DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series 2013

Brian Fowler

Quick thoughts as I hope I don't miss my train home...

STRONG opening match between kofi and miz...

5 on 5 match was six or seven types of awesome.

People around me groaned when we heard the diva match was elimination.

Axel and Big E was shit on and rightly so.

Crowd just was not that into the punk and bryan vs wyatt match.. other than the YES chants. Shame as it was a pretty good match.

Main event was the drizzling shits and should end the big show push.. and hopefully the reign of Orton soon

Fuck those smark fans for trying to hijack a great main event with their stupid Daniel Bryan chants. Somehow Vince needs to find away to make sure their real fans(RAW, and Smackdown crowds) get those PPV tickets before the smarks do.

I don't think it has to be smarky fans to not be into the Orton/Show match. It was a fine match, but if they don't care, they don't care. 

The entire crowd didn't seem to care about the whole match. Not just the "smart" fans.

Don't give me "if they don't care, they don't care". These "fans" don't care. But judging by the ratings, and the reaction from the TV crowds those real fans do care.

I'm just glad Vince never really gives in to these smark crowds, or else Ryder would be a main eventer.

A Cena heel turn (perhaps featuring him joining the authority as the new "face of the company" and cutting some promo about doing everything for the fans and being shit on) is about the only thing that could possibly make me interested in him.  For a second I thought they might go with that tonight.

Actually, if he turns heel. I'd prefer that he never cuts a promo about the fans shitting on him and just turns up his John Cena-ness to eleven. Cena the glad-handing, corporate, Make-a-Wish Foundation visiting teller of goofy jokes would be great.

Hell, have him start doing freestyles again except make them like Will Smith during the Big Willie Style era. HHH can present him with some fine Cuban cigars for being their new centerpiece, and he can put one in his mouth and rap about how they're for the look and he doesn't light them. 

Poor Bo Dallas

How many times are you guys going to fantasy book a Cena heel turn that's not happening.

Cena turns heel when the company has a strong #2 babyface who is basically the bastard offspring of Hulk Hogan and Sting and can not only draw fans to Raw and hold up his end in the ring, but also fill Cena's position at speaking engagements and charity functions.  Big Show isn't that guy.  Orton isn't that guy.  Bryan and Punk will never be that guy.  They don't have that guy on the roster at this point and, the way they build stars, may not have him until cloning is perfected and Vince grows John Cena 2 in a test tube.

• Like 3

I don't think most people expect Cena to go heel ever.  I think most people are talking about cena heel turn because it is the only way for people to give a shit about a Cena vs Orton WM match

Although logically it makes no sense to have a "unification title" like match unless you change the rules of the Royal Rumble winner.

So, are we getting Cena with one McMahon, Orton with another, and Rumble winner as a unification match at Mania?

I may be in the minority, but I liked a lot on this show. The opener, the main, the Wyatt tag and Big E's match were all above average to great. The end of the night actually advanced the story. Things were relatively shenanigan free. Can't ask for much more. Mark Henry came back, although he needs to immediately find a way to turn heel.

I'm all for them unifying the two world titles but I have no desire to see Orton Vs. Cena again. Although if they're teasing it already, there's no way it's lasting until Wrestlemania for the Cena/Orton feud to start. Are you crazy? That shit is the next PPV. It won't even make it to Rumble. WWE blows through everything at the speed of light.

If the future of WWE is Antonio Cesaro, Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt & Big E. Langston, I'm perfectly fine with that. I would take that over John Cena, The Big Show, Randy Orton & Alberto Del Rio, for sure.

Sheamus still has to come back too.

If I had to pick a Royal Rumble winner right now, I would lean toward Roman Reigns...but I have no idea how that would tie-in to Wrestlemania at all. Haven't even tested the waters with him as a singles guy yet, so probable too early. He definitely looked like a star tonight though. Pretty much the only highlight of the whole pay-per-view.

How was Pacific Rim?

Cena/Del Rio is worth catching on pure match quality.

It was the biggest budget B-Movie imaginable. I felt like I was watching Giant Robo for about half of it. I mean it wasn't as good as Giant Robo but it had a technician/support guy with a pompadour, bow tie and sideburns that would absolutely be a random anime assorted character. Visually it was pretty amazing. The fights were great. I wish they had toned down the two scientist guys just a little. Ron Perlman was in fact Ron Perlman. It was a big dumb movie, but worth the dollar twenty-six I spent on it..

How was the football game?

• Like 1

I'm all for them unifying the two world titles but I have no desire to see Orton Vs. Cena again. Although if they're teasing it already, there's no way it's lasting until Wrestlemania for the Cena/Orton feud to start. Are you crazy? That shit is the next PPV. It won't even make it to Rumble. WWE blows through everything at the speed of light.

If the future of WWE is Antonio Cesaro, Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt & Big E. Langston, I'm perfectly fine with that. I would take that over John Cena, The Big Show, Randy Orton & Alberto Del Rio, for sure.

Sheamus still has to come back too.

If I had to pick a Royal Rumble winner right now, I would lean toward Roman Reigns...but I have no idea how that would tie-in to Wrestlemania at all. Haven't even tested the waters with him as a singles guy yet, so probable too early. He definitely looked like a star tonight though. Pretty much the only highlight of the whole pay-per-view.

My guess is he gets the Diesel push from '94 and just eliminates half the field before going out.

How was Pacific Rim?

Cena/Del Rio is worth catching on pure match quality.

It was the biggest budget B-Movie imaginable. I felt like I was watching Giant Robo for about half of it. I mean it wasn't as good as Giant Robo but it had a technician/support guy with a pompadour, bow tie and sideburns that would absolutely be a random anime assorted character. Visually it was pretty amazing. The fights were great. I wish they had toned down the two scientist guys just a little. Ron Perlman was in fact Ron Perlman. It was a big dumb movie, but worth the dollar twenty-six I spent on it..

How was the football game?

Not over yet!

The first 5 on 5 was awesome. As soon as the heel team went down in numbers I figured it was time for Roman Reigns to get a megapush. He just crushed it. That spear on Rey was awesome. He's a total star.

Wyatt Family vs. Punk/Bryan was great, too. Is Luke Harper the best big man in the WWE right now? I love Henry as much as anyone else but I think Harper might be ahead of him at this point just due to mobility.

Cena/ADR was really good, too.

Everything else was pretty bleh at best. That main event was terrrrrrrrible.

Biggest surprise MOVEZ~! of the night:

Naomi's split-legged moonsault

Nikki's torture-rack drop thing

Harper's dragon suplex

Cena's tornado DDT

When Miz won off that pin reversal, I was literally saying out loud "come on, you're a heel, pull the tights or SOMETHING".  If Miz doesn't grab the ropes during his next figure-four, he has failed as a professional wrestler.

In-ring was really good though the main event(especially the finish) seemed weak.

The Jojo thing was a nice false finish.

Odd Bella discrepancy:  Nikki gets three pins and survives, Brie gets one pin and loses to Aksana.

On that note, rare night when both Aksana and Rosa get wins.

Laughed at Eva getting pinned in like five seconds.  Guess that's punishment for something or other WATCH TOTAL DIVAS SUNDAY NIGHTS ON E!

Sports bar in south St. Louis turned on Big E in a hurry after that cheap-pop promo for obvious reasons.