DVDVR Message Board

November 2022 Wrestling Discussion

9 hours ago, Octopus said:

YOUR FAVORITE MATCH WITH THESE 50 RANDOM WRESTLERS?

Bryan Danielson/ Daniel Bryan - vs. Triple H at Mania 30, vs. Lesnar at Survivor Series 2018, TLC 2012

Seth Rollins / Tyler Black - vs. Triple H at Mania 33, that Raw gauntlet match where he wrestled for about an hour against various guys, Survivor Series 2014, the Evolution six man elimination, Wyatts six man

Roaddog - Tables Match vs Dudleys at Judgement Day 2000, Hardcore Title vs the Bossman somewhere on RAW in 98/99?, vs Foley at Summerslam 98

Sasha Banks - vs Bayley - Ironwoman Match, vs Rousey at the Rumble,

The Miz - vs Dolph Ziggler 2/3 falls IC title Smackdown 2016

Big Show / The Giant / Paul White - Rumble 03 doesn't get enough praise. Show bumps like a fucking madman for Lesnar.

Vader - vs Undertaker at Canadian Stampede

Sting - WarGames 92, Fall Brawl 94 - Triangle Elimination Match with Vader and Boss Man...surprisingly difficult.

Mick Foley / Mankind / Cactus Jack / Dude Love - Mind Games vs Shawn, Rumble 2000 Street Fight, vs Orton Backlash 04 

Kenny Omega - vs. Sonny Kiss

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

Joe has got some fire face to face promos that just draw you into immediate hype mode, me at least

Joe Kurt Angle

Joe Brock

Joe cutting that scathing promo on Jeff Hardy and everyone else waiting around in the ring to challenge for a belt

Are the first three off the top.of my head

What is great is that you can tell even Brock was impressed with Joe there as he was trying not to smirk towards the end.

• Like 1

I'd go with Cody Rhodes then Sami Zayn. If Zayn's momentum keeps growing though, will WWE have to go with him like Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania XXX? Vince McMahon was sure reluctant to. The fans would have shit all over Randy Orton vs. Batista as originally that was the main event there.

Edited by The Natural

It will be Cody or Sami. It should be Sami due to his growing momentum, but winning the world title was almost certainly part of Cody's deal when he signed on. Its more a question of whether ot not Cody is willing to wait out and let someone like Sami go first.

55 minutes ago, Red King said:

They have several other choices, Austin Theory, Matt Riddle, Bron Breakker. Strongly doubt Sami unless he wins the WWE title only.

They hinted before at Cody for WWE title, Austin Theory for Uni.

Theory is a terrible choice, and they realize it based on how he has been booked since even before Vince was gone. They like him but not for world/universal champ. They have already axed Riddle out of the equation. He will probably win it eventually just not from Roman without a lot of things going wrong. Bron's time is 2024. He is doing well in NXT, but will need time to build momentum with the main roster audience.

2 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

I still don’t think there’s an obvious choice that’s revealed themselves in an Austin/Cena/Bryan like fashion. Maybe it’s Cody, but I’m not convinced yet.

I don't think they are trying to crown the next Austin or Cena per say. They just want whoever wins to be popular enough with their current audience that they will be into the idea of them beating Roman.

• Like 1

I think Cody is the likely choice to win both belts. I don't see a scenario where Roman loses to both Cody and someone else and I sure as hell don't think that someone else is going to be Sami or Theory. Theory is dead in the water. He's probably a worse briefcase holder than Sandow. I could see them do something wacky and have Theory cash in against Bron though. 

The timeline is something to consider to. 

Is 'mania going to be Roman vs. Rock? Does that mean Rock dethrones him? If that's not the case, do you do it before or after? Do you take one belt off Roman before? A lot of moving parts here. It feel like Roman losing really should be at one of the major events though, Rhodes potentially winning at Mania feels a lot bigger than say... Backlash.

Personally, i would run the fall of Roman with him losing one belt to Cody. Sami &KO and the new day dethrone the Usos.  Roman has one belt leading up to facing the Rock.  Wins that, then gets cashed in on the next night to complete the pride goeth before the fall type energy.  Then he loses to jey finally before the reunite hart foundation 97 style but as a face faction.

I'd be willing to be money that the Rock won't wrestle Roman at WM. The most we'll get of the Rock at WM is the Rock coming out saying, "THE ROCK HAS COME BACK TO...SOFI STADIUM" or maybe setting another sign that says "The Rock" on fire.

• Like 3

Honky Tonk Man comes out on Raw after Mania. Goads Roman into an impromptu match. Jimmy Hart guitar shot. Shake Rattle and Roll baby. 1-2-no he didn't. Helluva Kick by Peggy Suami Zayn. Another Shake Rattle and Roll. New champ.

The locker room empties. The rest of three hour Raw is them singing and dancing along to I'm Just A Honky Tonk Man. DDP drives the Cadillac out of the arena again.

Honky loses another Vote of Confidence the week after and vacates the title. They redo Deadly Game again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4