DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOVEMBER 2022

The Natural

Last month I said AEW will be hoping for a quieter month after what happened after AEW All Out ended but that didn't happen. Third times the charm! AEW Full Gear is the last PPV of the year. Is AEW Full Gear the most consistent out of AEW PPV's? I think so. All Out's had a bad show (2020, I'd still say that's AEW's worst PPV) and a weak one (2022).

• Like 1

I remember a time when I had no idea what Stop the Matsunaga was and then Casey/Tromataker gave me all the info about it and it sounded like the coolest angle ever.

How a major US promotion hasn't done it yet is beyond me.

• Like 1

BTW, speaking of Moxley, I hope he hasn't fallen off the wagon. He's been looking chubbier/dad bod again. Then again, the dude said he was eating a pint of ice cream every night to put weight on because his metabolism is so high. Maybe cut back on the ice cream if he hasn't fallen off the wagon?

Either that or change to the gear he wears for NJPW and Bloodsport.

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

I remember a time when I had no idea what Stop the Matsunaga was and then Casey/Tromataker gave me all the info about it and it sounded like the coolest angle ever.

How a major US promotion hasn't done it yet is beyond me.

This, why have we not seen this repeated yet?

Worth mentioning a 2022 trend.

• HR issues stemming with communicating with Khan now that the roster has grown and they're not all on top of each other like they were during the pandemic (see: people like Swole, Janela). 
    • Khan promotes Buck, Schiavone, Daniels, Dutt, QT, hires Rayne as a coach.
  • Locker Room a disaster after All Out
    • Khan extends Jericho and Moxley and gives both more of an on-paper mentoring role
  • Live gates down, touring hitting the same cities over and over again
    • Khan brings in Jarrett
  1. He's definitely behind on these issues and not acting until things blow up/become an issue.
  2. He's still reacting to them when they do happen and trying to solve things with personnel.
  3. He's pulling in wrestling people instead of business people, which is interesting and has pros and cons.
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Worth mentioning a 2022 trend.

• HR issues stemming with communicating with Khan now that the roster has grown and they're not all on top of each other like they were during the pandemic (see: people like Swole, Janela). 
    • Khan promotes Buck, Schiavone, Daniels, Dutt, QT, hires Rayne as a coach.
  • Locker Room a disaster after All Out
    • Khan extends Jericho and Moxley and gives both more of an on-paper mentoring role
  • Live gates down, touring hitting the same cities over and over again
    • Khan brings in Jarrett
  1. He's definitely behind on these issues and not acting until things blow up/become an issue.
  2. He's still reacting to them when they do happen and trying to solve things with personnel.
  3. He's pulling in wrestling people instead of business people, which is interesting and has pros and cons.

In terms of a multi-milion dollar business owner, he's slow to move. In terms of a wrestling promoter, he's damn near lightning fast.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Aw man. I may have to go to that. My little guy will be disappointed he won't get to go, but no way is he going to wrestling an hour away that'll go until midnight on a school night.

I'm not sure if it's just a Louisville thing, or if it's the Kentucky commission, but they are notoriously tough on blood. WWE didn't run in the state for a while because of it. Blading is a HUGE no, but even with accidental blood, I believe the match has to be stopped completely.

Maybe just don't schedule Mox that night?

• Like 1

By the by, they ever say how long Andrade was suspended for? Keep seeing listz(!) of all the guys not getting TV time and it stuns me seeing Andrade on there at 1st, thinking he's supposed to be suspended for the Sammy thing

But then I go, wait, how long ago was the fight and just how long is the suspension if he's not yet popped up on any shows?