DVDVR Message Board

November 2022 Wrestling Discussion

2 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Honestly, he could probably just keep running Chicago with himself on top and draw 5,000-10,000 every few months

Cut out the middleman and call it Straight Edge Pro or something

Dollar General Onita/FMW would make all the sense in the world.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Honestly, he could probably just keep running Chicago with himself on top and draw 5,000-10,000 every few months

Cut out the middleman and call it Straight Edge Pro or something

He could just run every angle from Memphis again except in a modern setting. He could bring in the other Paul brother or some other internet influencer lame to run the Intergender Wrestling Champion angle. Get 'em singing I'm the king, I'm the king/I'm the king of Memphis, Tennessee Chicago, Illinois/I knocked CM Punk last out week/I'll knock him out again

He just needs his own Bill Dundee...hey, is Colt Cabana free anytime soon? 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Control said:

Did Bam Bam Bigelow have a particularly good run or a great feud? Is there “must see” Bam Bam content?  

I feel he was an excellent base for guys like Sabu, RVD (I belive the RVD dive into the crowd at 30 seconds in is onto BBB) and Spike Dudley in ECW in addition to the mentioned Taz matches. His whole run their was fun kinda like he had a chip on his shoulder after dealing with the clique.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Control said:

Did Bam Bam Bigelow have a particularly good run or a great feud? Is there “must see” Bam Bam content?  

now that I think of it, it took Bigelow being in his 30s for him to start lasting longer than a few years in an American promotion.

Bigelow probably would have made a good living if he was 10 years older and started in a wrestling industry that didn't mind rotating guys out every 4-6 months.

Then again, it's possible he wouldn't have went into pro wrestling pre-80s boom since he initially decided to be a bounty hunter before being a wrestler.

Also, I think Bigelow was a beneficiary of the WWF moving away from obvious roid guys in 1992. Because whatever roids Bigelow did, he didn't look like he was on that stuff. Kinda unusual how the guy unable to enter Canada got a major promotion job because he was reliable in one way.

Just realized that Bam Bam Bigelow vs King Kong Bundy would have been one of the most South Jersey matchups ever done by a national promotion. A feud built on the premise that King Kong Bundy's Atlantic City took tourist business away from Bam Bam Bigelow's Asbury Park.

Also.. just realized that Bundy managed to leave the WWF before they held the two quietest Wrestlemanias ever in Bundy's wrestling hometown.

• Like 2

Bigelow had my attention after Survivor Series 87.  Stuck in a 3 on 1 against Bundy, OMG, and fucking ANDRE!!!

Yet he STILL managed to rally by putting down Bundy and Gang consecutively.  As Andre enters the ring you just know Bam Bam is in for a world of shit.  But he DID put two guys he probably shouldn’t have beat with that many guys across the ring.  He hangs with the Giant just long enough to get some extra cred (as he’d already kind of overachieved) but get still got beat.  

Then POOF it was gone.

I’ve also seen some of those house show tag matches with Hogan.  They had something for sure.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, madl said:

I feel like Moxley should have dibs on this gimmick.  

I don't think Moxley would have interest in running his own promotion. I feel like Punk would have better chance of galvanizing money marks for a vanity project. I know MLW just hired him, but Gary Juster would work as a regional promoter in the Chicago area.

4 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I don't think Moxley would have interest in running his own promotion. I feel like Punk would have better chance of galvanizing money marks for a vanity project. I know MLW just hired him, but Gary Juster would work as a regional promoter in the Chicago area.

Moxley would most likely get involved with Pro Wrestling REVOLVER if he ever got into his own promoting I imagine since Sami Callihan runs it

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Brandon Bones said:

Bigelow had my attention after Survivor Series 87.  Stuck in a 3 on 1 against Bundy, OMG, and fucking ANDRE!!!

Yet he STILL managed to rally by putting down Bundy and Gang consecutively.  As Andre enters the ring you just know Bam Bam is in for a world of shit.  But he DID put two guys he probably shouldn’t have beat with that many guys across the ring.  He hangs with the Giant just long enough to get some extra cred (as he’d already kind of overachieved) but get still got beat.  

Then POOF it was gone.

I’ve also seen some of those house show tag matches with Hogan.  They had something for sure.

I will say this until I am blue in the face. Bam Bam should have won the first Royal Rumble.  He would have been a credible winner and it would have done him wonders coming off of the big Survivor Series performance. 

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Brandon Bones said:

Then POOF it was gone.

probably not a coincidence that Bigelow was gone from the WWF after he got roughed up by Andre the Giant at MSG in June 1988? A certain amount of Bigelow's story in the late 80s involved him burning bridges (like how he 'charmed' Ric Flair in 1988 in the NWA)

• Like 1

I love how GCW added their entire backlog to Fite+ and will air live shows there as well. $50 a yr or $5 a month is a no brainer. What irks me though is the fact that AIW announced they would be doing the same and still haven't uploaded their backlog where as GCW already has.  IWTV was big for me as I loved the old AIW content. Seeing my local promotion whenever I wanted always appealed to me. Oh well, take my $50 Fite

• Like 3

4 hours ago, zendragon said:

I feel he was an excellent base for guys like Sabu, RVD (I belive the RVD dive into the crowd at 30 seconds in is onto BBB) and Spike Dudley in ECW in addition to the mentioned Taz matches. His whole run their was fun kinda like he had a chip on his shoulder after dealing with the clique.

I liked his run in the triad with DDP and Kanyon. I didn't see alot of  his ECW run till later but that WCW run was good as far as workrate

• Like 2

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Renee seems too smart to waste money like that. 

It is never too late to get involved with the most popular form of Ponzi scheme known as pro wrestling promotion.

26 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It is never too late to get involved with the most popular form of Ponzi scheme known as pro wrestling promotion.

An Bill Watts went from wrestling to multi level marketing of vitamins, iirc. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2