DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 10/17 - 10/23/2022

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For years, I'd heard the reason R-Truth kept surviving all the roster cuts was because Vince personally protected him and thought he was hilarious.  

I'd been wondering if that was gonna change with the new regime.  Well, it looks like we have an answer:

HELL of a promo by Shelton too.  

That was such a good promo. I only wish it was on Raw and leading to something like a match with Seth for the US Title.

43 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Reportedly King of the Ring will be revived as PLE next year. The last KOTR ppv was in 2002. It was revived for one night in 2015 as livestreaming event.

Always thought it was weird they stopped using KOTR as PPV/PLE. Glad to see it coming back as one. Wonder if they bring back the Queen's Crown tournament as well.

24 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That was such a good promo. I only wish it was on Raw and leading to something like a match with Seth for the US Title.

Always thought it was weird they stopped using KOTR as PPV/PLE. Glad to see it coming back as one. Wonder if they bring back the Queen's Crown tournament as well.

Few reasons were given out why KOTR was scrapped as PPV or yearly event, primary to Vince it was about money the shows would make.

There were also aborted plans for the Ruthless Agression era that influenced decisions of that time.

Edited by Blue Dragon
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For years, I'd heard the reason R-Truth kept surviving all the roster cuts was because Vince personally protected him and thought he was hilarious.  

I'd been wondering if that was gonna change with the new regime.  Well, it looks like we have an answer:

HELL of a promo by Shelton too.  

Excellent! I was a huge fan of Shelton Benjamin when I last saw him (as part of Team Angle back in the early aughts). Judging by the response here I'm assuming he can still 'wheel and deal'? A C show promo doesn't indicate there's any support behind this, but I'm happy to wait and see.  

• Like 1

I'll get excited about KOTR if they announce all three rounds will take place in the same night. If it's just going to be the semis or finals then there's basically nothing distinguishing it from any other show.

That said, what have the best KOTRs been?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Holy crap!  They are starting off hot!  Sheamus versus Solo Sikoa!  Sheamus has turned his little corner of the WWE into New BattlARTS.  Oh man, this match is fucking great.  Holy shit, that was fucking great Lariat to get Sheamus on offense.  Sikoa's Toprope Samoan Drop and Sheamus takes the hit and lands on his BAD SHOULDER!  Man, this match is completely STIFF.  THINGS GO CRAZY AT RINGSIDE!  Sikoa with the Spinning Uranagi for the win! Postmatch, the Bloodline destroys Sheamus' arm and we have a fullblown feud!  That was awesome.  It's Liv Morgan!  SHE'S HARDCORE!  And it looks like Sonya Deville is going through another table.  Deville is great.  She isn't afraid to kick Morgan in the head.  This match is good.  Deville got the memo from Sheamus that on Smackdown they are laying it in.  Liv Morgan goes crazy and it goes to a double countout SO MORGAN CAN GO HARDCORE!  SUPERPLEX (the third hardest move to take according to Jordynn Grace) ONTO A WAD OF CHAIRS!  That was fun.  SHOTZI TANK!  Raquel Rodriguez will beat the crap out of IYO SKY and Dakota Kai.  Rodriguez is also VADER.  It is some elaborate tag team thing by Shotzi and Rodriguez.  Great Corner Cannonball by Shotzi.  Shotzi isn't afraid to almost kill herself by diving off Raquel's shoulders to the floor.  Kai bumps all over the ring for Shotzi.  After the hot tag, Rodriguez crushes IYO and Kai until IYO hits a Toprope DDT!  Then there are many fun nearfalls!  Bayley CHEATS!  IYO SKY hits a near perfect Moonsault for the win!  That was good.  It's Ludwig Kaiser taking on Rey Mysterio.  Oh man, Rey bumps big to the floor and Kaiser CRUSHES him with a European Uppercut.  Rey kicks Kaiser dead in the face after hitting some classic Mysterio spots.  Kaiser is great working a Mysterio match.  GUNTHER is fucking AWESOME being INCENSED about being sent to the back!  GUNTHER throws good fit.  Fun nearfall and then Rey with a Rana and a 619 for the win!  That was good.  Ludwig Kaiser was great in that match.  That was a fun episode of Professional Wrestling.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jamal said:

Really enjoyed the women's tag match. In the battle of makeshift teams, I prefer Raquel and Shotzi over Raquel and Aliyah. 

