DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK SEVEN

RIPPA

14 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Jets WR Elijah Moore has demanded a trade. 

The Jets have said they do not plan on trading him.   

I expect he'll be in Carolina by the end of the month. 

2 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

That's a lot to give up for a guy made of paper mache and glass. .  

It sounds like a lot, but it's quantity really.  If you use the draft value chart, where the Niners' picks sit currently, these all add up to be worth as much as the 33rd overall pick.  I'd trade that for McCaffrey in a heartbeat if I'm a team like San Francisco.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gatling said:

It sounds like a lot, but it's quantity really.  If you use the draft value chart, where the Niners' picks sit currently, these all add up to be worth as much as the 33rd overall pick.  I'd trade that for McCaffrey in a heartbeat if I'm a team like San Francisco.

Aren't they all picks from the Rams anyway? Presumably they'll all be low in their respective rounds since the Rams figure to be decent for awhile. 

I don't think it's too much to give up for the guy. ESPECIALLY if he somehow stays healthy. 

I think the CMC trade is good for the 49ers and CMC and bad for Carolina, which I realize is the opposite of everybody else’s opinion. The 49ers like having a bunch of fringe skill guys spread out. CMC is perfect for them. He might even turn out to be underrated because Carolina’s offense is straight pee wee. The Cowboys have only been getting roasted about that the most because they’re still relevant. CMC won’t be a workhorse in this offense so that should eliminate him getting hurt and when he does get in there he’ll be doing something besides run up the middle vs a run blitz. The 49ers have to win now if they’re going to win with Deebo and Georgey Porgey because those guys don’t have time to wait on the 49er’s future draft picks IMO. If the 49ers were building that way heck they would be trading those 2. 

As for Carolina, they’re in disarray. They’re not a few draft picks away and it was stupid to trade away their star even if he’s not exactly a rookie either. They have no coach and no nothing and it’s only week 7. 

Some notes for today:

Clyde Edwards Hilare lost his starting RB job to Isiah Pacheco the Chiefs announced.

Russ is out today for the game vs the Jets. And his injury appears to be serious (possible torn ligaments)

Dolphins lost Nik Needham for the year as they put him on season ending IR.

There is a report being floated that the Panthers turned down an offer of 2 first round picks for Brian Burns

Obviously there is a lot missing from this report - if I had to guess it wasn't 2 first round picks in the 2023 draft

The only teams (at the moment) with 2 first round picks next year are

• Houston (owns Cleveland's pick)
  • Detroit (owns LA Rams' pick)
  • Seattle (owns Denver pick)
  • Philly (owns New Orleans' pick)

Houston and Detroit are going to be picking in the Top 5 so there is no way they are giving up that AND a second 1st rounder for Burns

Again, if both for next year, it was Philly who made the offer

Giants have lost two starting OL this game so far including 1st round pick Evan Neal who just got carted off.

So you can put a pin in today as the day the season went back to how it was expected to go