DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2022 - WEEK NINE

Pete

• RIPPA pinned this topic
17 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

UT focusing on the important stuff.

ANwar is a hack, but unfortunately a huge chunk of the donor base cares very deeply about that crap, especially after the 2020 season.

Bummed that I’m basically free all weekend and the slate of games is pretty lackluster. All three of the big helmet games (OSU/PSU, UGA/FLA, MICH/MSU) look severely one-sided on paper.

Maybe Kentucky can put a scare into Tennessee? Maybe Stoops has the secret sauce to slow down Henson Hooker? Feels Like 98 in Neyland, so that seems doubtful.

UNC/Pitt is potentially a fascinating styles clash, and a win would almost certainly put the ACC Coastal in the bag for the Tar Heels, but alas it’s on the ACC Network.

Edited by EVA

Mired in a three-game losing streak, Texas A&M has indefinitely suspended three players, all true freshmen, for violating team rules, sources told ESPN.

TexAgs.com was first to report the suspensions, which sources told ESPN stem from a postgame locker room incident.

The suspended players are defensive back Denver Harris, receiver Chris Marshall and offensive lineman PJ Williams.

This is the second time this season that Texas A&M has handed down suspensions to members of its highly touted 2022 signing class, which was ranked No. 1 nationally by ESPN. Receiver Evan Stewart and defensive back Deyon Bouie, along with Marshall and Harris, were suspended for the Miami game for what sources told ESPN was related to a curfew violation.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34876814/aggies-suspend-3-football-players-indefinitely-sources-said

Welp pretty sure that will be 3 players entering the portal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JLowe said:

They were caught smoking weed in the locker room after the South Carolina game (which was a road game). Fourth guy also there and is likely suspended but not publicized.

Word is that it was BEFORE the game. Imagine having so little control of your team that multiple players smoke dope in the locker room. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Word is that it was BEFORE the game. Imagine having so little control of your team that multiple players smoke dope in the locker room. 

.... *Flashes back to 2007 and Michigan.

9 hours ago, Tabe said:

I just saw that, I assumed it was after because, well, that seemed more reasonable.

• Like 2

I just heard one of the radio people on non-sports talk station mention that one of his weekend bets was Florida over Georgia... well, good luck betting against a team favored by 20 playing a day after their most beloved former coach dies? (obviously the players might not exactly know Dooley but still.. legal sports betting is a way for people to lose some spare money)

I feel like Penn State is really going to regret those early Clifford INTs when this game is over. Otherwise, they played OSU about as well as you can in the 1st quarter, but OSU usually makes great 2nd half adjustments under Ryan Day.

TCU should have dominated this West Virginia game with how bad this defense was in the 1st half but really did nothing in the 2nd half.    But they are going to win it barring an incredible dumb play.   They really didn't do anything to make the BCS think they should be in the top 4.   Will have to go undefeated

Edited by hammerva