DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE!- 11/2/2022!

DEAN

7 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Jarrett vs Sting???

what-year-is-it-robin-williams.gif

But earnestly excited for it. 

Dog turd of a show but I'm happy for Double J and the Shibata announcement straight into Rick Ross is the stuff of legends and made me not entirely regret watching. 

Darby/Lethal best match on the  show and it felt like it barely got out of second gear. 

Edited by Jiji

Darby Allin versus Jay Lethal to start it all off because FUCK IT!  Yer not gonna beat the World Series on Fox.   Allin has DDPed himself with the taped up ribs!  Satnam's shoes match Sanjay's suit.  I WONDER IF THAT WAS A PLAN?  Jesus Christ, Darby Allin is fucking awesome bumping to get over Lethal's offense.  HE takes a Northern Lights on the apron and continues to die for YOUR pleasure during picture in picture.  Lethal moves from the knee to the ribs with the abdominal stretch looking actually painful for the first time in 40 years in America.  Allin counters the King's Elbow and THEN the Lethal Injection!  Allin bounces off Satnam with his lunatic TOPE!  STING is COLE KARTER!  I'm confused.  Jeff Jarratt IS STING!  Jeff Jarratt IS Jim Cornette!  Oh I don't know.  Jon Moxley gives the greatest promo in the history of AEW.  BILLY ZOOM!  Lee Moriarty has a cool mask.  Moriarty applies the CRAVATE! Lee works the shoulder!  Lamarr Jackson disrupts the match!  Moriarty looks fucking GREAT in this.  MOX is so fucking good and he is making Lee Moriarty look like he is the next member of the Blackpool Combat Club.  This match is fucking GREAT!  Moriarty applies, beats on MOX, and then reapplies the Border City Stretch!  MOX rolls into a PINNING PREDICAMENT!  MOX finally gets Moriarty into a Jujigatami for the win! That was GREAT.  Postmatch, Ethan Page SEALS his move up the card!  THE GUNNS!  THE FIRM BEATS ON THE ACCLAIMED!  FTR HEATS UP THE EVENTUAL MATCH WITH THE ASS BOYS!  It's Chris Jericho!   Oh WHO WILL IT BE?!?!  RHETT TITUS! RHETT TITUS! RHETT TITUS!  IT'S (somehow) EVEN BETTER! IT'S COLT CABANA!  Ohhhh, Fuck you, CM Punk!  Awesome, Colt isn't fucking around!  I forgot that Cabana had great punches.  The JAS are awesome GARNERING ALL THE HEAT during the picture in picture!  THIS match is grreat!  Jake Hagar CHEATS to save Jericho!  COLT CABANA hits a FUCKING LUNATIC ASAI MOONSAULT ON GATCIA AND HAGAR!  Jericho hits a Code Red and gets the pin!  That was fucking GREAT!  POSTMATCH, JERICHO APPRECIATION SOCIETY VERSUS BLACKPOOL COMBAT CLUB!  Oh fuck yeah!  This is the most overachieving episode in months.  JANE!  Yes, this will rule since he isn't coming out to the lame-ass Best Friends music.  Will Rey Fenix CRUSH everybody of a hammer?  Will Luchasaurus stink up the match?  Cassidy goes COMPLETELY Lucha Libre in with Rey Fenix.  That was fun.  I REALLY wish this was a Cassidy/Rey Fenix singles match.  Luchasaurus ploddingly beats on the two Wrestling Machines while we are in picture in picture.  Fenix is chokeslammed through a table!  NEAR THE HAMMER!  JUNGLE BOY PUTS LUCHASAURUS THROUGH A TABLE!  Cassidy hits the Orange Punch and pins Fenix!  POSTMATCH!  WHAT THE FUCK?  SHIBATTA!?!?  SHIBATTA VERSUS ORANGE CASSIDY?!?!?  Fucking AWESOME.  Fucking REALLY weird but FUCKING AWESOME.  This episode is wild.  Nyla and Vickie make the Cargill/Shafir match waaay more fun than it should ever be.  They completely AAA the part where Keira Hogan tries to recover the belt.  Oh awesome!  Malakai Black is coming back!  AWESOME!  JAMIE HAYTER GETS THE BELT AT FULL GEAR!  We've been getting a steady diet of Brian Cage lately, which is perfectly fine.  Cage worship of Kris Kanyon is awesome.  Cage IS a FREAKISH ATHLETE.   That was a beautiful Standing Dropkick.  Great German Suplex by Cage on the ginormous Samoa Joe.  Prince Nana on my TV is awesome.  I love that Nana has a minor league version of the Embassy in Championship Wrestling From Hollywood which includes Invictus Khash- who regularly gets mauled on Dark.  JESUS!  INSANE TOPE CON HILO BY CAGE!  Samoa Joe hits a SWEET Powerslam!  Samoa Joe is giving Cage everything in this including a totally INSANE Pumphandle Slam Thingy!  This is a great Super Heavyweight match.  Joe finally chokes him out!  POSTMATCH!  HOBBS!  VERSUS WARDLOW!  That's going to be fucking great.  MAN!  AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD!  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I guess Sting wants to do one more singles match and they figure if Jarrett can carry a half dead Ric Flair he can sure as hell can make Sting look like a million bucks.

