DVDVR Message Board

THE 2022 WORLD SERIES - PHILADELPHIA vs. HOUSTON

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

So Bregman broke his finger, Altuve pulled a hammy, and Maldonado had a broken hand and a hernia. So if game 7, the Astros would’ve been down 4 starters and starting McCullers

Thank God they won game 6.

"They sent us out west, we fucking unplugged the Electric Factory! Then they sent us up northeast, we had to remind everyone who the real fucking savages are! Then they sent us to Red October, left 'em in a pool of blood! Ring the fucking bell!"

https://twitter.com/TheAstrosLocker/status/1589107032619352065 

McCullers getting a lot of shit for this speech like he didn't pitch a shutout against the Mariners in the ALDS

Edited by TheVileOne

16 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

https://twitter.com/TheAstrosLocker/status/1589107032619352065 

McCullers getting a lot of shit for this speech like he didn't pitch a shutout against the Mariners in the ALDS

Dude I love McCullers he gave us the “Bury me in the H” quote. But last time McCullers faced the Phillies he gave up 73 home runs 

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

Dude I love McCullers he gave us the “Bury me in the H” quote. But last time McCullers faced the Phillies he gave up 73 home runs 

And Verlander has the record for most home runs allowed during the World Series and is still somehow the frontrunner candidate for the Cy Young Award. His one World Series start and he still allowed a home run by Schwarber. He had an off night. McCullers is still one of the best pitchers in the league and the Astros don't win another World Series this year without him.

Dusty Baker gave up that game to protect the bullpen. It was a calculated risk and strategy that paid off. McCullers fell on the sword to get the Astros a World Series win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

And Verlander has the record for most home runs allowed during the World Series and is still somehow the frontrunner candidate for the Cy Young Award. 

I mean, they vote before the playoffs even start and he had a 220 ERA+ this year. It's not exactly a mystery why he's going to win the CYA. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I mean, they vote before the playoffs even start and he had a 220 ERA+ this year. It's not exactly a mystery why he's going to win the CYA. 

OK and before the playoffs, McCullers was ranked 11th and had a 2.29 ERA in the regular season. Just think it's a little unfair to trash him for holding a World Series clubhouse speech and say he's the guy who didn't work on the group project but still got an A.

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic