DVDVR Message Board

November 2022 Wrestling Pics and GIFs

17 minutes ago, JLowe said:

That's Wendell Pierce

I can't even declare racial blindness because I'm black, SMH. 

(I did know that, for real, but wrote Isiah Whitlock Jr. because I'm braindead at this point after the past few work weeks.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Log said:

I'd love to just see one cage match that's just the two competitors beating the ever-loving crap out of each other in a cage.

That's honestly why I ended up loving The Last Battle of Atlanta when it finally popped up after so many years of mythologizing based on the magazine coverage of the era and that "no footage exists" was the mantra for so long. There were some that felt let down after building up what the match was in their heads all those years, but I loved that the entire match is Tommy Rich and Buzz Sawyer simply punching and kicking at each other and ramming each other into the cage to draw blood, with the fanciest move of the entire match being a rock-solid piledriver.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AxB said:

Wouldn’t it be great if Leather Strap matches ended with one wrestler bloody, exhausted and destroyed as their opponent easily dragged them around the ring slapping turnbuckles? But no, every time it has to “Ha ha I followed you and you didn’t notice!”

That was the original point of the match. All about beating your opponent into an insensate bloody mess, then dragging his carcass around the ring to win. They could fix the match by requiring four consecutive turnbuckle touches, but they'd rather kill match stips in the name of "protecting the loser."

Re "escape" cages, ROH had one with Colt Cabana vs Austin Aries that actually did the stip justice.

Spoiler

The finish had Colt about to climb out and win the title, only for Aries to do a tope con hilo to nowhere through the door and hit the ground first to retain. He sacrificed his body to keep the title.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Cowardly heels trying to escape over the top or through the door in a rush make sense. Really, the house rule should be that babyfaces and monster heels should never do that and should only win by walking calmly out of the door, but cowardly heels should absolutely try to use the escape rules to their advantage. 

Hemlsely starts his cage match against Mankind with a dead sprint to the door

• Like 3

I fucking love Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena at SummerSlam 2013. A ***** match. That's how you debut what will become a finisher putting the biggest name on the roster down clean as a sheet to win the WWE Championship. I was watching live, 01:00-04:00am and couldn't believe it.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Daniel Bryan turning on the Wyatt Family in one of the biggest pops in wrestling history. The crowd was dead till then.

Surreal seeing my guy since 2005, Bryan Danielson win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania XXX with Vince McMahon having to give in to the overwhelming support of the Yes Movement!

Edited by The Natural

12 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Also, guessing that acknowledging your real name wasn’t technically a breach of kayfabe?

It was common knowledge in the Dallas area that Fritz Von Erich was actually former SMU star football player, prominent local business man, and church goer Jack Adkisson. I think he had some bs story about his mothers maiden name was Von Erich or something like that, no one really cared since 99.5% of the audience over the age of 9 knew it was a show. 

• Like 3