DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2022 - WEEK EIGHT

DEAN

32 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I just watched USC/Utah.  Cameron Rising is the greatest name in the history of football.

I told my youngest son and he said, "If he has sons, he should name them Scorpio and Christbait."  Kids.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Ever see something so grotesque it actually becomes funny?  

I think it’s tacky,  but, on the other hand, I think it’s dumb to let your drunken yahoo fanbase destroy property.so maybe asking fans to pay for stuff they destroy will curb some of the more obnoxious behavior.   

Spencer Sanders may be out for Oklahoma State this week against Texas. Which means that UT would end up facing both Oklahoma teams back-up QBs this year. BTW, the back-up is Mike Gundy's son, a walk-on with only a couple of D1 offers, their back-up the previous 2 seasons portaled out in January.

Thinking about it, A&M also got to face their top opponent Alabama's back-up (and lost).

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Ever see something so grotesque it actually becomes funny?   

?

Personally I'd be stunned if they didn't already have multiple sets of goalposts ready to plant... especially with the anticipation (and realization) of beating Bama and needing them. It's just a fun way to get some fundraising in and troll the Tide in the process.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Personally I'd be stunned if they didn't already have multiple sets of goalposts ready to plant... especially with the anticipation (and realization) of beating Bama and needing them. It's just a fun way to get some fundraising in and troll the Tide in the process.

They literally posted pictures last week of them preparing a new set of goalposts. 

• Like 2

So Michigan State is 3-3.

They are at Michigan, at Illinois, home for Rutgers, home for Indiana, and at Penn State.

They are going to have to pull off at least one huge road upset just to get Bowl Eligible. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

So Michigan State is 3-3.

They are at Michigan, at Illinois, home for Rutgers, home for Indiana, and at Penn State.

They are going to have to pull off at least one huge road upset just to get Bowl Eligible. 

How much is Mel Tucker making per win? He's stealing almost as much money as Jimbo Fisher.

At this rate, Mel should be sending half of every paycheck to Kenneth Walker III.

He might end up being a good coach, who knows. But man he was in the right time and right place to get that extension way before it made sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EVA said:

Truly one of the stupidest contracts in CFB history. At least Jimbo has a natty to his name. Mel has never even won a division.

Last Fall was a great time to be a head coach.

10-2 at the time with a 2-0 record against Michigan. What an overreaction. 

I love it. I hope they're 4-8 every year. 

But it still wouldn't surprise me if they beat Michigan this year. 

• Like 1

I think Mel’s a pretty good coach, but not a hundred million GUARANTEED good coach. At least he hasn’t proven anything close to that yet. I think Kenneth Walker’s excellence briefly created a misconception that Mel was further along with the MSU rebuild than he actually is.

WR Jermaine Burton may be in some hot water for striking a couple fans on his way off the field after Alabama's loss to Tennessee.  Neither fan did anything to Burton. I say "may" be in trouble because Tricky Nicky's comments about it seem to place a lot of blame on the people themselves and Tennessee. I suppose that's fair. They shouldn't have been on the field. 

I suspect we'll get a "we take this very seriously. Jermaine is suspended for the second half of our 2029 game against the Citadel." response. 

San Jose State RB Camdan McWright was killed when riding an electric scooter after being hit by a school bus.

The San Jose State/New Mexico State game tonight has been postponed

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Kansas is back to same ole KU without Daniels. Down 28-3 at the half.

Meanwhile Iowa reached 10 points* in a half vs Ohio State.

* - because of a defensive touchdown

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

San Jose State RB Camdan McWright was killed when riding an electric scooter after being hit by a school bus.

The bus apparently had a green light and he just rode right in front of it.