DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series 2013

Brian Fowler

For anyone not convinced that Reigns is going to be the next top guy in the WWE, Vince and HHH both see dollar signs with Reigns and the comparison to the Rock has been tossed around on more than one occasion. The thought behind the comparison is that he won't be the megastar that the Rock is today, but he will be someone to carry the company.

I agree. The company should be built around Reigns and Titus. In fact, I look forward to the day Reigns vs Titus is the main event of Wrestlemania.

WOOF! WOOF!

• Like 1

LOL at that ending.  I skipped to the end of the PPV after the Wyatt tag because you just know something big needs to happen to justify that main event. What do we get?  Cena and Orton pose off with the title.  LOL.

I'm all for a unification match if that's what they are going for, but grab a fucking mic and announce it at least instead of leaving the audience with that weak shit. Why is a fucking silent pose off the new go to move for starting a big feud?  It's bad enough when HHH/Taker do it, but it's been a staple of Cena's title feuds over the last few years. 

Also, can they please retire the distracting entrance music of a heel leads to a pin/change of momentum in the match.

It comes off as unrealistic. If you're that easily distracted you probably entered the wrong profession. At least wait until the guy is at ringside to get 190% thrown off your game.

Its a more predictable trope than a toss to the outside = commercial break.

A couple of Raws ago, the crowd (in England, I think?) was chanting 'Boreton' and all three of the announcers acknowledged it. It's not like the Goldberg chants for Ryback that the ignore do much it borders on insanity. Someone clearly think that it is ok for the crowd to show their displeasure with the top heel Randy Orton by saying he is boring. At the risk of reading way too much in to this, I would venture to say that the story is probably far from over, and we have another couple of months of the Authority losing confidence in Randy.

Overall I think the PPV wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be.  My thoughts:

-Are they setting KOFI up for the heel turn?

-5-on-5 elimination tag was great.  Glad to see Reigns come out of this looking like a star.  My issue with Reigns is, besides having a good look and that damn spear, what else does he have that would make him the top man in WWE?  I'm borderline convinced that most of you are just smitten with him.

-Diva's tag was okay for what it was.  LULZ @ Eva Marie.  She's just awful.

-My favorite match of the night was Punk/Bryan vs. Wyatt Family.  This came off as old school tagging to me with Punk/Bryan as the Rock n Roll Express and the Wyatts as the Russians.  And for all his faults(being green), Erick Rowan came off looking good.  He doesn't have to do much, but what he did was good.

-ADR vs. Cena?  Meh....

-I fell asleep before the main...and boy am I glad I did.

I was thinking the same thing for Kofi. Maybe the Miz thing was a swerve, or they just changed their minds, but turning Kofi would be much more interesting than another Miz heel run. It would at least be something different for Kofi after being exactly the same character his entire run

Brie Bella did a missile dropkick?

Is she eligible for march madness?

She's been doing it for a few months now:

YrFs5da.gif

and this too

j2UNUtc.gif

But she's a Bella, so who cares? Certainly not the guys who took Rippa's bait in the Chit Chat thread a couple of days ago..

This sounds like a show that is completely engulfed by the finishes. That just tells me that the shows are really, really uninspiring if you want a little more from your rasstlin' shows besides people randomly trying to kick each other's ass.

I miss the days in which rasstlin' shows was mostly the top guys trying to kill each other while the rest of the show were people randomly trying to kick each other's ass. Where's the drama lately?

• Like 1

"C'MON REY. HUH? YOU CAME ALL THE WAY BACK FOR THIS? TO GET JOBBED OUT?" - Roman Reigns only speaks the truth.

Goddamn Dustin does not give a shit and it's beautiful. He let Swagger and Cesaro knock the shit out of him a LOT. I would not have believed two years ago that Goldust would be back in 2013 doing a 180 Cross Body and not embarrassing himself. Gotta be one of the greatest comebacks of all time.

Cody Rhodes is still fucking awesome. Watch his first pinfall attempt on Seth Rollins and see how he fluidly catches Rollins hand to drag him over to the corner. It's like a tactic he's trained to do that injects a bit of "reality" into the match. He's not just taking for granted that Seth Rollins will just cooperate because it's all worked out, he's staying on him.

Also, Jey Uso vs. Roman felt like it had that personal HATE, which made me very excited for their eventual World Heavyweight Title feud in 2019.

Big E's running splash looks better than his finish. I really want to like him but he's gotta change that shit. I really want to see him wrestle Daisuke Sekimoto. Can we just make that happen? Like with magic?

• Like 1

Fuck those smark fans for trying to hijack a great main event with their stupid Daniel Bryan chants. Somehow Vince needs to find away to make sure their real fans(RAW, and Smackdown crowds) get those PPV tickets before the smarks do.

I don't think it has to be smarky fans to not be into the Orton/Show match. It was a fine match, but if they don't care, they don't care.

The entire crowd didn't seem to care about the whole match. Not just the "smart" fans.

Don't give me "if they don't care, they don't care". These "fans" don't care. But judging by the ratings, and the reaction from the TV crowds those real fans do care.

I'm just glad Vince never really gives in to these smark crowds, or else Ryder would be a main eventer.

LOL @ "real fans". The fuck does that even mean? Considering how much the tickets to that shitshow must have been, I can't really call anyone who doled out their money to go a "fake fan".

And yet they don't act like "fans". They act like animals trying to selfishly put the attention on themselves while the Superstars bust their asses for them. And for what? So they can chant boring. Or even worse chant the name of a Superstar who isn't even in the main event anymore.

Heavens to betsy, they chanted "boring" during a boring fucking snoozefest of a match? 