I like Aliyah because she is less effective and polished as Shotzi, so it really works when she is our sympathetic babyface getting stomped by the heels, thus making for hotter tags with Raquel Rodriguez.  It's a different dynamic.  Shotzi doesn't seem like she needs to completely rely on Rodriguez to save her in the match.  They should definitely call up Roxanne Perez to tag with Rodriguez because she is even better than Aliyah at being a sympathetic babyface.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I'll get excited about KOTR if they announce all three rounds will take place in the same night. If it's just going to be the semis or finals then there's basically nothing distinguishing it from any other show.

That said, what have the best KOTRs been?

King of the Ring 1993 is still the best by far thanks to Bret Hart vs. Razor Ramon, Mr. Perfect and Bam Bam Bigelow.

• Like 1

Sheamus/Solo was good fun, and I dug the the post match angle with the Bloodline trying to break Sheamus's arm. We totally need these teams going at next month in WarGames. The backstage segment with them celebrating the beating was great.

Liv/Sonya was solid. Kind of dug the slightly crazed masochist gimmick Liv has going on. The dq ending and beatdown on Sonya post match worked well into it. Have to admit if any woman got this gimmick in WWE I kind of thought it would Shotzi with how crazy she bumps.

Io/Dakota vs. Raquel/Shotzi was good. nice chemistry and team work from both teams with some neat double teams in the first half. Kind of hope we get a bigger rematch later on.

Rey/Kaiser was super fun. The two worked together better than expected with Kaiser really leaning to Rey's kind of match and bumping well for him. Dug the odes to Eddie.

4 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I'd rather guys not have to wrestle 3 times in one night so I'm hoping its just the semis and finals. Besides the distinguishment will be more how the show is sold alongside the importance of the tournament. If the finals are the main event then I don't see an issue.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Sheamus/Solo was good fun, and I dug the the post match angle with the Bloodline trying to break Sheamus's arm. We totally need these teams going at next month in WarGames. The backstage segment with them celebrating the beating was great.

Liv/Sonya was solid. Kind of dug the slightly crazed masochist gimmick Liv has going on. The dq ending and beatdown on Sonya post match worked well into it. Have to admit if any woman got this gimmick in WWE I kind of thought it would Shotzi with how crazy she bumps.

Io/Dakota vs. Raquel/Shotzi was good. nice chemistry and team work from both teams with some neat double teams in the first half. Kind of hope we get a bigger rematch later on.

Rey/Kaiser was super fun. The two worked together better than expected with Kaiser really leaning to Rey's kind of match and bumping well for him. Dug the odes to Eddie.

On the bold, settle down EivionEtico :).

I can see Rousey vs. Morgan rematch at Crown Jewel with Rousey bringing back the gi instead of the body suits the women who wrestle there have to wear.

Looking forward to GUNTHER/Mysterio and yes, Bloodline vs. Brawling Brutes we need inside WarGames.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

FfojaiVUoAAtCBF?format=jpg&name=900x900

Sami's rise to Main Event was a slow evolution of him being awesome at everything he was given. The Mania Jackass match cemented Sami as a Made Man and here we are.  
The kid I saw at JAPW with his pals making their first American trip is now Big Time Main Event on WWE . It's awesome. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

King of the Ring 1993 is still the best by far thanks to Bret Hart vs. Razor Ramon, Mr. Perfect and Bam Bam Bigelow.

Yoko winning the title was pretty fun, too. My buddy and I seemed to be the only ones in the building who were celebrating.

• Like 1

Goldberg contract expires this year. Maybe he can go to AEW and take the World title off Jon Moxley.

Anyway two more NXTs are in the works, NXT Japan and NXT Mexico. But both are farther down the road, NXT Europe has to do good first before any other future brands are considered.