DVDVR Message Board

POLL 10/8-10/14/2022- WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK! LOTSA WRESTLING!

DEAN

WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• Dax Harwood/ Cash Wheeler/ Shawn Spears vs Tao Liona/ Bishop Kaun/ Brian Cage- RAMPAGE
    • Tonga Twins vs Princess Aussie/ Tiki Chamorro- WOW
    • Claudio Castagnoli/ Jon Moxley vs the Butcher and the Blade- RAMPAGE
    • Maya Fukuda/ Michio Miyagi vs Mika Iwata/ Tomoka Inaba- GLEAT
    • Yutani/ Demonic Flamita vs Gravity/ Viajero- Big Lucha
    • Komander/ Bandido vs Soma Watanabe/ Kaz Hayashi- GLEAT
    • Brandon Cutler vs El Serpentico- AEW Elevation
    • Trish Adora vs Emi Sakura- AEW Elevation
    • Johnny Gargano vs Austin Theory- RAW
    • Matt Riddle vs Sami Zayn- RAW
    • Candice LeRae vs Bayley- RAW
    • Laredo Kid vs Taurus vs El Hijo del Vikingo- AAA
    • Marina Shafir vs Hikaru Shida- AEW DARK
    • Will Ospreay vs David Finlay- New Japan on AXS
    • Rey Mysterio vs Ricochet vs Sheamus vs Solo Sikoa- SMACKDOWN
    • Action Andretti vs QT Marshall- AEW DARK
    • Brandon Cutler vs Kip Sabian- AEW DARK
    • Toni Storm vs Emi Sakura- AEW DARK
    • Cole Karter/ Aaron Solo vs Matt Sydel/ Dante Martin- AEW DARK
    • Valentina Feroz vs Indi Hartwell- NXT
    • Axiom vs Nathan Frazer- NXT
    • Edris Enofé/ Malik Blade vs Josh Briggs/ Brooks Jensen vs The Dyad- NXT
    • Ilja Dragunov vs Grayson Waller- NXT
    • Alba Fyre vs Jacy Jayne- NXT
    • Team Big Lucha vs Team Welcome To Mi Barrio- Welcome To Mi Barrio
    • PAC vs Orange Cassidy- DYNAMITE
    • Puma de Oro vs Tonalli- IWRG
    • Chris Jericho vs Bryan Danielson- DYNAMITE
    • Toni Storm/ Hikaru Shida vs Jamie Hayter/ Britt Baker- DYNAMITE
    • Luchasaurus vs Jungle Boy- DYNAMITE
    • Shotzi/ Roxanne Perez/ Raquel Rodriguez vs Bayley/ IYO SKY/ Dakota Kai- SMACKDOWN
    • Las Toxicas (Flammer/ La Hiedra/ Maravilla) vs Lady Shani/ Reina Dorada/ Sexy Star- AAA
    • El Hijo del Vikingo/ Myzteziz Jr vs Dragon Lee/ Dralistico- AAA
    • Blue Panther/ Dark Panther vs Panterita del Ring/ Panterita del Ring Jr- CMLL
    • Dragon Rojo Jr/ Mistico/ Stuka Jr vs El Soberano Jr/ Euforia/ Titan- CMLL
    • Taya Valkyrie vs KiLynn King- NWA Powerrr
    • Josh Alexander vs Bobby Fish- IMPACT!
    • Kenny King vs Laredo Kid vs Crazzy Steve vs Black Taurus vs Trey Miguel vs Yuya Uemura vs Alex Zayne- IMPACT!
    • VXT (Chelsea Green/ Deonna Purrazzo) / Gisele Shaw vs The Death Dollz (Jessicka/ Rosemary/ Taya Valkyrie)- IMPACT!
    • Sami Zayn vs Kofi Kingston- SMACKDOWN

