DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK SEVEN

RIPPA

In fact - this is an ugly ass week in general

The only game that features two winning teams is the Colts (3-2-1) at Titans (3-2)

It you say games that including two teams without losing records, then you expand to

• Falcons (3-3) at Bengals (3-3)
  • Seahawks (3-3) at Chargers (4-2)
  • Chiefs (4-2) at Niners (3-3)

(The Eagles, Bills, Vikings and Rams are all on bye this week which is part of the reason)

Delanie Walker - who hasn't played since 2019 - finally got around to officially retiring

He signed a one day contract with the Titans and the team will honor him at halftime of Sunday's game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Delanie Walker - who hasn't played since 2019 - finally got around to officially retiring

He signed a one day contract with the Titans and the team will honor him at halftime of Sunday's game

Another member of the "everybody has had me on their fantasy lineup for at least a couple of weeks hall of fame."

• Like 1

Hey, I'm old enough to remember when Mike Tomlin was beatified for saying HE KEEPS PLAYERS SAFE FROM CONCUSSIONS.  I'm also old enough to remember when Tua and Teddy were forced to be limited in practice because they were still in Protocol.  

Really fucking curious...  ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hey, I'm old enough to remember when Mike Tomlin was beatified for saying HE KEEPS PLAYERS SAFE FROM CONCUSSIONS.  I'm also old enough to remember when Tua and Teddy were forced to be limited in practice because they were still in Protocol.  

Really fucking curious...  ?

Its ok to be a Dolphins fan and also accept that they did something stupid that will cause them to be the butt of jokes for at least the next five weeks until something dumber happens. The Protocol is what it is, the Steelers will follow it during the week just like other teams do, whatever the different phases are. Some steps allow practicing, some don't. They don't have any choice. There is no conspiracy.

8 hours ago, supremebve said:

I've said it multiple times, I don't respect anyone who's job is more important to them than their family. It's just narcissism via capitalism. 

It’s never that simple.  And it’s not really fair to judge a person when all you know about his life is what you read online.  It’s gross, actually.

These games aren’t hype machines, but there will be good games and the heat will be off the chain for the ones you’re invested in. The struggling teams want to win the winnable game, the middle teams want to take the next step, etc. 

I don’t have anything to say about Brady’s drama, let alone anything to judge him about concerning that drama. There’s plenty of that to do over the wussiest unnecessary roughness call I’ve ever seen. I hope he takes a shit the rest of the season. 

Why is Tomlin stuck on Pickett? He sucked besides that first drive and Trubisky is a big reason they won that game. Claypool’s numbers are being overanalyzed. TEs numbers go up and down depending on the quarterback. Vernon Davis was an example and he was always good.

Edited by BloodyChamp

On 10/19/2022 at 12:11 AM, madl said:

It’s never that simple.  And it’s not really fair to judge a person when all you know about his life is what you read online.  It’s gross, actually.

I'm just judging on what the people in the situation have expressed publicly. I'm sure it's more complex than what either of them has said,  but they've decided to open this particular window into their lives. I honestly don't understand the phenomenon of people who treat their jobs like the most important part of their lives. It's really common for people who are far less famous than Tom Brady, and I'm commenting on that phenomenon more than Tom Brady.  Of course I don't know everything that's going on in that particular relationship,  but that's not really the point. The point is,  I think the people in your life should be more important than your job. Your job doesn't love you, those people probably do,  therefore they should take priority in my eyes. 

• Like 3