DVDVR Message Board

THE 2022 WORLD SERIES - PHILADELPHIA vs. HOUSTON

Dolfan in NYC

So, not going to lie, but I watched those first three innings before watching Dynamite and wondered what if Houston throws a no-no against Philly.

Didn't really think it would actually happen, but bottom of the 8th and here we are.

so.

Dusty Baker pulls a starting pitcher despite the pitcher's dominance after just six innings.

with a 5-0 lead.

in a World Series game.

history doesn't repeat, but it often rhymes.  We'll see if this is one of them.

1 minute ago, cubbymark said:

Baseball is such a feast or famine game. One day, you hit a shit ton of HRs. The next day, you get no-hit in the World Series. Things are about to pick up.

a huge night for the "save some of those runs for tomorrow" fan

McCullers obviously wrecked the Phillies bats

7 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Why not both? You know, in case it rains? 

Real franchises have retractable roofs

I seem to recall the original idea for new Yankee stadium was to also have a retractable roof, but the PURISTS freaked the living fuck out about that.  

Though that may have been back when they were threatening to move to New Jersey also. 

On 11/3/2022 at 11:26 AM, Lawful Metal said:

Kinda blows my mind that there's only been 2 no hitters in 100+ years of World Series games.  And this is the only combined no hitter.  Wild.

Look at is this way: the total number of World Series games played to that point (688 games) divided by 2 no-hitters, so the average of one-per-344 games is the same occurrence as having a no-hitter in a regular season every 23 days.