DVDVR Message Board

November 2022 Wrestling Discussion

Oh man. I blinked fot a second and saw this weird scenario where Sasha ends the streak and wins the AEW TBS Championship and the entire reigns is carried by a "The Banks Statement" pun. All other TBS Champions must play into the acronym. Abadon being nicknamed "The Big Spooky". Toni By-Gawd Storm. Matt Riddle in drag as "Thunder Bro-Sa". I can see for miles.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, LF2 said:

Honestly I’m not sure which of these names Sasha Banks has trademarked I like least:

Mercedes Mone’ (Sounds like a bad painter gimmick)

Mone’ Talks (Assuming for a talk show gimmick, but still not a fan)

Bank Mone’ (Seriously at least rename your finisher. Don’t try to get cute with something WWE invented)

The only one I actually like is Statement Maker, and I’m a bit surprised nobody else had thought of or trademarked that before.

Big Bucks McBoobooface

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Oh man. I blinked fot a second and saw this weird scenario where Sasha ends the streak and wins the AEW TBS Championship and the entire reigns is carried by a "The Banks Statement" pun. All other TBS Champions must play into the acronym. Abadon being nicknamed "The Big Spooky". Toni By-Gawd Storm. Matt Riddle in drag as "Thunder Bro-Sa". I can see for miles.

As much as I enjoy Sasha I would HATE if she's the one to end the streak. It needs to an AEW talent.

If Statlander can get back in time for the 50th match I think that would be perfect. Build it up for weeks with Triple H "I have been rebuilt" style montages. Jade cutting promos about how she put her on the shelf for a year, next time she'll put her out for good. Baddies barred from ringside - Maybe do it in a cage?

I think it would be awesome.

Either that or you have her slip on a banana peel on a random ep of Dynamite vs Skye Blue or Yuka Sakazaki something.

• Like 3

I had no clue Akiyama wasn't apart a NOAH, as closely as I've followed New Japan off and on the past decade I didn't know he was a DDT guy. I just found out Timothy Thatcher was in NOAH. Anyways I'll try to tune into Rampage to see him in AEW since I haven't seen Akiyama wrestle in years. Do TK have a working relationship with New Japan, NOAH and DDT?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Infinit said:

What about Austin and Rock vs Roman and The Usos? Lol

I don't hate this.

Bonus points if it ends up a 6 man with Owens on team Rock/Austin after last year, not because he loves Austin and Rock, but because Jey kept picking on his friend

What happens to the belts though? I assume the Usos and Roman have dropped the titles at this point?

I'd love Sami to be the one to dethrone Roman between now and Mania. Cody wins the Rumble and we get super face v super face at Mania.

Not sure who takes the tag belts though. New Day are sparking things up again, the Brutes are there abouts... Split them again and get a set on Judgement Day somehow?

Have to give WWE credit, there's a lot of intrigue around the top of the card and most of the title scenes heading into the new year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

I had no clue Akiyama wasn't apart a NOAH, as closely as I've followed New Japan off and on the past decade I didn't know he was a DDT guy. I just found out Timothy Thatcher was in NOAH. Anyways I'll try to tune into Rampage to see him in AEW since I haven't seen Akiyama wrestle in years. Do TK have a working relationship with New Japan, NOAH and DDT?

Here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jun_Akiyama It omits the parts where he stopped being in charge of AJP (Jan 2020). And other stuff.

Japanese wiki info

https://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/秋山準

If you have Rock for WrestleMania then Reigns should beat him.  Cody can win MITB and announce he's cashing in at a future MSG show.

If you don't have Rock then I'd go Breakker over Reigns.  I don't trust Cody Rhodes to not talk himself under between the Rumble and WrestleMania.  Breakker just barks and you can bring in Scott Steiner to call Heyman a fatass and the rest of the Bloodline: Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dumb, Tweedle Dumber, and Honorary Tweedle Dumbass.

They should probably start that push now though.  I would've gone Bloodline vs. a hoss super team of McIntyre, Sheamus, Lashley, Breakker, and Goldberg for War Games.  Goldberg in last, spears an Uso, spears another Uso, Reigns spears Goldberg, Breakker spears Reigns, Zayn and Jey cut him off and Sami messes up and hits Jey with a nightstick (or some kind of tribal roodypoo stick [Ucey Staff] they can bring back later for the big split) and Breakker submits Jey.  Reigns gets a notch in the loss column for the first time in a couple of years and blames Jey.

Sami and Sikoa go to NXT and cost Breakker the NXT Title to Theory, I guess.  Reigns praises Sami and tells Jey to step up.  Jey declares for the Rumble.

Jey number 1, Rollins 2.  Cody like 7 and eliminates Rollins and himself and they brawl to the back.  Parade of hosses enter: Mahal, Holland, Moss, Shanky, Festus, Omos, whoever they got in the hossweight category.  Breakker enters and starts shitcanning those big guys left and right.  Strowman in at 30.  Final four of Strowman, Sami, Jey, and Breakker.  Sami screws up again and hits Jey, maybe not accidentally this time.  Breakker eliminates Jey, Strowman tosses Sami.  Breakker hosses Strowman over to win.

WM night 1 opens with Sikoa winning the Andre Battle Royal and closes with Austin beating Sami with a giant mouse trap.  Night 2 opens with Usos successfully defending the tag title and closes with Brekker beating Reigns for the title.

