DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE!- 11/2/2022!

DEAN

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Jeff Jarrett, Colt Cabana, Rick Ross, really big night for alliterative names in AEW.

I forgot one: Bill Barnwell also got a shout out from Excalibur.

And how wild is it that DVDVR's own Mookieghana gets a mention in the Jeff Jarrett is All  Elite tweet?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Casey said:

AEW signed Jeff Jarrett to the same executive position that he was apparently doing very well at in WWE. That’s it, AEW is done folks, pack it up.

No one here is saying this. I’m sure it’s completely coincidental but this is the second time I’ve made a negative post towards aew and you’ve been the first response saying “aew is done, pack it up”. Like, cornette or whoever is saying that but no one here is. I’m personally losing interest in aew after being one of the biggest supporters from before the Tokyo dome hotel video. You can look at the post history and see it. I’ve taken two flights to watch aew shows. I’m not seeing a time where I board another plane for aew. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, matt925 said:

No one here is saying this. I’m sure it’s completely coincidental but this is the second time I’ve made a negative post towards aew and you’ve been the first response saying “aew is done, pack it up”. Like, cornette or whoever is saying that but no one here is. I’m personally losing interest in aew after being one of the biggest supporters from before the Tokyo dome hotel video. You can look at the post history and see it. I’ve taken two flights to watch aew shows. I’m not seeing a time where I board another plane for aew. 

don’t flatter yourself, any time I make a post that includes “AEW is done for” it’s always in response to @TheVileOne’s doomsaying.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Do you ever get tired of doom and gloom AEW posts?

That was actually funny though lol. I think people confuse him with Dixie Carter, he gets a bad rap. He can be ATM Eric and TK can be Ted Turner 

10 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

You can ask Ligerbusa and Brodus Clay about that.

(hoping someone gets the reference)

Brodus Clay was The FunkaSAURUS, at least, Ligerbusa flew over the top of my head like whooosh, but maybe others are clued in?

12 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

That was actually funny though lol. I think people confuse him with Dixie Carter, he gets a bad rap. He can be ATM Eric and TK can be Ted Turner 

I honestly am not thinking of anything else other than Jiji chiming in to grab his stone tablet and declare the "end times" of AEW.   You can miss humor when you're smelling a dead horse.

4 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I honestly am not thinking of anything else other than Jiji chiming in to grab his stone tablet and declare the "end times" of AEW.   You can miss humor when you're smelling a dead horse.

Yeah,  man. AEW is totally killing it this year. (kissmyass)

I love Jeff Jarrett and think this is a very good move.

2 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

AEW Could reinvent the wheel and you'd still be saying "Well the roster is too bloated for the carriage to run"  

Right, you got me. That is definitely my main complaint. Who the fuck are you?

Meanwhile, they just sold 2400 tickets and put on a show with maybe one pretty good match at time when they should be fighting for their lives. Jericho and Moxley couldn't carry their jobbers of the week and Khan's troll job, while admirable, was a disaster in the ring.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2

AEW Could reinvent the wheel and you'd still be saying "Well the roster is too bloated for the carriage to run"  

Your only input into this is negativity.

I literally can't believe these are the takes being directed at @Jiji of all people. One of the biggest backers in this place of one of the founders and animating influences of this company. Their input is very far from just negativity, and wanting better shouldn't be received as such by default. 

• Like 2

There's been so much digital ink spilled about how Darby's cooled off over the past year or so. I think there's a few good avenues here this could go. Either he gets a good win over Jarrett to build some momentum back or would a heel turn be out of the question? Darby hasn't really done a lot since associating with Sting and.... it's in the rulebook, you have to turn on Sting at some point?

Colt was a great surprise for Jericho's opponent. Guess he's officially no longer Dark Order. Hopefully this means he's back in the rotation going forward too. 

Feels like the tag title scene is a little muddled right now. Feels like the match fans really want is FTR and Acclaimed and I get using Swerve as an interloper for it from a story standpoint but I feel like the worst case is gonna be a 4 way at Full Gear with the Gunns. 

Nothing against Marina or Jade (I think Jade's great) but Nyla and Vickie hijacking that match was the best possible thing that could happen there. 

So Julia Hart has gone from Cheerleader to Stevie Nicks cosplayer (Coven was the best season of American Horror Story) to.... literal witch/dark priestess? Really, really hoping they get the House of Black right this time. I love these little horror shorts they do from time to time and just wish they would lead to something substantial. Malakai did post a screen of him and Miro on his insta story recently so I'd love for that story to get a better conclusion than "Lol Sting Wins." 

• Like 3

I'm rarely negative about AEW but boy all the in ring action this go around was boring at best, drizzling at worst. 

That being said, Shibata and Jarrett reveals to me are good and I'm hyped for Hayter/Storm at Full Gear. Also while I felt that Daddy Ass celebration went on too long, I am happy that the fans loved it and Billy got his moment.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The Jeff Jarrett appearance was told to me in the Discord because I missed it and I thought it was a joke. Really? Why? Wasn't he working with WWE just a minute ago?

Cause he's made an iMPACT where ever he goes

brian-baumgartner-badumtss.gif

Also I would like to recap PACs new gimmick which appears to be....

Spoiler

Mc Hammer Stop Hammer Time GIF - Mc Hammer Stop Hammer Time ...

• Haha 3

These last 4 months of AEW seemed to be more about issues that have nothing to do with the in ring product.    You book Colt Cabana vs Chris Jericho partly to be extremely petty and partly to show the internet that "Punk was the bad guy all along".   I mean Colt was a 2 time tag champion and that is all.   Hell why not bring in Dan Maff, Tony Mamaluke, and Sal Rinauro then.     The match was good don't get me wrong but this match was made to make the dirt sheets and twitter cream themselves

If this is just a one time thing with Jarrett and he will just be an office guy then we are fine.  But knowing how smart Jeff and how easily  manipulative Tony Khan seems to be I have a bad feeling on that.   There is a reason why Jeff is considered the smartest man in wrestling

Tony needs to get his focus back.   

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Gorman said:

Ian Riccaboni went through the trouble of switching his World Series tickets after the rainout so he could attend Game 3 on Tuesday and announce Dynamite Wednesday, only to have Chris Jericho break his glasses.

At least he didn't have to deal with Game 4 tickets.  Although watching your team lose to a combined no hitter or having to deal with Jericho seems like a push to me

• Like 2