DVDVR Message Board

Full Gear IV - 11/19/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Live from Newark, NJ 

Welcome to the Rock!

THE CARD~

FOR THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP **- Jon Moxley (c) vs. MJF

FOUR WAY MATCH FOR THE RING OF HONOR CHAMPIONSHIP - Chris Jericho (c) vs. Bryan Danielson vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Sammy Guevara

FOR THE INTERIM WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Toni Storm (c) vs. Jamie Hayter

FOR THE TBS CHAMPIONSHIP - Jade Cargill (c) vs. Nyla Rose

THREE WAY MATCH FOR THE TNT CHAMPIONSHIP - Wardlow (c) vs. Samoa Joe vs. Powerhouse Hobbs

FINALS OF THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ELIMINATOR TOURNAMENT ***

FOR THE WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Acclaimed (Caster / Bowens, c) vs. Swerve In Our Glory (Strickland / Lee)

FOR THE TRIOS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Death Triangle (PAC / Penta / Fenix, c) vs. The Elite (Jackson / Omega / Jackson)

STEEL CAGE MATCH - Luchasaurus vs. Jungle Boy

Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. vs. Saraya

Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal vs. Sting and Darby Allin

-

** - This is MJF's chip cash in.

*** - Winner receives title shot at Winter is Coming (12/14/22); pre-show match

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Hot take, but I kind of wish they weren't doing a tag match on this upcoming Dynamite and instead made the ROH title match an old school four corner survival match. Give it more of an old ROH flavour and differentiate it somehow from everything else on the card. 

Oh man, that would've been cool - it would've been a great way to advance the BCC story if it came down to Claudio/Danielson at the end. Plus, they would've had the option to eliminate Jericho first to tell the 'guaranteed new champion' story for the rest of the match. I've always been a huge fan of that since the Taz/Tajiri/Awesome match where Taz dropped the ECW title, and I feel like it doesn't happen enough.

• Like 1

Saraya On Being Inspired By Stone Cold’s WrestleMania Return, Her Health Upon Joining AEW

On Austin vs Owens at Wrestlemania: “Stone Cold had that match with Kevin Owens but he didn’t bump that much. It was very limited but he still had an amazing match and that was inspiring to me. I probably could pull off doing a Stone Cold match, right? And it was just in my head… There wasn’t a crazy amount of bumps because the story that they told was so fantastic. Maybe we can do something like that.”

Suggesting to Tony Khan that kind of match: ”I remember throwing that idea at Tony and he was like “with Sting coming in we did tag matches, so maybe we can do some tag matches.” I was like ehnnnnnnnn if I was to come back I would want it to be a singles match.”

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Oh man, that would've been cool - it would've been a great way to advance the BCC story if it came down to Claudio/Danielson at the end. Plus, they would've had the option to eliminate Jericho first to tell the 'guaranteed new champion' story for the rest of the match. I've always been a huge fan of that since the Taz/Tajiri/Awesome match where Taz dropped the ECW title, and I feel like it doesn't happen enough.

Masato Tanaka, but point taken.

• Thanks 1

My seats are in the upper atmosphere, the Webb telescope may have a better view of of me than I will of the ring, but I’ll be there. As someone who became a crotchety old man at 20 I hate that I committed to being out past midnight, but these AEW shows are the only time my brother and I get together and have any real quality time. Plus, this card has fun written all over it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, (BP) said:

My seats are in the upper atmosphere, the Webb telescope may have a better view of of me than I will of the ring, but I’ll be there. As someone who became a crotchety old man at 20 I hate that I committed to being out past midnight, but these AEW shows are the only time my brother and I get together and have any real quality time. Plus, this card has fun written all over it. 

Enjoy, @(BP). Ditto, @StuntmanCrowley.

It'll be 1am till 5am Sunday morning UK time. You have to be hardcore to watch AEW, WWE and UFC when it goes out live UK time. Check these out and wince:

WWE RAW. 1am till 4am Tuesday morning.

WWE NXT. 1am till 3am Wednesday morning.

AEW Dynamite. 1am till 3am Thursday morning.

WWE Smackdown. 1am till 3am Saturday morning.

AEW Rampage. 3am till 4am Saturday morning.

WWE PPV. 1am till 4am Sunday morning or Monday morning.

UFC PPV. 3am-5am or over Sunday morning depending on how long fights go.

