DVDVR Message Board

2022-23 NBA SEASON: 1st Half

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Contentious C said:

And despite still having the best record in the NBA, Boston somehow dropped 3 of 4 to *Orlando*.  Good thing they (probably) won't be in the playoffs.

*Starts rooting for Orlando to be the 8th seed*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Whatever this tweet was no longer exists

But his last tweet was about Lebron so I will assume it has something to do with the fact that Lebron is now the only player in history to score 40 points in a game against all 30 teams

Lebron dropped 46 against the Clippers but the Lakers still lost 133-115

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I don't like booking Joel as the face, but god damn it...

Letterbox inside a letterbox inside a letterbox - is there even any room left for the video? 

Indiana Pacers center Myles Turner has agreed to a two-year, $60 million contract extension that includes an additional $17.1M renegotiation on his 2022-2023 salary, his agent Austin Brown of CAA Sports told ESPN on Saturday.

The $17.1 million renegotiation -- largest in NBA history -- is on top of his $18 million salary this season and ties him to the Pacers through the 2024-2025 season.

The Pacers are allowed to increase the money on his current deal because of the franchise's available salary cap space.

It seems like every time I actually get to watch Boston, they stink it up. I watched most of last night's game, until Beverley scored 5 out of nowhere late and Jaylen missed a wide-open 3 to make it 104-102 with about 7 seconds left.

Then I turned it off.

Then the Celtics won.

In summation: haha, get fucked, Lakers.

2 hours ago, Contentious C said:

It seems like every time I actually get to watch Boston, they stink it up. I watched most of last night's game, until Beverley scored 5 out of nowhere late and Jaylen missed a wide-open 3 to make it 104-102 with about 7 seconds left.

Then I turned it off.

Then the Celtics won.

In summation: haha, get fucked, Lakers.

Patrick Beverly getting T'd for showing refs photographic evidence they blew a crucial call is something.

Tonight's Washington/Detroit game is postponed as the Pistons are still in Dallas (a combo of plane issues and weather have had them grounded)

Ironically the Wizards have been in Detroit since yesterday

Yeah. I was going to say that the Celtics Boomed the Nets, then I saw it was a 46-16 first quarter. That's an Adam Cole "You know it's all about tha BOOM" Booming.

(Just to show my age, I was going to call it a Vengaboys "Boom Boom Boom"ing at first, then remembered where I was.)

edit: Late play included a Ball Boy nearly getting run over during play (well, more like Ball MAN, but he was mopping up sweat from a fall when the play came at him)

Edited by SirFozzie

So you’re saying it’s better not to pay the homeless to pick up trash, right?  Because dudes like you are going to find the rain cloud in anything positive someone does for another person?

To be honest, that works for me.  Why invite bad pr.   People are generally terrible.

Edited by Doc Townsend
  • Like 1

Not at all, I'm glad they're getting them some income. Hopefully, it's enough to allow them to make a change in their housing status. 

But two things: a) A good deed should be its own reward. If the team is running a program like this, there's no need to get PR/clout points for it. Just help them out.  And b) there shouldn't have to be a 'unhoused people pick up trash for money' story, because there shouldn't be unhoused people in the richest country on earth.  

But that's as far as I'm willing to take this conversation on this forum.  

• Like 9

Mitchell is playing out of his mind at this point, so, eh.  

Sometimes you make it, sometimes you don't.  This Heat team has bigger issues than who gets snubbed from the ASG.  Notably they need someone (stupid enough) to take Duncan Robinson off our hands.