems like a bad idea

I hope they don’t go down that road. As a person that’s had multiple head injuries himself I don’t find it cute or good storytelling when wrestling companies (and AEW seems to do it more than most) tease head injuries. Look at how Adam Cole got concussed what two weeks after Britt faked one on TV? 

I agree they need to cover for Saraya, but her character is so unlikable that I’d prefer they just have Britt beat her. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LF2 said:

I hope they don’t go down that road. As a person that’s had multiple head injuries himself I don’t find it cute or good storytelling when wrestling companies (and AEW seems to do it more than most) tease head injuries. Look at how Adam Cole got concussed what two weeks after Britt faked one on TV? 

I agree they need to cover for Saraya, but her character is so unlikable that I’d prefer they just have Britt beat her. 

I don't want AEW to go that way either. Hate when wrestling shows do worrying the fanbase.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

The card. I'd lose Jack Perry/Luchasaurus and Sting/Darby Allin vs. Jay Lethal/Jeff Jarrett (fuck Jay and Jeff). Criminal there's no.#FTR. #FTR should have beat the Bucks at All Out 2022 or here for Winner Takes All - #FTR adding the AEW World Tag Team Championship to the IWGP World Tag Team Championship, ROH World Tag Team Championship and AAA World Tag Team Championship. No Eddie Kingston either.

Only problem with that is that the Bucks would've had to hold the tag titles again.

• Like 1

I really don't think this card has any "fluff" on it. Sure, there will be people that don't like X or Y wrestler that would rather not see them, but that doesn't mean the story isn't there or the match won't be great. I personally don't want to see Jarrett on PPV in 2022 either but I have learned not to doubt Sting. All the matches have had at least a decent build, honestly I think every match has the *potential* to be a ***+ match. Doesn't mean they will be of course and some will have to be worked really smart (like Baker/Saraya) but in-ring wise this should be a pretty killer show.

I'd really like to see at least one title change with the women though. I enjoy Toni and Jade, I don't want them to fade into nothingness, but I am ready for new stories. Jamie Hayter is so hot right now (in the ring and with the crowd!), the story is with her and Britt and they need to get there. I'm just concerned they won't remove the belt from Toni as long as she is an Interim champion.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

I don't want AEW to go that way either. Hate when wrestling shows do worrying the fanbase.

It just makes it harder to believe the real stuff (like what happened to Hangman). If you’re faking head injuries every 3-6 weeks on TV then people aren’t going to bite if someone legit gets hurt. 

And I’ll say as a wrestling fan and a football fan the awful bump Hangman took, and also seeing Tua get hit during the Bengals game both while I was out with a concussion myself made me sick to my stomach. 

But I will credit Tony Khan for how serious he’s been about concussions (once they happen) since he’s not rushed either Adam back into the ring. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Looking at the card, it's really amazing how many of these came to be from what they likely would've originally been.

Mox/MJF is happening instead of Punk/MJF (likely would've if Punk didn't get hurt and then subsequently brawled out at All Out)

Storm/Hayter (we got derailed putting a title on a Interim champ while Rosa got hurt).

Acclaimed/Swerve (will this even happen now? Bowen had his arm in a sling after Dynamite!)

Death Triangle/The Elite (maybe this would've gone down like this but Bucks/Omega getting stripped immediately had a scramble tourny)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

The card. I'd lose Jack Perry/Luchasaurus and Sting/Darby Allin vs. Jay Lethal/Jeff Jarrett (fuck Jay and Jeff).

I agree with the tag match, and I say that as a big Darby Allin fan. But the Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus match is a major milestone in a storyline that's been building for months. Dropping that from the card sounds crazy to me.

1 hour ago, LF2 said:

It just makes it harder to believe the real stuff (like what happened to Hangman). If you’re faking head injuries every 3-6 weeks on TV then people aren’t going to bite if someone legit gets hurt. 

The solution to that, IMO, is to put a long-overdue stake in the heart of kayfabe and be completely transparent about what's real and what isn't. I realize it would piss off traditionalists, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LF2 said:

And I’ll say as a wrestling fan and a football fan the awful bump Hangman took, and also seeing Tua get hit during the Bengals game both while I was out with a concussion myself made me sick to my stomach. 

But I will credit Tony Khan for how serious he’s been about concussions (once they happen) since he’s not rushed either Adam back into the ring. 

This.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bill S. Preston ESQ. said:

Im most excited for Death Triangle vs Elite, Page vs Starks (hopefully), too see how Mox/MJF, Acclaimed/SwerveGlory plays out. ROH title match, TNT, Women's title matches should be fun. 

Page/Starks (if he wins the next two) won't be until Wednesday, the tournament final got bumped from the PPV. Cage will face off against Archer/Starks now on the pre-show.

2 hours ago, tbarrie said:

I agree with the tag match, and I say that as a big Darby Allin fan. But the Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus match is a major milestone in a storyline that's been building for months. Dropping that from the card sounds crazy to me.

The solution to that, IMO, is to put a long-overdue stake in the heart of kayfabe and be completely transparent about what's real and what isn't. I realize it would piss off traditionalists, though.

I'm just not into Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus dating back to a tag team with Marko Stunt.

Co-sign on everything else though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I'm just not into Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus dating back to a tag team with Marko Stunt.

Co-sign on everything else though.

I don't like them or the feud but I'm hoping this is the blow off so they can move on.

• Like 3

Sorry guys. This one is my fault! This is what happens when they're booking for me and not one of you.

Speaking of matches that probably don't belong on the PPV, I'd love to see OC/Best Friends/Danhausen/Rocky vs Factory (QT/Solo/Karter/Johnson/Big Nicky Comoroto), because of the chaos possible in a 10 man match. I'm not sure anyone else wants to see that.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3