DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE!- 11/2/2022!

DEAN

51 minutes ago, porksweats said:

Not only is Jarrett signed, but he's got a title. I'm on board.

I would've thought he would've gotten a top executive position with Hunter in Charge. I think AEW needs a old school influence in the office that isn't active so good for TK. Jarrett without the Russo influence could bring positive creative influence

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Didnt Hunter fire Jeff and rehire Road Dogg for that job? 

He quit, and Road Dogg was re-hired to WWE after his online begging of AEW for a job didn’t work out.

Man, I need to watch this back to see how the crowd sounded.  Building is small with the one upper side largely empty.  But man when they reacted it at least live sounded pretty fucking great.  Oh, and since food is part of the road report It solely consisted of hot dogs and a handshake with a friend for good measure.  Oh, and some flavored Steel Reserve which while not nearly as horrible as the OG is still...fine...I think.  Other than that the drive to and from was uneventful.

As for the show there were some fun matches taped for Elevation but they honestly were background noise as I was chatting it up with friends.  I did have to laugh at myself as while I was waiting for beer I hear Kingston's music, go "Ah, fuck" and run back to my seat.  I just can't miss Eddie as I love him so fucking much.  Then after that I went for beer and watched the first match for Dynamite.  Darby was aces and Jay was good.  But as soon as I pay Jeff Jarrett is revealed and I just wonder "Why, why must you do this to me?!"  I don't hate Jarrett or anything but if there was ever a time to miss a match and a post-match it was a Lethal match with Jarrett running in.  No thank you.

Luckily as soon as I got to my seat the show that I actually cared about got rolling.  It was lots of fun and I had a hearty laugh out of Colt facing Jericho (SUCK IT, PUNK!  YEAH!)  The Acclaimed segment was the most Attitude-era segment I recall seeing live and I loved every bit of it.  It's so preposterous yet I loved the shit out of it all.  Overall it was rather enjoyable though I now wish Rampage was taped tonight so I could see Shibata/Orange.  Oh, well.

I almost forgot that I absolutely loved how The Firm killed time before two more Dark matches to end the night.  They're out there and Matt gives Stokely a TOF.  Good ol' Stoke played dead in the most glorious way and it was hilarious seeing Morrissey carry the poor sap up the ramp.  The guy really is a treasure.  Oh, and Stalander was out there after the Best Friends Dark match celebrating.  She seems in really good spirits and it's good to see her walking almost normal though who knows when she'll be fully healed.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Tony Khan must be pretty desperate right now to sign 55-year-old Jeff Jarrett and make him an executive.

Jeff Jarrett Director of Business Development because his business acumen worked so well for TNA and Global Force Wrestling.

I'm so glad we can have a never-ending streak of kabongs and Ric Flair-lite promos.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Tony Khan must be pretty desperate right now to sign 55-year-old Jeff Jarrett and make him an executive.

Jeff Jarrett Director of Business Development because his business acumen worked so well for TNA and Global Force Wrestling.

I'm so glad we can have a never-ending streak of kabongs and Ric Flair-lite promos.

Do you ever get tired of doom and gloom AEW posts?

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

I am looking forward to the Jason Lives era of House of Black. Like now with real supernatural powers and shit. 

The vignettes made it look like an update of the Blackharts gimmick that Gangrel/Tom Nash did with Luna in Abrams' UWF

If they start making random crow noises to communicate we'll know for sure

Edited by Dolphman 3000
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Fresno as the second dynamite in California is definitely a thing. Look for another max 3k attendance there. Company started 4 years ago and by the time they reach the number 5 market my interest will be at an all time low. There’s only about 60 contracted talent I’d prefer to see over Jeff Jarrett. 

2 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

He's got to put Effy over first in GCW

It'll happen

Anytime now...

I'd like to think TK is savvy enough to have shit written down before pen's put to paper.