DVDVR Message Board

RAMPAGE!- 10/28/2022!

DEAN

1 hour ago, Krone Meltzer said:

I'm begging the powers that be, let Daddy Magic get some surprise fluke victory (which will never happen because records mean too much) and give that man a World title match in two weeks. 

I'm down. That promo Menard did after Blood x Guts was incredible, I think he's earned at least a title match on TV w that (if not a tag or trios run w Parker down the line). 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

I'm sad we're not getting another Abadon Special/Halloween Deathmatch this year. Last year's was the best.

I also remember a Dark Order vs. Elite tag match where Elite dressed as Ghostbusters with proton packs, Dark Order I think dressed up too but can't remember their outfits. That was one of the last times Kenny was on TV before his injury leave.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

I also remember a Dark Order vs. Elite tag match where Elite dressed as Ghostbusters with proton packs, Dark Order I think dressed up too but can't remember their outfits. That was one of the last times Kenny was on TV before his injury leave.

That was the Adam Page Stay-Puff reveal

• Like 4

This will be in two parts!  I gotta go pick up my youngest son  at 10:30- as he is at some Shoe Gazed show in Richmond and I'm trying to reel in his ever growing response to the call of the wild.  You raise them up and hope that have a modicum of common sense to make it to 25.  I've got confidence.  MOX and Daddy Magic start off the proceedings!  Ange Parker CHEATS and the camera misses it!  AAA LIVES!  Daddy Magic crushes MOX's testicles a couple of times while we enjoy the picture in picture.  Menard gets in touch with his Canadianness and procures the Boston Crab.  MOX hits a Cutter!  KING KONG LARIAT!  Menard survives.  SWEET Regal Knee by MOX.  Menard takes advantage after Parker hits the ring!  MOX applies the Sleeper and wins!  That was perfectly fine. Daddy Magic is kinda crappy when he isn't brawling or commentating.  Moxley versus Lee Moriarty will be good.  Keith Lee is from Wichita Falls, Texas!  My sister was born in Wichita Falls on Shepherd Air Force Base!  AWESOME! SERP!  I ASSUME that SERP will fly ver- and that was quick. Swerve goes insane!  Oh right, it's Halloween!  Tay Melo is in the ring and I'll be back at MIDNIGHT! 

• Like 3

Man, the whole Punk thing and the Hangman concussion really seem to have robbed me of some enthusiasm.

This felt like a very "Burger King" episode of AEW TV. Maybe the most WWE-lite they have been in a while. Could just be me. You'd think I'd be able to find more joy in an episode with Mox, Keith Lee, Tay, and Wardlow singles matches. 

I was really hoping for some goofy Halloween shenanigans. That Swerve/Billy bullshit was the exact opposite of what I was hoping for. 

Were Kingdom dressed like 2004 wrestlers for Halloween? If so, that was pretty funny.

Oh well. 

War-Joe vs Cage & Hobbs should be great.

And Dean gets some extra space to include other matches on his poll this week. First episode of AEW TV or YouTube in a good long while that didn't have a match that struck me as great and/or super-fun.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Menard isn’t a technical marvel, but Mox is the best wrestler alive and everything’s going to be bare minimum good. Moxley is so goddam crisp. 

Discovery wants to present AEW as a sport, better do a kidnapping segment Billy Gunn could’ve been part of in 1999. 

Madison Rayne took some nasty looking offense from Tay like a champ. Fun matwork too. 

The main was the best version of HBK vs Goldberg I could’ve feverishly imagined in the 90s. Taven’s really good, but that and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee with this stacked roster. 

Puh-Puh-Puh-Puh Powerhouse

• Like 4

PART TWO!  My son was in Richmond for few days because he went to three shows this week so he was staying at my daughter's house and he was telling me at length about the shows he went to.  KIDS!  And their Rock and Roll MUSICS!  Then my oldest son came in and was telling me about something about a mod to Grand Theft Auto which would be like me trying to explain BattlARTS to him.  So HERE WE ARE!  Tay Melo and Madison Raine!  Tay is all slick with the speaking of BattlARTS flying into a Cross Armbreaker.  Melo looks great in this, which is a lot to do with Madison Rayne.  Oh man, they lay it in on the floor while in picture in picture.  Madison looks better in this than she has looked in a while, including her IMPACT! stuff.  That was good.  Ethan Page has moved up the card.  HEY! It's Matt Taven!  It's Wardlow!  This should be good.  If short.  It's strange that Taven was wrestling in the NWA less than a month ago.  Wardlow hits a very large Beel!  GREAT Over The Toprope Tope by Taven!  Wardlow sells the leg.  I'm glad they are having an actual match.  Taven is so underrated.  NICE Dragonscrew while in picture in picture.  COOL!  A KNEEBAR!  This match is so New Japan.  I love this match.  Taven is fucking great working the leg.  Wardlow is fucking great selling the leg.  Nice Knee to the head by Taven.  Wardlow goes total Steiner.  Wardlow BRIDGES UP!  A lot of Powerbombs!  Postmatch, Bennett takes out the knee of Wardlow!  Joe makes the save!  The Embassy!  With Powerhouse Hobbs!  The Embassy picking up Hobbs makes them the beefiest, meatiest stable in the history of professional wrestling.  Once again, two shows in a row, the Moxley match is the least of the matches though I blame Daddy Magic.  Matt Taven looked fucking great and Wardlow is a good professional wrestler who doesn't need to be but he sold so much for Taven and sold so well.  That was better than last week by a lot, though it does still feel like an episode of Elevation  on steroids.  But I love Elevation so dug this.  AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD!  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

The main was the best version of HBK vs Goldberg I could’ve feverishly imagined in the 90s. Taven’s really good, but that and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee with this stacked roster. 

Puh-Puh-Puh-Puh Powerhouse

Taven is so underrated.  He took a lot of shit for being ROH champion but he always delivered in the ring.  That was quality pro wrestling versus Wardlow.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gordlow said:

Man, the whole Punk thing and the Hangman concussion really seem to have robbed me of some enthusiasm.

Just don't read all that shit.  Don't let insider bullshit shave your buzz for pro wrestling.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2