DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series 2013

Brian Fowler

2 match show?

Was hoping that the Wyatts would have been kept a bit stronger, but still enjoyed the match.

Roman Reigns....!

Also. Ryback has got to be done for a while. Take him off TV, send him to NXT. Just something else. Soon he will be beyond repair.

Other things:

God damn the last 10 or so minutes of the opener were great, and the finishing stretch was sublime.  Reigns is headed for the main event, and soon.  (I nearly called this right on twitter.  I expected it to become 5 on 1 and Reigns to eliminate them all.)

AJ Lee is perfect.

Rippa might not like Big E. anymore if he ever hears the post-match promo.

Cena/Del Rio was really good despite being really obvious.  That half-nelson into an elevated neck-breaker thing Cena has busted out is really cool, and I'm not usually a moves guy.

When Luke Harper was in the ring, the tag match was great.  When Eric Rowan was in the ring, it was not.

Cena.  That almost, but not quite, looked like the mythical John Cena heel turn. 

Fuck those smark fans for trying to hijack a great main event with their stupid Daniel Bryan chants. Somehow Vince needs to find away to make sure their real fans(RAW, and Smackdown crowds) get those PPV tickets before the smarks do.

• Like 1

The match placement was insane. I've never seen "BORING" chants in the main event of a PPV. Crowd also chanting "Daniel Bryan" among other things...  Problem is Big Show JUST fought Orton at Extreme Rules in a midcard match and now everyone is supposed to buy these two as the 'face of the WWE'?  Come on.

Cena showing up was kind of interesting....  I wouldn't mind a title unification as long as it's not at WrestleMania or another show I care about. Crowd did not give a crap about a potential Cena vs. Orton showdown. Again, they've run that match a hundred times before... 

Wyatts vs. Bryan/Punk was pretty damn good. Harper is a GREAT big man right now... 

Henry coming back is tremendous.

5 on 5 was very good near the end...  Reigns is a star.

PPV overall was solid but still some very questionable things going on here...

As boring and predictable Cena's matches has become, I love him getting down on his knees and raising the title in line with the Cena sucks signs. He knows what he is doing.

I'd be fine with them unifying the title at this point too.

Cena.  That almost, but not quite, looked like the mythical John Cena heel turn. 

Thought the same thing. What exactly was the point of him coming out at the end? Hinting at possible title unification?

Also, Reigns has finally won me over after folding Rey in half. I could watch that spear over and over. It was possibly even better then that time Nash used him as a throwing dart.

• Like 3

Fuck those smark fans for trying to hijack a great main event with their stupid Daniel Bryan chants. Somehow Vince needs to find away to make sure their real fans(RAW, and Smackdown crowds) get those PPV tickets before the smarks do.

I don't think it has to be smarky fans to not be into the Orton/Show match. It was a fine match, but if they don't care, they don't care. 

The entire crowd didn't seem to care about the whole match. Not just the "smart" fans.

The opener and the Bryan/Punk vs Wyatts matches were good enough, albeit predictable.  The rest of the show was pretty much a snooze fest, especially the World/Heavyweight title matches.

I'd been figuring Bryan would win the rumble for a while now, but depending on how the inevitable Shield breakup plays out in the next month or two I could easily see Reigns winning after his performance tonight.

A Cena heel turn (perhaps featuring him joining the authority as the new "face of the company" and cutting some promo about doing everything for the fans and being shit on) is about the only thing that could possibly make me interested in him.  For a second I thought they might go with that tonight.

The WWE can ignore the "We Want Bryan" chants if they want, but it's pretty clear Orton is deader than dead at this point. 

Whatever weird thing going on with Big Show will die off as well. He's pretty over and I think Show is great most of the time but I don't see anyone buying him as a main eventer at this point.

The opener and the Bryan/Punk vs Wyatts matches were good enough, albeit predictable.  The rest of the show was pretty much a snooze fest, especially the World/Heavyweight title matches.

A Cena heel turn (perhaps featuring him joining the authority as the new "face of the company" and cutting some promo about doing everything for the fans and being shit on) is about the only thing that could possibly make me interested in him.  For a second I thought they might go with that tonight.

Whether it was sowing seeds for a heel turn or them just trolling the net, there was that brief moment where he stood between HHH and Steph and raised the title as if he was aligned with them.

I also thought they were about to have CM Punk turn on Bryan after the match, with the way Bryan went to the ropes facing Bray, and Punk just stood behind him staring at him.

Actually, if he turns heel. I'd prefer that he never cuts a promo about the fans shitting on him and just turns up his John Cena-ness to eleven. Cena the glad-handing, corporate, Make-a-Wish Foundation visiting teller of goofy jokes would be great.

Hell, have him start doing freestyles again except make them like Will Smith during the Big Willie Style era. HHH can present him with some fine Cuban cigars for being their new centerpiece, and he can put one in his mouth and rap about how they're for the look and he doesn't light them. 

• Like 1

Noticed that as well with Punk. Glad it didn't happen. Although, I would have LOVED if Bray would have got in and been all final boss on Punk and Bryan and just kicked their asses alone. Would have made an awesome GIF.

Plus, Punk and Bryan have double team moves already.