DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK SEVEN

RIPPA

Why didn’t the Packers try the Hailmary? I’m the biggest Rodgers critic but he was always good for a heave. It has to be that be can’t do that anymore. Otherwise that was one of the dumbest play calls ever. The laterals never work, not even against the Commanders who were seemingly trying to blow it.

The Bills could beat them 77-0 next week. There has been some voodoo in the air with these automatic games yes, but one more dose of it is the only way 77-0 doesn’t happen next week IMO. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Why didn’t the Packers try the Hailmary? I’m the biggest Rodgers critic but he was always good for a heave. It has to be that be can’t do that anymore. Otherwise that was one of the dumbest play calls ever. The laterals never work, not even against the Commanders who were seemingly trying to blow it.

I mean.... I don't know about never...

EECiYw.gif

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

The Bills could beat them 77-0 next week. There has been some voodoo in the air with these automatic games yes, but one more dose of it is the only way 77-0 doesn’t happen next week IMO. 

The Bills will take Josh out when it gets to 49-0. . . . . ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Remember that time the Saints succeeded at the lateral play against Jacksonville and the missed the extra point to lose the game anyway?

And that was before they moved the XP back!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went down the rabbit hole and this exists and I am thrilled

https://youtu.be/2Yru_1al8EY

(NFL blocks embedding)

EDIT - It's a look at every lateral attempt since the Music City Miracle (up until when the video was made sometime in 2016) which shows that the only successful one was the Saints one

4 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

If he's the solution, I don't want to know what the problem is.

I will not stand for this slandering of a fine Spokane product like Mr. Rypien! 

I'll sit for it. 

I saw him play in high school once - he went to school literally 6 blocks from my old house. He wasn't the best player in the city that year though - Austin Rehkow (P/PK) was. 

Happy for Sam, he's a good guy and a good QB who took a ton of hard hits having to play hero ball for Tom Herman. He's probably going to have more of the same with the Colts OL, but at least he got to basically rest and heal his body for almost 2 years

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It looks like Breece Hall is done for the year as the Jets say he has "an ACL injury"

Jets confirm it now.  He's got a meniscus injury and a torn ACL.   That's it for 2022 for him. 

• Sad 1