AEW PPV. 1am till 5am Sunday morning or Monday morning.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So is it safe to say regardless of who (especially if it’s Ethan Page) wins this years World Title Eliminator Tournament that it’s going to be the worst finals, and certainly worst winner yet? Considering the previous two were Kenny over Hangman and Bryan over Miro. Don’t get me wrong I like Bandido a lot, but I don’t see him making the finals, and if he does that means Cage would have beaten Ricky Starks so that alone isn’t an attractive tournament final.

Edited by LF2
Typo

3 hours ago, LF2 said:

So is it safe to say regardless of who (especially if it’s Ethan Page) wins this years World Title Eliminator Tournament that it’s going to be the worst finals, and certainly worst winner yet? Considering the previous two were Kenny over Hangman and Bryan over Miro. Don’t get me wrong I like Bandido a lot, but I don’t see him making the finals, and if he does that means Cage would have beaten Ricky Starks so that alone isn’t an attractive tournament final.

If we somehow get Starks vs Bandido, that'll be fantastic.

As long as we don't get Page/Cage for the finals, we're golden. Archer/Page has a gut feeling that it'd be surprisingly good but I think that's the most unlikely outcome.

• Like 1

If I were booking that field we'd be getting an Eddie Kingston vs Lance Archer Japanese-style brawl as the finals. But AEW is pushing younger guys here and [Wim Hoff voice] that's... okay!

I am, personally, less stoked up for this AEW PPV than for any previous AEW PPV... though I am still fairly stoked.

I am not on the Push Ethan Page bandwagon. Is there even such a thing?

There's definitely a Make MJF The Star bandwagon. I am not on it. I agree with William Regal's in-story take on Friedman. He's playing at being a bad guy and getting "I love him because he's so good at playing the heel role" reactions. I will be bummed out if Regal turns on Mox. I am not looking forwrd to MJF as champ with shows being built around variations of his "Do you want to know how I got this scarf?" worked-shoot promo. I realise I am pretty firmly in the minority there and I am OK with that.

Storm vs Hayter,on the other hand, has me 100% stoked. Should be the best match on the card. I am SO hoping for a Hayter win. Partly because she's great but also because she's  gotten over with the live crowds organically, and putting her over a big-name import would be a very anti-Burger King move for AEW to make.

On the other hand, if Jeff Jarrett goes over, I may have to reconsider my fandom. I personally would much prefer to see Eddie Kingston on the PPV. Or Shida. Or JD Drake. Or Toa Liona. 

Or Wardlow, Hobbs, and Joe, or FTR... Who are likely to be added so that's.... okay!

The ROH Title match is gonna be great and any of those guys could win and it would be fun to watch what happens next. A Bryan win, while possibly the least likely outcome, would mark me out pretty hard. I'd love to see him as champ when they start up the new ROH TV show. Though, Dragon really doesn't need the belt. As @Phil Schneiderargues in his latest Ringer piece, Dragon seems content just to be free to fight long interesting matches with a variety of talented opponents.

DMD vs  ex-Paige is not for me and that's... okay.

I am curious of they will turn Jade 100% face here.

SioG and Acclaimed have some good ring chemistry and some storyline intrigue. They could steal the show.

I like both JB and Bad Dinosaur but this story is kinda played out now.

Expecting FTR v Ass Boys, Elite v Death Triangle, and Hobbs v Wardlow v Joe to all be added, making the show too long but also more my kind of show.

Also hoping for Kingston v Akiyama to be announced for the pre-show, and like Bryan v MiSu, steal the whole show.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

@Gordlow You had me thinking we could be friends until I got to the Jeff Jarrett portion of your post. I can’t believe you’re not a fan after all the great segments he’s given us over the years (and yes I’m struggling to think of some right now).

In all seriousness I like that I’m not the only one that’s going to be less than thrilled if MJF wins the main event. I think he can and will get better with more time, but for now his promos aren’t doing it for me either.

Who are you predicting to win the ROH Championship match? Personally I’d say Jericho since that would probably get the most buys for Final Battle. My best guess is  if Jericho wins he’ll defend against Adam Cole (I was going to say Kenny, but I can’t see them relegating him to ROH) at Final Battle.

Your pre-show match idea would be phenomenal if they actually run it. I’d love to see them given proper time, and tear the house down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1