DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 10/14/2022

The Natural

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

The Thursday taping nature has me spoiled. I won't say anything but it's a bit of a bummer 2.0 didn't even get a Dark match (though they were featured a few times including seconding Jericho on Weds).

Isn’t one of them still injured?

One of these days I'm going to get a Butcher and the Blade win on Dynamite and/or Rampage.  In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy them having good to great matches.  I think Butcher has a far higher ceiling than Blade (a sentiment I've seen shared by many people here), but I feel like they should've gotten some high profile W's, or a short tag run.

and more Nyla on my TV, the better.

Edited by StuntmanCrowley
  • Like 3

This opening match needed the introductions so here you go:

Claudio chucks Blade over the table!  Oh man, Claudio is such a strong dude- what a SWEET Vertical Suplex on the Butcher.  We revel in the glow of picture in picture as Claudio becomes our face in peril.  Will the crowd turn on the Bunny and get behind Claudio's STRUGGLE to escape the burley Southern heel offense of the Butcher and the Blade?!  And they do.  MOX is great as the lunatic MAN A-FIRE!  Great part where all four face off.  RICOLLA BOMB!  FOR THE WIN!  That was fun!  Oh, just turn heel already, Keith Lee!  HEY! IT'S STU GRAYSON!  Rush versus Preston Vance will be good.  Anna JAS quotes DUSTY RHODES!  Daniel Garcia is ELECTRIC!  DALTON CASTLE!  THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME!  Oh this is SO great.  Nyla is so awesome with the TBS belt.  Anna JAS lays it in!  Nyla already lays it in.  Nyla with a Beast Bomb!  That was perfectly fine.  JADE CARGILL IS WARDLOW!  NO SECURITY GUARD IS SAFE!  Ethan Page is OVER in Canada!  FTR is my favorite thing in wrestling right now.  Actually, for a while now.  Gates of Agony are the new Faces Of Fear if the Barbarian was COMPLETELY insane.  Shawn Spears is our FACE!?!? in peril.  Speares is taking an assbeating like a champ.  Toa Liona is fucking CRAZY.  Dax is our Robert Gibson.  TRIPLE SHARPSHOOTERS IN TORONTO!  Things happen!  Spears gets the win with a Death Valley Driver!  Holy Shit!  Matt Taven and Mike Bennett!  AWESOME!  The Kingdom versus FTR will be good.  The Embassy evens up the numbers.  Actually, I'm guessing a five on five for the next ROH PPV.  The wrestling this episode was perfectly fine.  The Dalton Castle, Stu Grayson and the Kingdom appearance was the good stuff.  AEW RULES THE FUCKING WORLD!

• Like 8

Eating your words: That was probably the best Butcher and Blade match ever. They were fine down the stretch and even had some FTR double teams while also pushing the Southern Tag Ring Cutoff. No complaints. 

Spears is still a weirdo and needs to shave off his beard and mohawk. You can't have them at the same time, folks. Learned that the hard way... It doesn't help when Joe is running in looking like a middle manager at Costco with his dress shirt and khakis. You aren't Ernie Ladd my dude! 

Jericho/Dalton should be great. Nyla gotta keep truckin'. Very happy to see Renee back. The Kanellis group is the definition of human vanilla ice cream.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

The Kanellis group is the definition of human vanilla ice cream.

The Kingdom are the Best Possible Good Brothers.  When they are actually in the ring, they are so good.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Spears is still a weirdo and needs to shave off his beard and mohawk. You can't have them at the same time, folks.

Road Warrior Animal would have words with you.

Besides, beard+mohawk is all part of the gimmick collector gimmick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think The Butcher & The Blade are the best possible Good Brothers. 

OH MAN! SETTLE IT IN THE RING!  AEW ELEVATION MAIN EVENT, DADDY!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3