DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK SEVEN

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There was a half a second where I think everyone in Washington thought the Packers were gonna pull off the Cal/Stanford play

I'm deeply amused that the lateral that finally really missed was thrown by Rodgers.

6 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

Either that or a penalty on Washington giving the Packers a chance for a game winning FG

the cynic in me figures there that somewhere the analytics argue that Fishing For PI is a higher percentage play than attempting the Rugby Scramble

• Like 1

Just now, Cobra Commander said:

The percentage for PI Fishing on the final play might be a bit lower than the percentage on other plays.

perhaps offset in this case by the "it's Rodgers doing it" quotient

3 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

So serious question about the Giants.  Let's assume the bottom doesn't fall out and they get around to 11 or 12 wins.  With the notable lack of receivers and a really good head coach now, do you bring back Jones for another year?

If he plays mostly like he did today, I think probably.

If he goes back to at least one turnover every game, I think it depends on what's available/what it would take to move up in the draft/etc.

• Like 1

His numbers would have been even better today if you remember that his receivers had something like 5 or 6 drops

That being said - I still think it is no because it will be cheaper to draft a QB and the Giants are still getting out of salary cap hell

• Like 1

Just now, Cobra Commander said:

i'm working on a theory that the best rush defense involves having an offense that buries the other team so that they can't run the ball down 20 points

It really is.

Because the NFL is so pass heavy now, it's basically malfeasance to build a defense that's well equipped to stop a running game/leave the personnel on the field much.

So you've got to find other ways to take it away, like scoring a billion points.

Stolen from Twitter:

The Saints are 2-5. Their first-round pick (currently #4 overall) belongs to the Eagles.

The Browns are 2-5. Their first-round pick (currently #5 overall) belongs to the Texans.

The Broncos are 2-5. Their first-round pick (currently #6 overall) belongs to the Seahawks.

Edited by Gonzo

Ah, the NFC South. My favorite division, too bad it's statically impossible to have 5 or 6 more just like it. Also, I am here for any and all Brady and Rodgers slander; you have 48 hours to submit for a like (unless I've ignored you, haha).

Edited by Contentious C