DVDVR Message Board

November 2022 Wrestling Discussion

I very rarely watch any weekly TVs from either but I very rarely have missed or not watched a WWE PPV since I got the WWE network in April 2014. I even still watch the NXT TakeOvers. The wrestling is always solid for the most part for the PPVs so I don't really complain. AEWs booking is alot more long term and that is refreshing compared to Vince and him Changing directions at a moments notice or giving up on people easily or 50/50 booking for the past 15 - 20 years. On top of the fact that Vince is got very stubborn in the fact and he was going to force the people to like his one top guy the he actually wasn't fickle on booking. Tony has done well booking wise , but the downside of long-term booking is you can't control injuries or people fighting to the point where they can't do business. I know people don't like the interim concept but that was his idea of having to keep his championship history strong without having to take the title off the person before he actually had to.

Didnt Hunter talk about his long-term booking approach on the last investor call recently? Based on what I what I see on social media and being on this board , I'm in tuned with what's going on and I do notice some good changes under this new regime. Their is still alot of Vinces booking patterns that harder critics still find difficult to get past. I like how he's handed Austin Theory in the past too week or getting rid of the 24/7 title. 

I think both companies need more time to let this develop in AEWs case with Punk effected what should been for Full Gear and WWE I felt like people won't really get to fully assess Hunter as the Booker until after Mania.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

This is probably where they got the ticket from. Usually they are pretty accurate.

So you were 100% spot on regarding it being a 95% sellout but a little off on ticket sales. 

Then they badly fudge the numbers for other events. I’ve been to Penguins (the minor league ones obviously) games where they claim close to 9,000. That’s why I was mistaken. So I’ll own that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Octopus said:

Am I the only one who like Penta’s taunts?

I think it's great as the crowd reacts EVERY time. Like if he did the Cero Miedo thing 5-6 times and the crowd popped once, then tailed off, it woud be one thing, but theyre into it, every time.

I will say it was a little jarring to see this Penta doing the taunts when he first got to Impact! after he'd been evil Penta in Lucha Underground but I got used to it and might like him as constantly-taunting dark Mysterio even better than arm-breaking evil Penta.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LF2 said:

Then they badly fudge the numbers for other events. I’ve been to Penguins (the minor league ones obviously) games where they claim close to 9,000. That’s why I was mistaken. So I’ll own that. 

well A hockey game isn't going to have a stage taking up a huge number of seats

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, zendragon said:

well A hockey game isn't going to have a stage taking up a huge number of seats

I agree with that, but the rink itself will eliminate where WWE puts floor seats, and at least part of where the stage is. There’s no way they’re getting 3,000 more fans just by ditching the ring and stage. 

Plus this was back when Marc-Andre Fleury was there. He wasn’t the most popular goalie they’ve ever had. The one game I attended he got booed out of the arena for giving up four goals in less than two periods. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

A rare disagreement with you, friend.

I want to do this to Penta:

R.5ebc657baff0462c57c7b9b9f2ce271c?rik=3

Did you fall into the vat of potion when you were a baby, Natural?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2