Bloodline split begins with Reigns MIA, Jey snaps and beats Sami down with the stick.  Eventually Reigns returns to help Sami and they beat the Usos for the tag titles.

• Like 6

On 11/2/2022 at 4:43 PM, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

He could just run every angle from Memphis again except in a modern setting. He could bring in the other Paul brother or some other internet influencer lame to run the Intergender Wrestling Champion angle. Get 'em singing I'm the king, I'm the king/I'm the king of Memphis, Tennessee Chicago, Illinois/I knocked CM Punk last out week/I'll knock him out again

He just needs his own Bill Dundee...hey, is Colt Cabana free anytime soon? 

JAMIE DUNDEE!

Picture if you will, suburban Chicago, a Wednesday night in February, STRAIGHT EDGE PRO presents BEACH BASH.  No chairs, the fans are sitting on the floor crisscross apple saucing it up.  No alcohol sales, only ice cream.

It's time for the main event, EVERYBODY HERE COMES TOO COLD SCORPIO .  "Whoomp there it is!  Whoomp there it is!"  "Get off the desk, Rob Naylor!"  "This is my jam, Dave Prazak!"  "Hey, Too Cold's coming over here."

"Y'all crackers is crazy, man.  Beach Bash in February.  I had to park eight blocks away and take an Uber uphill in the snow to get here.  You know what I'm bout to do, little man?"  "You gonna step, Too Cold?"  "That's right, I'm bout to step my black-ass somewhere warm. Deuces."  "Everybody there goes Too Cold Scorpio and here comes his scheduled opponent, CM Punk along with Ace Steel."

"Too Cold's not too cold.  He's just mad that I wouldn't let him warm up by smoking the devil's lettuce.  Oh, you people like the marijuana don't you?  I bet you do cause I know you like the alcohol too cause I've been hearing the complaints all night about there not being any beer for sale.  I got you ice cream.  Delicious and affordably priced $12 ice cream bars.  I don't smoke, I don't drink, and I don't do drugs cause I'm straight edge and that means I'm better than you."

"Uh-oh, we got a guy in an orange prison jumpsuit jumping the rail!"  "Is that Nailz?  He looks terrible."  "No, worse.  It's Jamie Dundee, maaan."

"I heard some shit was going down in Chicago so I had to leave lockup to check it out and all I see is an ice cream social happening.  Let me get this straight, you don't smoke, don't drink, don't do no drugs?  Good.  More for me, motherfucker, ahahahaha!"

"Ace Steel's baring his teeth and taking off after Jamie Dundee, around and around the ring they go, Dundee just rolled under the ring, Ace is following him, Jamie's on the other side and he's got some cables and he's leashed Ace Steel.  He's choking him out and...look in the ring!  From behind Wolfie D just hit Punk in the head with a  hubcap."

"The Cyberpunks are the only punks that ever mattered in rasslin', you punk bitch!"  "P to the G plus the 1 and the 3, I'm JC Ice and he's Wolfie D and PG-13 is back and can't nobody stop us!"

"Look who's coming out, it's Chris Hero and we're desperately out of time.  We'll see you next month for Straight Edge Pro 2: The Battle For Some Belts."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

What about Austin and Rock vs Roman and The Usos? Lol

As self conscious as Austin is , I could see Austin thinking he and Rock wouldn't be able to keep up with the pace of the Usos because they go 1000 miles an hour and he probably thinks he needs another person like Sami that can work at their pace. 

• Like 1

Ric Flair in the WWF didn't end with Ric Flair having his career ended, so it has that going for it.

Bret Hart in WCW really didn't get rolling until the last few months before Starrcade 99. For as shitty as Vince Russo is, Bret was used better during the first Russo stint than before that (aside from the career ending concussion).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Who had the better run, Ric Flair in WWF or Bret Hart in WCW?

Flair in WWF by miles and miles. The first 6 months trumps Brets whole WCW run. Flairs WWF run didn't meet our expectations and he didn't get to be the Nature Boy but at least he came in as a big deal and he had the greatest Rumble performance and even though  he didn't Main Event with Hulk, his Match with Savage was memorable and the Angle was okay too, good enough to continue it years later in 95 in WCW where the did good business 

6 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

This is going to sound like me being an AEW homer but the only two guys I really want to see wrestle Steve Austin are both currently there: Mox and Danielson - Mox could get a badass yet relatively safe brawl out of him, and Danielson has such an awesome IQ in there, I think he could work around basically anyone's limitations.

I have serious concerns that Danielson has consciously decided to never not go all out any more so he'd actually be one of the wrestlers I'd least want to see in there with someone like Austin. It feels like a match that ends badly for one of them.

6 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Dusty in WWF had a better run than Bret in WCW.

The only NWA/WCW person who arguably didn't have a better run and should have been a star in WWF is Barry Windham in multiple tries. 

Blackjack Windham in 1997 looks like he ate 1987 Barry Windham. Kendall was his appetizer. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Dusty in WWF had a better run than Bret in WCW.

Stings WWE run was as bad as Brets WCW run I'd say it's the closest comparisons for the level of stars. Both ended each person's career and both a political hit.

Edited by Ziggy
  • Like 1