DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOVEMBER 2022

The Natural

Ortiz always had a first name until he showed up in Impact. His name was always Angel Ortiz.

Santana mostly wrestled as Mike Draztik before becoming Santana. So he never had a first name in that gimmick, unless Santana is his first name and he doesn't have a last name instead. Who knows? Unless his first name is San and his last name is Tana or something.

12 hours ago, AxB said:

Ortiz always had a first name until he showed up in Impact. His name was always Angel Ortiz.

Santana mostly wrestled as Mike Draztik before becoming Santana. So he never had a first name in that gimmick, unless Santana is his first name and he doesn't have a last name instead. Who knows? Unless his first name is San and his last name is Tana or something.

First and last name are the same. Santana Santana.

• Like 1

I just read some notes from an Anthony Ogogo interview. There wasn't much to pass along, but he does seem like a really good team player. And patient. I wonder why they don't loan more of their growing (and in need of match reps not squash reps) talent sitting on the sidelines out to Impact. It seems like Ogogo, the Blondes, Brock Anderson, the Bears, etc. could benefit from such an excursion. 

Also, what's the deal with Stu Grayson? Did I get excited too quickly that the most underrated/underutilized talent in the company (or formerly in the company), both in ring and on the mic (goddamn I love that thick french canadian accent), was back in the fold? Was that just a one shot 'hand in' cameo? Are they working out a visa? Anybody got the goods on Stu?

Edited by HarryArchieGus

3 minutes ago, zendragon said:

I assumed he worked that one shot cause they where in Canada where he's based.

Based in the Country of Canada, yes. Montreal to be just a wee bit more specific. A 6 hour drive from Toronto, but a short flight. I didn't assume it was a one off, but your assumption is seeming more likely.

Sounds like one of the main reasons Bandido chose AEW over wwe is he didn’t want to move his family to Florida so he could go to the PC. That’s the most relatable thing I’ve ever heard. Every adult decision I’ve ever made is made partially to avoid having to move to Florida…

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

I just realized next week will be the first Dynamite I've attended where there will be a go-home live Rampage the following Friday - now I'm wondering if we get a truncated show, or if they're going to be cooking up one of those special Saturday Night Dark episodes after the TBS broadcast ends. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I just realized next week will be the first Dynamite I've attended where there will be a go-home live Rampage the following Friday - now I'm wondering if we get a truncated show, or if they're going to be cooking up one of those special Saturday Night Dark episodes after the TBS broadcast ends. 

You will probably get Dark Elevation followed by Dynamite.

The fans on Friday should get a bunch of Dark matches and Rampage.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, zendragon said:

315299939_3306303696318490_9197304456017374334_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=T2wi9Xmba04AX9Vj6BD&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=00_AfCBhh0kcbh429mQ-KFEu5-klBsNuJHLKDzrrOkU8umOzg&oe=6372AB92

The (even more) funny thing about this is that if you'd actually put Billy Gunn's current photo up, it would be way more jacked than the younger photo. These people have all aged very gracefully, but Billy is indeed on the R-Truth scale, even in this crew!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

The (even more) funny thing about this is that if you'd actually put Billy Gunn's current photo up, it would be way more jacked than the younger photo. These people have all aged very gracefully, but Billy is indeed on the R-Truth scale, even in this crew!

I mean... this is a thing:

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/billy-gunn-fired-wwe-ped-failure-201626

He was fired from WWE in 2015 for using PED during a powerlifting competition.

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

I mean... this is a thing:

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/billy-gunn-fired-wwe-ped-failure-201626

He was fired from WWE in 2015 for using PED during a powerlifting competition.

I'm fully aware. I'm not trying to claim he's not on every substance known to mankind. I'm just saying it's working like a charm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1