DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 10/24 - 10/30/2022

Dolfan in NYC

By the cuts in this clip, I don't think this is the whole segment but damn hahaha Jey stepping up to challenge Roman and splitting the Bloodline almost feels foregone conclusion with this segment 

/Fantasy booking doubling down, sami will side with Roman while Jey takes his brothers during the split, and it will make for tremendous television and box office For everyone involved 

/fantasy booking 

34 minutes ago, Hayabusa said:

/Fantasy booking doubling down, sami will side with Roman while Jey takes his brothers during the split, and it will make for tremendous television and box office For everyone involved 

/fantasy booking 

It was Jey that challenged Roman when Roman first turned heel, right?  That was an intriguing angle.  Jey challenged Roman for control of the family, lost, and was forced to turn heel as Roman’s flunky.  For a couple weeks, Jey did this thing where he was conflicted and seemed ready to snap over having to be a heel, and it just made him more vicious.  

He seemed really over during that period.  I still think Sami comes out of this as the super babyface, but strapping a rocket to Jey wouldn’t be a bad way to go.

Jimmy was really fascinated by the mat during that segment, lol.  

Edited by madl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I can't agree with that. Solo has to go wherever Sami goes. 

I see what you mean with Solo taking Samis' side so often

I dunno though, in the event they do book Jey looking to dethrone Roman I could potentially see some gut wrenching heart wrenching months of TV where Solo plays wild card with his loyalty before ultimately choosing his brothers over his cousin. It'll be compelling as hell either way, and I'm in for the long haul whichever way the story does play out. Sami with allies vs Bloodline, or Bloodline break up

Who does the yearly awards, ESPN or Sports Illustrated, I can't remember, but I absolutely can see this storyline picking up some of those awards in the next 2 years. The bubbas aren't just putting on acting clinics but there's a ton of bangers in the ring to back up them eating up so much tv time too

Edited by Hayabusa

6 hours ago, Matt D said:

She could get a five year run out of being a zany comedy face instead of a burnt out sunglasses heel.

I was soooo bummed she didn't pop up doing the goofy dancing gimmick. The dichotomy of zany dancing Emma vs all the serious ass kickers in the women's division these days would be good stuff. You literally could have reset her back to square one like she was in NXT and earn the character arch again now that most people had forgotten about her.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I was soooo bummed she didn't pop up doing the goofy dancing gimmick. The dichotomy of zany dancing Emma vs all the serious ass kickers in the women's division these days would be good stuff. You literally could have reset her back to square one like she was in NXT and earn the character arch again now that most people had forgotten about her.

We don't agree on much but I do agree with you here. Zany Emma would be over big. People remember gimmicks and she probably could move some merch as well.  I enjoyed her match with Paige in the NXT Finals too. 

23 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

The Bloodline storyline is as good as it’s ever been, two years into it. Amazing. 

It seemed like forever people were talking about them actually becoming a faction on TV. I really wish they had added Naomi when they finally did. Now in hindsight I wonder if she would've left with Sasha because she would've obviously had a better role and a much more clear direction being the only Women in the group.

I remember MVP teasing her joining the Hurt Business because I believe she was on Raw before they split. I know MVP wanted her in and that would have been cool if the company was really behind it because the people involved wanted it to work. Obviously though the fans would have rather have her aligned with her husband. 

She enjoys teaming with Sasha and they both wanted their team to work but just like the Hurt Business the Company had no real direction for them as a team or the Women's tag team division as a whole. 

It's going to be a bubber after the Bloodline split but it going to be great TV as it happens but I think if Naomi does return anytime soon, why not put her in the Bloodline. It'll be a reason to get her out of being much of a dancing character and move away from much of that dancing offense in her moveset.

Also writing all this makes me want them to put the Hurt Business back together. MVP is still a top notch mouth piece and I think he's 100% now as far as being able to work. With Hunter supposedly giving guys more leeway with their verbiage the Hurt Business could be just as compelling as the Bloodline is.

I know they want MVP with Amos as his mouth piece  but if your so insistent in MVP helping Amos get over then just have Amos be the Diesel of the faction.

Also, during the Bloodline segment, does anyone else envision Vince throwing down his headset with the Bloodline breaking Character? 

I recently heard a clip of Solo saying Sami told him he was going make him laugh during a segment one of these days. If Vince was still in charge, I don't think Sami would try to rib them like that constantly knowing Vince would probably flip out. Jimmy and Roman breaking during the segments adds to the charm of Sami in the context of the angle but I could see Jey no trying to go against what he's trying to get across. Roman did very well getting things back on track and it sorta babyfaced him more than he'd like

Edited by Ziggy

2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I recently heard a clip of Solo saying Sami told him he was going make him laugh during a segment one of these days. If Vince was still in charge, I don't think Sami would try to rib them like that constantly knowing Vince would probably flip out. Jimmy and Roman breaking during the segments adds to the charm of Sami in the context of the angle but I could see Jey no trying to go against what he's trying to get across. Roman did very well getting things back on track and it sorta babyfaced him more than he'd like

Vince would probably let it slide. He was quite fond of Sami and rarely told him no when it came to his character.

Roman lucks out with this stuff because Sami sort of is his court jester. Makes it much easier for him to break.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Also, during the Bloodline segment, does anyone else envision Vince throwing down his headset with the Bloodline breaking Character? 

No, that would have been when the announce team started talking Succession characters and he had no idea what that was. 

• Like 1

You think they'll keep  Elimination Chamber? Right now there's only one World/Universal Undisputed Champion so it doesn't make sense to have that match as a way to get someone to a Wrestlemania title shot if you got Royal Rumble. 

Even from a kayfabe booking logic it's ridiculous to book a handful of your headline talent in such a dangerous match a month before Mania. 

Maybe they could move the Elimination Chamber match to Survivor Series with War Games which is more of a faction warfare type deal and have the Chamber for singles guys.

The MiTB to Wrestlemania became less meaningful the last few years it was on the card because it was just a match to get people on the card. Now with 2 Nights,  they don't need too many multiple person matches Although since they have had the 2 night format they've still had a ton of thrown together Multi person matches

I posted EC 2023 info for next year. Honestly with Triple H's history with it, his love of cage type matches and heavy metal, he will keep it around. I mean Wargames and the Fight Pit are now main brand matches.

I haven't read or found anything strong yet about splitting the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship. One previous suggestion from USA network was shot down. 

• Like 1

I'd keep Elimination Chamber and Money in the Bank as shows joining Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series as the big six each year. I like how Elimination Chamber is on the Road to WrestleMania and how it has either one or two EC for the world title/#1 contender for WrestleMania. Use Hell in a Cell as it was before, as a feud ender only for the hottest rivalry.