DVDVR Message Board

November 2022 Wrestling Discussion

There's always a choice not to go, which is why people like Danielson and Owens never went IIRC.

But it won't change the fact that the show is going to happen. Houthi rebels bombed an oil depot a couple of miles from the F1 Grand Prix a few months ago and it still went on as scheduled.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Control said:

Did Bam Bam Bigelow have a particularly good run or a great feud? Is there “must see” Bam Bam content?  

He had that memorable match with Taz in ECW.

Also he deserves a lot of credit for getting a decent match out of Lawrence Taylor at Wrestlemania.

Also anytime he went against Bret Hart was a good match.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is there anything Bigelow did during his '88-'89 NWA run worth watching? I watched through as much of the TV as was out there a few years back and don't remember anything, but maybe there's something I missed. 

I think he was there for part of 1990, too, but I don't remember anything about it. 

1 hour ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Is there anything Bigelow did during his '88-'89 NWA run worth watching? I watched through as much of the TV as was out there a few years back and don't remember anything, but maybe there's something I missed. 

I think he was there for part of 1990, too, but I don't remember anything about it. 

Isn't there a good match with Windham in there? Starrcade 88 maybe?

Is that match good or am I misremembering and it's actually disappointing?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This is as must see as it gets: 

Kevin Nash weaving stories is great. Don't care how much of this is fluff. I am truly entertained. 

If only Scott Hall could have remembered this incident while blitzed, he wouldn't have drunkenly racially slurred someone in a bar and almost got wiped for it. 

35 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Kevin Nash weaving stories is great. Don't care how much of this is fluff. I am truly entertained. 

Yeah, fiction can be just as entertaining as real life.

21 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

This thread is a pretty interesting summary of Kawada's ramen shop and his business philosophy.  Spoiler: Kawada is a real hard-ass.

"NO RAMEN FOR YOU!" (Grabs customer by the back of their head and kicks them repeatedly in the face)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It would be pretty surreal if Punk wrestled in WWE again especially with HHH in charge but at one point I never thought Vince would work with Bischoff so who knows. 
NJPW or maybe NOAH could be landing spots too if Punk was willing to travel that far. 
I don’t know where else he’d feel is at his level, maybe GCW? 

7 minutes ago, Sublime said:

It would be pretty surreal if Punk wrestled in WWE again especially with HHH in charge but at one point I never thought Vince would work with Bischoff so who knows. 
NJPW or maybe NOAH could be landing spots too if Punk was willing to travel that far. 
I don’t know where else he’d feel is at his level, maybe GCW? 

Honestly, he could probably just keep running Chicago with himself on top and draw 5,000-10,000 every few months

Cut out the middleman and call it Straight Edge Pro or something

• Like 5