DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 10/12/2022

2 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

Pleased to meet you, my name is Gordi. 

It was definitely true in the case of Bret Hart, but maybe exclusively with him. It's not like we get massively confused about who to cheer for if Sylvain Granier is fighting Jinder Mahal or something.

Bret and Owen were definitely "my guys. Edge, however, was never at any point "my guy." 

Ron Garvin was  briefly one of my guys, but at that point I wasn't aware he was Canadian.

John Tenta, Bad News Allen, Chi Chi Cruz, Vance Nevada, Quiet Storm, Abdullah the Butcher, El Phantasmo, and many many others are my guys because I have met them and they were nice to me. That's probably tied into them being Canadian.

I am generally the high voter on Gene Kiniski, Don Leo Jonathan, and Archie Gouldie due to nostalgia based on my being Canadian and also old.

I like Lance Storm more because he's (western) Canadian. I like Sammy Zayn equally well whether I think of him as Canadian or Syrian. I met him once, in Japan, and he tried to kayfabe that he wasn't el Generico. 

Test, Petey Williams, Don Callis, Steve Corino, Tyson Dux, Gilles "the Fish" Poisson, the Rougeaus, Tiger Ali Singh, Davey Boy Jr., Shawn Spears, and Rick Bognar are not my guys even though a couple of them are really good.

Michael Elgin is definitely not my guy.

I like Phil Lafon, The Bollywood Boys, Dino Bravo, Rick Martell, Leo Burke, The Vachons, and Luther more because they are Canadian. I wouldn't go so far as to call them my guys, though. Maybe Luther. 

Yeah, Luther is my guy.

I have no strong opinions either way about Paul Diamond or Ethan Page. 

2.0 are my guys, but more because they are amusing than because they are Canadian.

Bryan, Ishii, Mad King, MiSu, Shida, Maki Ito, Takumi Iroha, Takeshita, Zeus, Kuuga, Fenix, Bear Boulder, JD Drake, Toa Liona, and Orange are all my guys despite none of them being Canadian and a couple of them not being guys.

You’re just stealing from Meltzer’s Inoki obit?

• Haha 3

Ah Verizon and your shitty TV equipment.  Anyway.  Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy!  The table is in play!  The crowd is MOLTEN.  That's a lotta Canadians.  Uh, Christian.  The brain is an ORGAN and not a muscle.  U R A LIAR!  We go to picture in picture as Luchasaurus starts beating the crud out of Our Boy Jack.  I SECRETLY love the Battle Of The Insurance Commercials.  We come back and they TEASE the table.  SUNSET FLIP THROUGH THE TABLE!  Oh no!  I learned today from Jordynn Grace on Twitter that a Superplex is one the top three hardest things to take.  JB kicks out of a Chokeslam!  Crucifix Bomb FOR TWO!  Luchasaurus takes the nastiest Poison Rana III have ever seen.  Killswitch FOR TWO!  Snaretrap but Luchasaurus makes the ropes!   Basically a Superplex by a toprope Chokeslam so WE KNOW that had to suck.  Luchasaurus wins!  That was good.  WARJOE comes out and the Hosers go crazy!  NICKY BOY!  Warlow goes total Steiner with the suplexes.   Hey!  NICKY BOY! gets in some stuff.  BEAUTIFUL Swanton by Wardlow.  NICKY BOY doesn't do well after that.  The Embassy!  Brian Cage is ON THE STICK~!  FTR comes out and the hosers go CRAZY!  Shawn Speers?  Okay, he is Canadian.  I thought Dax was talking about Preston Vance, which would have been just as random.  The Canadians are into the Acclaimed!  Shane Strickland is wrestling at the pinnacle of heat in his career.  He is such a great heel.  I assume Keith Lee comes out and turns full heel.  This is the best Billy Gunn match in AEW.  Strickland is fucking great.  Tony Nese gets great heat by LOVING THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!  I assume it's Nese and Woods against the Acclaimed on Rampage for the intellectual property of scissoring!  That'll be good.  They HEAT UP the title match in Cincinnati that allows Hangman to go for the Emmy!  Jericho and Danielson go at it!  Oh man, Jericho IS Bret Hart!  We go picture in picture and OUR FACE IN PERIL is Chris Jericho!  Danielson wrestles extra heel and it's great.  Danielson is fucking awesome making the face while applying the Boston Crab.  Jericho with the Stevie Ray Death Valley Driver!  Man, this crowd is MOLTEN.  DANIEL GARCIA TURNS ON DANIELSON!  THE TURN!  YES THE TURN!  AWESOME!  THE CROWD GOES APE PUCKY!  So fucking AWESOME!  FOUR JILLION STARS!  Jamie Hayter and Britt Baker are OVER in Toronto!  JESUS CHRIST!  Toni Storm is fucking laying it in on Hayter.  Shida hits a fucking GNARLY Superplex on Hayter.  Hayter is soooooo the Booker T of that tag team.  That match was fucking great.  I assume Baker is getting the belt soon because she has put over everybody.  She looked good tonight for someone who was in with three people who are worlds ahead of her in the ring.  Orange Cassidy should have come out to Lay It On The Line by Triumph but JANE is good.  TI-CATS SUCK!  Pac is AWESOME fucking with OC.  JAYZEUS!  FALCON ARROW ON THE FLOOR!  So Pac is having the best in-ring week in the history of AEW.  Pac does the Pac DDT Sell on the floor!  And then in the ring! A LOT of stuff happens!   WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION!  That was fucking GREAT.  AEW RULES THE ENTIRE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD!  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Jamal said:

Women's tag match was aces. I'm assuming this leads to Shida/Storm? 

Oh yeah, they announced it during one of those auctioneer Excaliber Mountain Of Words.

• Like 2

Although, it was obviously coming, I'm disappointed Daniel Garcia turned on Danielson so quickly. I'm looking forward to see who dethrones Jericho and what other former ROH champions are brought in to bring the honor back to ROH. Homicide, Nigel McGuinness, Austin Aries, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Low Ki? 

My guess for which former ROH champion dethrones Jericho is a returning, babyface Adam Cole Bay-Bay. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Bryan Danielson is 0-3-1 in AEW World Championship/ROH World Championship matches losing to Adam Page, Jon Moxley and Chris Jericho. This makes me sad. Bryan should have won the AEW World Championship.

No he shouldn't have.

• Like 2