DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOVEMBER 2022

The Natural

Matt Hardy Reveals Why He & Jeff Left TNA In 2017

"Jeff and I were fully committed to staying with TNA. We loved the stuff we were doing at TNA," Hardy said on "The Extreme Life of Matt Hardy" podcast. "We [The Hardys and Jeff Jarrett] had major differences of opinion in what direction we were all going to go business-wise... If Jeff Jarrett hadn't been there, we wouldn't have gone back to WWE. I think we would've stayed at Impact."

Edited by Dolphman 3000
  • Sad 2

i don't know if it got brought up in the All Out thread (probably not due to..... reasons) but i realized that Kenny Omega has won the top singles, doubles, and trios titles in AEW. the first Triple Crown champion. 

i believe only Dusty Rhodes accomplished this feat with the NWA titles.
Ring of Honor alum to pull this off include Christopher Daniels, Jay Briscoe, PCO, and Matt Taven

Any other notables anywhere?

• Like 3

I’m assuming not that many places have/had a 6-man title, so the opportunities are rare. If you allow for multiple companies, Ivan Koloff (WWWF champion, NWA tag and 6-man).

• Like 3

the Nashville NWA office had 6 man belts in the 1970s. 

if you combine multiple promotions to win a world title, world tag and world six man:

Kerry

Tenryu

tommy rich? 

Bob Backlund? (war 6 man) 

Bigelow (if you count ECW) 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, twiztor said:

i don't know if it got brought up in the All Out thread (probably not due to..... reasons) but i realized that Kenny Omega has won the top singles, doubles, and trios titles in AEW. the first Triple Crown champion. 

Ring of Honor alum to pull this off include Christopher Daniels, Jay Briscoe, PCO, and Matt Taven

Hiroshi Tanahashi, EVIL, Satoshi Kojima, and Manabu Nakanishi in NJPW.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Unnatural said:

Fucking STOKED they coming back 

I haven't got tickets yet, waiting to see if there is a magical price drop like there have been in other cities. It also feels like they're making a decision to push all the big matches to the following week and Winter Is Coming. This is also likely to be a "go home" show for the ROH PPV, which means it could be great or could be a very WTF show.

All that said, if Takeshita gets announced I don't see how I can skip.

• Like 3

The ratings were delayed due to the whole holiday and all

Dynamite got 880k last Wednesday, 0.32 in the demo, 6th overall behind Germany/Japan (which got 1.61m and 0.57 on FS1 at 8 in the morning), two NBA games on ESPN, "College Bkbl Reg Ssn" on ESPN, and NBA Courtside also on ESPN.

The top non-sports/wrestling show on Cable last Wednesday was The Challenge: Ride or Die (470k/0.22) on MTV which placed 13th.

Friday ratings will be available tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/26/2022 at 7:48 PM, twiztor said:

Kerry with World Class?

• Thanks 1

I had an AEW-related dream last night that's bothered me all day.

I had to go get Hook. He was at his house. I don't know why I had to get him, or where we were going. Hook owned several vehicles, but apparently he decided we would travel in an old 80's C-Body Chevy pickup truck. You know the kind that a professional mechanic has? The outside doesn't look fancy but under the hood it's a beast? It was that kind. Hook opened the passenger door for me, and I climbed in, and before he started to drive, my wife woke me up.

Where were we going?

• Haha 4