This poll is closed to new votes

Oh man!  I had to cut some quality wrestling to get this number down to forty this week.  I had to cut the Flip Gordon match from NWA and I am HEARTBROKEN that I had to cut the King and Kong match from Big Lucha.  I also had to wholesale cut all kinds of DARK and ELEVATION matches which was somehow pound for pound better than Dynamite and Rampage this week.  As for my VOTE!  I go with PAC versus Orange Cassidy.  That smoked everything else on free TV.  In regards to the WWE, I would go with either Axiom/Nathan Frazer or the Roxanne Perez debut on Smackdown, though they once again had a barrage of good to very good matches this week.  There was a LOT of good Lucha Libre this week.  Panterita del Ring Jr and Sr and Dark and Blue Panther had a fucking AWESOME match in CMLL.  There was a great three way with Vikingo, Laredo Kid and Black Taurus.  Plus Komander was all over the place.  The best Fringe match was between the WOW tag match and the AWESOME KiLynn King vs Taya Valkyrie match from NWA Powerrr,  It is a great time to be a fan of the Professional Wrestling.

EDIT:  And Josh Alexander vs Bobby Fish was the best televised Josh Alexander match so far.

• Like 2

• DEAN pinned this topic

Voted for Vikingo/Laredo Kid/Taurus. 

I don't normally like the triple threat formula of "one guy sells on the outside while the other two wrestle" but they at least had the decency to commit straight murder to get someone to sell on the outside. I'm convinced that Vikingo is some kind of space alien with some of the stuff he does but it was Taurus who impressed me the most in this match. 

• Like 1

Surprised you left off Ospreay/Finlay. Was totally going with it unless one of the lucha matches impressed me when I finally caught a few of them. With that not on the board Axiom/Frazer will probably end up my pick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Surprised you left off Ospreay/Finlay. 

HA!  I'm surprised too!  Let me fix that.

EDIT:  I added it. Sorry Brian Cage vs Papadon.  If you want to change your vote, hit the "Show Vote Options" button at the bottom of the ballot.

• Like 1

Still mulling this one over, probably going with Cassidy vs. PAC just because their feud has been simmering for so long and their characters mesh just as well as the work does. Even if I was geeking over Panterita Jr. & Blue Panther's cool "flyer vs. vet" conversation.

I've seen a very good amount of El Hijo del Vikingo matches and I need some talking down from this ledge - I think he's wack. He lacks the physical charisma and communication that makes for a great babyface. His rope-jumping serves no offensive purpose and just makes his opponent look stupid. He does power moves he can't execute properly to dudes way taller than him. He's already slowing down. I just don't get it.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1

Caught GLEAT, AAA, & CMLL matches.

The GLEAT matches were fine, but nothing amazing. Did enjoy seeing Komander for the first time and Bandido again. Also nice to see Kaz a decade after last catching him still being pretty good. 

Didn't think much of AAA's women's match. The Toxicas seem decent enough but that was about it. The men's tag was fun for the most part though I'm kind of with @John E. Dynamiteon Vikingo. I don't dislike him and find him damn impressive as an athlete. That said, the connection isn't always there and he seems to go too far sometimes, focused too much on doing cool shit. He wans;t as bad in that triple threat though I left more impressed by Taurus who I was seeing for the first time and Laredo Kid who took some crazy bumps along with picking some decent moments to be dick.

Panthers vs. Panteritas was fun despite Blue Panther being so incredibly slow most of the time when it came to the action. Still, I dug how he pumped up the crowd and some of the character bits he did. Dug the finish leading to the draw. The six man tag was good fun. Had no idea Mistico became Mistico again.

Overall still sticking with Ospreay/Finlay in the nd. I don't think anything else really came close to it though I can understand people choosing PAC/OC. It was good, but I don't think its really even top five. That said, with the connection people have made watching that feud over the years I can hardly blame them. I could feel the history, and that was only the second time I caught any sort of match between the two.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Panthers vs. Panteritas was fun despite Blue Panther being so incredibly slow most of the time when it came to the action. Still, I dug how he pumped up the crowd and some of the character bits he did.

He looks good for being 62.

Had to get some love in for Impact! A really good TV main event. I don't know if Fish is doing more with Impact but I'd like to see it.

Outside of Impact, my 2nd choice would actually be Andretti/QT. For a match on Dark with an unsigned talent, that was blow-away great. 

• Like 2

• DEAN unpinned this topic