I bet you they did have a greater match in them, but after  the "boring" chant Triple H was like "Go home guys. These fucking "fans" don't deserve a classic. I'm ending this show early".

I don't understand the booking for the last couple months, which seems in direct contrast to everything we've heard about Triple H's goals as he starts taking over. We hear him paying lip service to elevating young guys and gearing up for WWE post-Cena, but then we have main events like the one last night which had Vince's fingerprints all over it. I wouldn't be surprised if Triple H's takeover continues to be delayed as Vince tries in vain to get "his vision" over one more time. But, having said all that, if 2014 gives us more Langston, Usos, Rhodes family resurrections, and most importantly, the rise of Roman Reigns, (my former lab partner in organic chem, by the way. Have I mentioned that? ;)), I'm all for it. I just hope Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, & Dolph Ziggler aren't overlooked as they raise up these new stars. That would be a real shame, as I think all three still have countless quality main events still in them...

My issue with Reigns is, besides having a good look and that damn spear, what else does he have that would make him the top man in WWE?  I'm borderline convinced that most of you are just smitten with him.

He can't talk, but he won me over by nearly spearing Rey in half. That's what finally convinced me.

In the history of all-time green big men, Rowan is absolutely far from the worst.

I think part of people being down on him is because he tags with Luke Harper. Every single last Chikara/indie guy who worked with the then-Brodie Lee swore he'd be a gigantic star. He adapted to the WWE style really, really quickly and is an absolute stud. I like Titus a ton but if we're talking about a big man to rival Roman over the next bunch of years Harper's right there. He's possibly as good as Roman right now and Roman has had a year of ridiculously good matches. Legit, Harper has the potential to be one of the four or five best workers in the company.

But Rowan just does simple stuff and dudes like Daniel Bryan and Punk and other good, small dudes make him look really nasty. Bryan sold his body slam like it was a gunshot. I also loved the new touch of him talking to his mask, which is even more unsettling.

I know I'm a total fanboy for them but the Wyatt Family is going to run things for the next few years. I love how Bray's positioned right now. I think he's the best promo guy in the WWE right now and his material is so friggin' sublime. They've never had anyone or material like this. To the kids and dumb dumbs, he's a frightening horror movie monster. To people who are literate, he's using all this super subtle Bible references and is playing a vengeful Messiah here to liberate the oppressed by attacking our golden calves. It's brilliant.

I also love the name Sister Abigail. This is a good, easy explanation of who Abigail was in the Bible. http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/Women-Of-The-Bible/a/021511-CW-Abigail.htm

For those who don't want to read it, she was the wife of a rich man named Nabal. When David was fleeing with his army, he wanted to get some supplies from Nabal, who denied him. David and his army were about to launch a raid (and probably slaughter everyone in sight) but Abigail stepped forward with supplies she took from her husband. She told him he would be the King of Israel one day and would have a line of descendants. She was regarded as beautiful, brave and noble. Nabal eventually died and King David took Abigail as his bride.

Sister Abigail's story is pretty much an updated version of this. She told Bray he was "the one" -- i.e., the new King. Of course, Bray also hinted he killed her ("I WAS THERE WHEN SHE TOOK HER LAST BREATH!") as he's a disturbed, Koresh-like mad man.

• Like 1

Its perfectly acceptable to shit on a match that wwe is forcing upon its fanbase. As I said, they JUST fought in a micard match at ER. Nobody is buying this face of the company crap. If WWE wants to give us uninspiring bullshit, fine.. BUT if you paid money in advance and are pissed with this decision to push these two ahead of the pack for really no reason seeing as they don't advance ratings either.. then who can blame them for shitting on it.

• Like 1

My issue with Reigns is, besides having a good look and that damn spear, what else does he have that would make him the top man in WWE?  I'm borderline convinced that most of you are just smitten with him.

He can't talk, but he won me over by nearly spearing Rey in half. That's what finally convinced me.

Roman's got the best trash talk game in the business except for Mark Henry. He's done some good stuff in the limited Shield promos he's done. Once he's a singles guy, he can just be the cool, laid back crusher who doesn't need to say a whole lot to get over. He also cut a really good promo in NXT where he was bragging about his watch.

Roman's got the best trash talk game in the business except for Mark Henry. He's done some good stuff in the limited Shield promos he's done. Once he's a singles guy, he can just be the cool, laid back crusher who doesn't need to say a whole lot to get over. He also cut a really good promo in NXT where he was bragging about his watch.

I have to disagree, other then him randomly yelling during matches, I can't remember him saying anything good during their promos. Ambrose is clearly the best for them when it comes to that. I do agree that he has potential, though.

Edit: I DID enjoy his trash talking to Rey in that match also.

Just finished seeing what I wanted to of the show.

The men's Survivor Series match was good, but it was never quite as good as it was during the first few eliminations. Still I did love Reigns nearly eliminating the face side by himself. I don't quite see him as a potential major player yet, but this was a good start in said direction.

The women's SS was decent enough. Loved Nikki's torture rack backbreaker, and the JoJo segment towards the end was nice. Kind of wish they got more time.

Cena/Alberto was about what I expected, good but nothing memorable thoguh I did dig the last 3-4 minutes a decent bit.

Bryan/Punk vs. The Wyatts was probably my MOTN. It wasn't great, but it was fairly good tag. I'm finally starting to enjoy Harper a bit, and I actually like Rowan. He mostly keeps to simple things, but he does them well. Punk and Bryan were just a nice little team in general. I actually wouldn't mind the Megapowers route someone mentioned earlier in wanting to see.