OC vs Shibata is reminding me of OC vs Ospreay in that I know the match will be good (and OC/Ospreay was the best match at Forbidden Door by a wide margin) but the back of my head is still saying "Why Orange Cassidy?"

I mean, obviously I want to see Danielson vs. Shibata, but I know that's a bad idea because, while they're both perfectly capable of putting on a five star match without hitting each other in the head, I know they'll be throwing shoot headbutts fifteen minutes in.

Edited by hobo joe
wrong word. Am dumb,
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

So PPV Six Man Tag maybe? Jarrett, Cole Karter, & Jay Lethal vs Sting, Darby and.... Danhausen? lol Just lean ALL THE WAY IN on being the weirdest place ever please and thank you.

Flair - he probably wants a mulligan after his poor showing a few months back

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Flair - he probably wants a mulligan after his poor showing a few months back

Or he saw Steamboat is working one last match and can't go out quite yet.

I really hope the Rock and Roll Express get factored into this somehow.

• Like 1

Adam Cole looks a lot like Colt Cabana these days.

Tony Khan trolling on Dynamite >>>> Tony Khan trolling on Twitter

As great as this show was, this episode of Young Sheldon might be even better. It starts with him trying to develop a unified field theory, getting upset, and having to take a break from science. I think we can all relate. He looks for the opposite of science to get away from it, and the school librarian tells him to try fantasy, to which Sheldon gets excited and says, "Oooh, that sounds intellectually bankrupt!" ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Definitely did not expect to see "The Last Outlaw" Jeff Jarrett become All Elite! Popped for hearing My World again. Thought there was a lot of excitement throughout this show. 

Equally blown away by Orange vs. Shibata! Never would've expected that but is a perfect fit for the "dream match" advertisement. 

Daddy Ass Birthday Bash ruled. Jericho/Cabana was fun. Guessing it's Jericho/Claudio II at Final Battle. Jericho's off next week overseas with Fozzy, so there's about 4 more weeks in between if there's any more former ROH Champ challenges.

Marina Shafir got newly made theme music! Too bad it was a nothing match, I was one of few who highly enjoyed the first Jade/Marina match. Swerve w/ Rick Ross is great.

Very solid main event, almost thought there'd be a title change. Super fun show. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Shibata, Jeff Jarrett, Lamar Jackson, Rick Ross, & Colt Cabana. TK just throwing names in a bender with a bunch of coke lol.

Could have been even better than that: SRS just said on his post-show that Chuck Palumbo was pitched for the birthday segment, lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Liked Lethal v Darby, Jericho v Boom Boom, and MOx v Lee but taga Style has the WORST entrance music.

Looking forward to the return of THAT WITCH Julia Ghoulia!

Main was fine for what it was Brian Cage still doesn't understand when to GHSI. Yhea people always bring up "but The Undertaker did dives" but he knew when to do them and not for example in matches against Rey Mysterio

Birthday Bash was a ton of fun!

• Like 2

I wasn't feeling it, again. But then I missed the Moxley match.

Hanging out with Rick Ross is a big time heel move. 

The Jeff Jarrett appearance was told to me in the Discord because I missed it and I thought it was a joke. Really? Why? Wasn't he working with WWE just a minute ago?

Joe was looking rough out there, not work-wise, just physically. The flash finish was really good though. 

1 hour ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I'm a petty human being, so I could not stop laughing like an asshole when Cabana came out.

Me too ?

• Like 1