DVDVR Message Board

2022-23 NBA SEASON: 1st Half

RIPPA

In "Oh that's adorable" news,  Dwight Howard is on Instagram talking about how he wants to play somewhere but no one in the NBA will give him the chance he wants (a/k/a starting with significant minutes).  

I'd say we'll get a post somewhere around April 2024 saying he's quietly retiring. 

Already good times in LA as Russell Westbrook is bitching that he suffered a hamstring strain because he came off the bench in the preseason finale. Basically, Westbrook is all "I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO WARM UP! FIRST TIME IN 14 YEARS I HAD TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!!"

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34827948/lakers-russell-westbrook-cites-coming-bench-hamstring-strain

• Haha 1

Pistons/Magic game was a ton of fun. The youngins on both teams showed out. 

The Pistons are gonna be a ton of fun to watch this season and I'm really, really happy about it. Jaden Ivey is something else with that speed. Jalen Duren is 18 and looks like he more than belongs.

Ben Simmons had.. a night.   2-3 from the field, 0-2 from foul line, 5 rebounds in 23 minutes.  He fouled out and Brooklyn lost by 22.  Meanwhile, Zion Williamson had 25 pts and looked like a world-beater.  Simmons is probably lucky Williamson didn’t ask him for his shorts.  Zion would have gotten those too.  No one wants to see Ben in his tidy whities 

• Haha 1

It's only three games, but Paolo Banchero is looking like a legit future all-NBA guy. Averaging 23.3, 8.7, 3.3, and 2 blocks a night so far.

They haven't won a game yet, but between him and Wagner, Orlando sure looks to have a solid foundation to build on the first time since Howard left.

• Like 1

More Paolo Banchero is ridiculous numbers.

Here's a list of every player in NBA history to score 20 or more points in each their first five career games:

Wilt Chamberlain

Elvin Hayes

Grant Hill

Oscar Robertson

Dominique Wilkins

John Williamson

Paolo Banchero

(Williamson was a three year veteran in the ABA before joining the NBA, so everyone who did it as a true rookie is in the Hall of Fame.

Orlando is 0-5. 

Soooooo San Antonio just waved Josh Primo, their lottery pick in 2021, four games into his second season, after picking up his option so he's under contract through next season.

That's not a great sign.