DVDVR Message Board

November 2022 Wrestling Discussion

On 11/23/2022 at 4:00 PM, notoriusvig said:

I know it's a couple pages back but what's the problem with Ethan Page and Penta? I could see maybe thinking Lethal is boring but those two are pretty good, IMO. Personally, I doubt we'll see Jarrett again anytime soon (watch, as soon as 8PM hits tonight, he's chasing Leon Ruffin with a guitar).

I popped when Jarrett appeared because of this post!

FiWPMQOXoAEUpJB?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

yeah, not making excuses for Teddy, but his brother dying suddenly, and also having a bunch of uncles die (along with all the other family drama), makes things worse for him. 

anyways, stuff like Samantha being arrested for trespassing because you went to the emergency room and refused to leave is one reminder of how shitty the law can be to poor/homeless people.

If she was calling her sister in Canada from the Polk County jail, then either she was leaving with someone that she didn't have to call, or the whole "one call only" thing isn't necessarily true? (I think that her sister thought the call was from the jail based off of the recording when she called back)

I'm pretty sure the one phone call thing is based of some 50's TV show

6 hours ago, zendragon said:

I'm pretty sure the one phone call thing is based of some 50's TV show

While I’m not ruling out the possibility of some jails basing various policies off of 1950s TV shows, it’s possible that someone could make another phone call from the jail on her way out of the place.

Also if any place is gonna have payphones in the lobby, it’s probably a Florida jail.

• Like 1

I watched the Teddy Hart doc and...

Spoiler

He's very clearly a piece of shit, but I don't think he had anything to do with the disappearance. I'm not sure why I feel this way but it seems pretty likely to me she ended up abducted upon release from prison. I just got this strong sense from the last selfie they showed of her in the back of a strip club. She got mixed up with bad people in a bad place and it's entirely possible she is still alive and living a horrible existence in some sort of Eastern European slave trade situation. The dying her hair. The trying to get an ID. It's like she was desperately trying to find a way to get away from something. Could be way off but that's where my mind went. And I hope I am because that is fucking sad to think about.

Teddy is so defensive because he knows his actions caused this to happened to her. He took her car and passport and she was stranded. He didn't kill her, but he prevented her from getting away to safety. He's 100% culpable for causing her disappearance or demise. I think he knows that and that's why he's so squirrely about it. Have to compartmentalize it and not allow himself to see that he's the bad guy in this situation regardless if he did or didn't kill her.

The Team Vision Dojo is seedy as hell and def doesn't deserve a pass for all the gross and shady stuff they do. But I don't think they had anything to do with this situation either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:
Spoiler

The trying to get an ID. It's like she was desperately trying to find a way to get away from something

well, she was a Canadian in Florida without a passport because Teddy Hart took her passport to Texas

disappearing 6 years without a trace is better known as "died sometime six years ago" which in this case is probably a murder that slipped through the cracks of all the insanity that can happen in Florida.

On 11/25/2022 at 2:36 AM, DreamBroken said:

I popped when Jarrett appeared because of this post!

FiWPMQOXoAEUpJB?format=jpg&name=small

I still kinda get a kick out of the idea of Jarrett just randomly chasing and terrorizing assistants with his guitar. I haven't found him all that unentertaining since coming back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Disco was a memorable lower-midcard stooge, so Cody's tweet continues to be wrong, no matter what an IRL good Gilbertti is.

Roadie is the guy that Cody tweet really fits, IMO.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, notoriusvig said:

I still kinda get a kick out of the idea of Jarrett just randomly chasing and terrorizing assistants with his guitar. I haven't found him all that unentertaining since coming back.

with Jerry Lee dead, it's time for Jeff Jarrett to start stealing the non-child-marrying parts of Jerry Lee Lewis' gimmick. What's JLL gonna do about it? haunt Jeff Jarrett?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Disco was a memorable lower-midcard stooge, so Cody's tweet continues to be wrong, no matter what an IRL good Gilbertti is.

This is true. I have no idea what Gilbertti is like in real life, but Disco Inferno was a fun character and not just any performer could have pulled it off.

I can't agree with this, though. While their schtick got old pretty quickly for me personally, the New Age Outlaws were massively over and I'd even argue they were a second-tier draw.

14 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

I can't agree with this, though. While their schtick got old pretty quickly for me personally, the New Age Outlaws were massively over and I'd even argue they were a second-tier draw.

not a hot take, @tbarrie. Road Dogg's character was super over and FAR overachieved his in-ring abilities. he was decent/passable/ok in the ring, but was absolutely one of the "B" stars of the Attitude era. every other role he had (Brain Armstrong in '94 WCW? the Roadie in '95 WWF? Brian G. James in '03 TNA? Voodoo Kin Mafia in '05 TNA?) all garbage. He actually is the epitome of what he is railing against. He could not overcome a bad gimmick, but his mic skills carried the one that had even the smallest chance to succeed.