DVDVR Message Board

November 2022 Wrestling Discussion

50 minutes ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Honky Tonk Man comes out on Raw after Mania. Goads Roman into an impromptu match. Jimmy Hart guitar shot. Shake Rattle and Roll baby. 1-2-no he didn't. Helluva Kick by Peggy Suami Zayn. Another Shake Rattle and Roll. New champ.

The locker room empties. The rest of three hour Raw is them singing and dancing along to I'm Just A Honky Tonk Man. DDP drives the Cadillac out of the arena again.

Honky loses another Vote of Confidence the week after and vacates the title. They redo Deadly Game again.

remember when @BEN! used to have those awesome fantasy booking moments with the Hobo Army? This idea is like the opposite of that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Terrible idea: They rip-off the Wrestlemania 2000's IC/Euro match stips; it's Reigns vs. Cody vs. Sammy in a 2 Falls Triple Threat match with the first fall deciding one title and the second fall deciding the other title. Sammy pins Cody in the first fall; Cody pins Sammy in the second fall. Reigns loses both titles without dropping a fall as Corey Graves screams about the injustice.

• Like 1

The damn (moderndayequivalentofa) booker of the major fed teasing the recipient of the fed's main title belt change and it being reported on social media is exactly what turns my stomach about pro wrestling today. This does not make the product more compelling or sell (moderndayequivalentof) tickets. Just because everyone ignores kay fabe does not mean it is dead. Try it a little - it might improve the "product". Lou Thesz can spin in his grave and I don't care, but this shite would make the corpse of Buddy Rodgers weep zombie tears. Feh.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, twiztor said:

remember when @BEN! used to have those awesome fantasy booking moments with the Hobo Army? This idea is like the opposite of that.

Whatever. You marks woulda loved @GuerrillaMonsoon's post if Bunkhouse Buck showed up and hit someone with a cowbell in it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Does Bryan Danielson's earlier ROH work hold up?

Asking in light of earlier elitist dickhole taking exception to only listing WWE work.

I stopped watching ROH in 2004. The early shows don't age well, it's pretentious grabdick where the psychology is all off because everyone knows they're going long so they're just going to really lean into holds forever. If I'm damning it with faint praise, Daniels does a remarkable job of holding it all together on the opening show and Low-Ki's biggest spots show he should have been a bigger deal than he was, had he been so much easier to work with. 

The stuff with the other TWA students doesn't age well for the reasons that Kendrick, London and Shane never really made it. There's no story told. It's just movez on movez.

As much as I feel like I'd really like the Homicide program, and I downloaded it years ago with a view to watch it, I'm in no real hurry to make good on it, kinda feel bad in a way that his style is likely to lead him becoming another Benoit/DK.

I feel like Joe's dominant face run ages well if I watch it again. We don't really talk about that much. I remember it being a huge deal when Aries beat him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Whatever. You marks woulda loved @GuerrillaMonsoon's post if Bunkhouse Buck showed up and hit someone with a cowbell in it. 

Honky Tonk Man appears as a face-painted alter-ego named The Graceland Honk, spits a mist of chewed-up peanut butter and bananas, and debuts a running version of his finisher “Shining Rattle and Roll”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

Honky Tonk Man appears as a face-painted alter-ego named The Graceland Honk, spits a mist of chewed-up peanut butter and bananas, and debuts a running version of his finisher “Shining Rattle and Roll”.

If only Gary Hart were still alive to confront the protege of his out of control brother.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 1:31 PM, Octopus said:

YOUR FAVORITE MATCH WITH THESE 50 RANDOM WRESTLERS?

Bryan Danielson/ Daniel Bryan v. Hangman going 1hr

Seth Rollins / Tyler Black something from WSX

Roaddog does he have to be in it Rock v Mankind with all the interference 

Fit Finlay hard to remember individual matches cause he usually worked down the card a bit but something v booker t or benoit in 97 WCW or Matt Hardy in 07

Sasha Banks v Bailey Hell in the Cell

Ricky Morton

The Miz something from his early SD! run

Jack Evans something from LU

Takeshi Morishima I've only seen him v AmDrag

Big Show / The Giant / Paul White Always get a chuckle when he and Kane went all scientific 

El Dandy some lucha 8 man from a random nitro

Vader one of the Catcus matches 

Sting v Catus 

Mick Foley / Mankind / Cactus Jack / Dude Love street fight vs HHH

William Regal hard because he's had so few really high profile matches, if he hadn't been so self destructive he'd be viewed as an all time great. I remember the time he got stretched out against HHH on Raw, The "Man's Man" trolling against AMDrag, or the match he had against Benoit on velocity or that indy show.

Kenny Omega v The Rainmaker in 2017

D’Lo Brown v Val Venis at summerslam or maybe something against Xpac for the European title

The Rock

Eddie Guerrero v Rey Mysterio Jr

Trish Stratus Street fight v Victoria or Raw main event V Lita

Darby Allin v Brian Cage

John Cena I quit v Umaga

Paul London his whole tag run on SD! with Kendrick 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, colonial said:

I've read in two places that he's playing cousin Lance, which is pretty epic.  I was hoping for Brian Adi(d)as but this exceeds expectations.