DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 10/14/2022

The Natural

On 10/15/2022 at 2:25 PM, hobo joe said:

Like most people I stopped watching ROH around... 2010ish, so I've only recently discovered Dalton Castle.

Holy Shit, this dude rocks. Why don't we have more 70s era, Charles Nelson Reilly-esque queens in pro wrestling?

I'm always gonna remember an ROH show I attended where Castle started off a face promo by sternly chiding the whole crowd for being out late on a school night.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Apparently he’s a really nice guy and had a heartfelt post-show promo but Shawn Spears calling someone else a charisma vacuum sure is some irony (even if he’s right). Bringing him back and having FTR and Wardlow accept him back no problem was weird. Him wrestling in some new old gimmick with no explanation was weird. I zoned out during his segments with Cage, they’re just the definition of mid to me. Gates of Agony, on the other hand, are awesome and they made the match. Post-match highlight was Matt Taven’s pee-pee pants.

Opener was a lot of fun, Mox and Claudio have a sort of odd couple chemistry to them. How often is Blade going to be the smallest guy in an AEW tag team match?

I thought Garcia’s explanation was pretty good myself, he has a sort of goofy bro energy to him. I love Dalton Castle and the Boys and that was such a great promo, it got the crowd to turn on Jericho. Looking forward to that match.

What I like most about Nyla stealing the TBS title is that we get to have interesting, solid, competitive (or semi-competitive) matches now. I hope she keeps defending it the rest of the year. Anna Jay really does lean into the sports entertainment factor, at times she had almost a GLOW feel to her in-ring mannerisms. Jade stiffed the shit out of security.

I have no strong opinions about Ethan Page either way. I enjoyed his toy hunting vlog but he seems like he’d be better off in WWE. Kassidy deserved a little more of a competitive match, although he should thank Page for saving him from a hard fall on the tornillo.

• Like 2