DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOVEMBER 2022

The Natural

On 11/13/2022 at 10:57 AM, The Natural said:

Maybe Liv can get Abadon into WWE where they can start off scary doing supernatural stuff to intimidate their opponents and then later be befriended by a "wacky" girl who gets them to have fun and eventually dance all under the chorus of the announcers doing their best fake laugh?

Edited by Log
I'm an idiot and I used incorrect pronouns for Abadon. Please know that it was unintentional.
  • Like 2

Speaking of Abadon, Observer and PW Insider are reporting that they appeared to suffer a broken collarbone due to an in-ring injury this weekend.

Awful to hear as they've been improving a great deal over the last year, both in ring and presentation. And I think AEW had booked a show in Colorado next month, likely meaning no "home field" match for them 

• Sad 4

On 11/12/2022 at 9:41 PM, Phantom Lord said:

Just got back from an Indy show here in Brooklyn and Abadon was on the card. Sadly she got injured during the match. She was clutching her shoulder so maybe a torn shoulder or something of that nature. So she might be out of action for a while.

3 hours ago, colonial said:

Speaking of Abadon, Observer and PW Insider are reporting that they appeared to suffer a broken collarbone due to an in-ring injury this weekend.

Awful to hear as they've been improving a great deal over the last year, both in ring and presentation. And I think AEW had booked a show in Colorado next month, likely meaning no "home field" match for them 

Heartbreaking. Was planning on going to see them at an indy next month. Terrible news. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Log said:

Is this the first time Akiyama has wrestled in the US? I don't recall him coming over in the mid-aughts when all the other Noah guys were working ROH, etc.

I was trying to think the same thing as I posted. Great minds think alike as the saying goes.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Cagematch shows one match in the US, and it's a real corker:

Jun Akiyama, Misterioso Jr. & Ultimo Dragon defeat The Border Patrol (Colt Stevens & JR Kratos) & Vinny Massaro

PWR The Calm Before The Storm - Pay Per View @ John O'Connor High School in San Francisco, California, USA

Which is not quite bringing Hashimoto over to work Gary Steele but it's still not great.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Fuck, one week later and I would have been able to see Akiyama in person. Who knows, maybe Coach Tony K keeps Akiyama for a week longer and gives us Eddie vs Akiyama in a singles match on the pre-Thanksgiving Dynamite. That would fucking rule getting to see one of my all time favorite Japanese wrestlers, and really one of my favorite wrestlers period, live and in person when I never thought that would be possible before.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Log said:

Is this the first time Akiyama has wrestled in the US? I don't recall him coming over in the mid-aughts when all the other Noah guys were working ROH, etc.

He did some shows out in California a few years ago. Rev Pro, I think...

I also want to say he did some shows with Donovan Morgan & The little guy's promotion back in the day

On 11/14/2022 at 6:40 PM, Phantom Lord said:

Yeah, it must of been something like that. Abadon had to be carried from the ring because they were in no shape to even walk back to the locker room. One thing that surprised me about them is Abadon is a lot shorter in person.

I was real confused by the singular/plural thing until I checked their twitter. I don't know that I saw that Abadon is non-binary until today. This conversation makes much more sense now...

16 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

He did some shows out in California a few years ago. Rev Pro, I think...

I also want to say he did some shows with Donovan Morgan & The little guy's promotion back in the day

I remember the Noah crew doing shows for Morgan & Co in the early 00s too.

Carrying this over from the Dynamite thread, but the Bunny doesn't get enough respect. Much like Adam Cole, she seems like a total sweetheart in real life and it's very easy to connect with her with many of the issues she's been open with. Both of them should be goodwill ambassadors for AEW given how relatable and likeable each are. 

In ring, she's really improved. Her and Penelope Ford both. It's a shame we're still stuck with the mandatory 1 women's match per Dynamite and Rampage because Bunny and Ford should get more screen time. The only thing that sort of bugs me about Ford is that she naturally looks like she's cosplaying as, shit, I can't think of her name, Shao Khan's wife in Mortal Kombat. It's the hair and her face, not so much the ring gear. "Superbad" is also a pretty lame gimmick, but I'm afraid if they took that away her option would be another AEW gothic gimmick.

• Like 4

Ethan Page Discusses Preparing For His World Title Eliminator Tournament Matches

On his match with Bandido: “The clothes and the backstage, I try and put attention to every detail humanly possible. Obviously I have no clue if I’m gonna walk out of Wednesday the winner or not, but I want everyone to know, I have ordered four pairs of tights. Just in case Ethan Page makes it all the way to the title match. I have a fresh pair of attire for every single match. I’m going all out. If this is the chance that they’re gonna give me the ball, alright, I’m gonna dunk it. That’s my thought at least. Every aspect of this. Plus, if ‘Macho Man’ could wear three different pairs of gear in one tournament on the same day, I could do it over a couple weeks.”

If he bought 4 pairs of tights that means he's winning at Full Gear - Match 4 would then be the title shot

• Sad 1