DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 10/12/2022

AEW IN CANADA!!!!

ROH World Champion Chris Jericho defends against Bryan Danielson

I think Danielson will be a huge crowd favourite despite Jericho being Canadian. Winnipeg is not Toronto. "Canada" is not a hometown. Everyone loves Bryan Danielson. 

Jungle Boy vs. Luchasaurus (w/ Christian Cage)

I feel like I should be more excited for this one. It's David vs Goliath with a back-story. We should be champing at the bit for this one. Maybe they turned the dinosaur too often? Hopefully they'll win us all over once they get going in the ring. 

Swerve Strickland vs. Billy Gunn

Yeah, sure, why not? Expect the unexpected. Presumably we'll get a big crowd-popping Acclaimed moment or two here.

Interim AEW Women's World Champion Toni Storm & Hikaru Shida vs. Britt Baker & Jamie Hayter

Downside: Only one women's match per network show. Upside: Every one of those matches has been awesome recently. Expect that streak to continue here. Looking forward to hearing the Toronto crowd's reaction to Hayter.

AEW All-Atlantic Champion PAC defends against Orange Cassidy

These guys match up really well and there has been some nice build to this one. Could steal the show. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• DEAN changed the title to Dynamite - 10/12/2022

Most looking forward to Chris Jericho vs. Bryan Danielson 3. I expected more from the All Out 2022 match. The second match on AEW Dynamite, 14th September 2022 was much better, I'd say it was Chris Jericho's best AEW match replacing Jericho vs. Kingston, AEW Revolution, 6th March 2022 on my Birthday. Here's hoping this is the best entry!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Gordlow said:

ROH World Champion Chris Jericho defends against Bryan Danielson

I think Danielson will be a huge crowd favourite despite Jericho being Canadian. Winnipeg is not Toronto. "Canada" is not a hometown. Everyone loves Bryan Danielson. 

Daddy Magic says otherwise.

I'm very torn on who to believe here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have an awesome time @Infinit and @HarryArchieGus !!!

Great card on paper, and I agree with @Gordlow that these women's tags have absolutely been killing it lately (for the non-Dark/Elevation watchers, there have been a bunch of good ones on there lately, too. Even the squashes have been fun, and now that Willow finally got a main roster spot, I'm firmly on the 'Sign Trish Adora' train. And for the sake of both gender equality, and indulging the ADHD urge to include massive parentheticals in every post, I'll mention that the next man to be signed ought to be Action Andretti).

Main event will be a lot of fun, but I've gotta agree with @The Natural - I don't see Jericho/Danielson topping that last TV match. Both dudes' entire torsos were made of chop meat by the end of that thing.

Overall, I'm most looking forward to Pac/OC III stealing the show as usual, and then reading the online reactions of those who are desparately clinging to the idea of pretending they didn't - I guess it's the troll in me.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
Jesus, I couldn't tag y'all right if you were laying in a morgue...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

OC has to finally win this one, right? He’s where Jungle Boy was before the tag title win…you can only lose the big one so many times, or lose to Pac a third time in a row 

I think OC loses here again via ring bell hammer or whatever, but we get Death Triangle tension because Lucha Bros are uncomfortable with Pac's chicanery, which leads to an eventual Best Friends Trios title win as the 'actual' blowoff (and you'll keep DT looking somewhat strong in that one because they'll only lose there due to a miscommunication, or because the Bros are babyfacing it up begging Pac not to cheat). Then you can transition to Pac vs Fenix, or a three way DEATH TRIANGLE EXPLODES for the AA title or something, while OC and the BFs get their due with the six mans.

Editing to say that I agree that delaying an OC/BFs win any longer only serves/proves your 'can only lose the big one so many times' point further, but gun to my head, I think this might be where we're heading 

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

FevMVxHWYAodARt?format=jpg&name=small

Look like Good Ole won the battle of "what to call Jungle Boy Jack"

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

Daddy Magic says otherwise.

I'm very torn on who to believe here.

Every Canadian I've ever met agrees with Daddy magic!

BTW, I still think something's up. Rampage is lagging in ticket sales (the show doesn't even exist in Canada!) and the only thing they've (they being Jericho himself) announced is that Jericho will come out to Judas on Thursday but not Wednesday, and that's with some matches (like Matt Hardy vs Ethan Page) all but set up last week. We haven't gotten this close to a Rampage taping with nothing announced since it first started.

I'm not willing to bet on Omega being there tonight, but I do strongly suspect it.

EDIT: I also find it weird that no one else finds this weird even when the entirety of the wrestling internet was hunting for Bray Wyatt easter eggs with hidden codes or something for the last two months.

Edited by Matt D
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, (BP) said:

If anyone from the Elite is back this soon that means they’ve either secretly resolved everything and/or Punk will be back in some capacity too. 

I get what you're saying but how would being back wrestling be all that different from Omega fulfilling his AEW Games responsibilities in Japan? I'm also not necessarily saying the Bucks either. Cutler's back wrestling. Daniels was on 'Ey EW. They did the Bucks shoes promotion and promoted it on the twitter and even talked about it on commentary when Cutler was around.

Something weird is going on that's costing them ticket sales for tomorrow. My guess is that they want to hide the reveal of Omega coming back. If anyone has a different idea, I'm happy to hear it.

The only other possibility is "Tony said that he got a really good deal on the arena but he's looking at the taping as an afterthought," which isn't really like him, even if he did say he got a good deal.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Also, I'm a little surprised they're not doing anything with the Owen Hart Foundation tonight, but then this goes back to us all thinking that all Canadians know one another or something.

My buddy is wearing an Owen Hart Calgary Hitmen jersey tonight...I'll tweet a pic of it later.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zendragon said:

Every Canadian I've ever met agrees with Daddy magic!

Pleased to meet you, my name is Gordi. 

It was definitely true in the case of Bret Hart, but maybe exclusively with him. It's not like we get massively confused about who to cheer for if Sylvain Granier is fighting Jinder Mahal or something.

Bret and Owen were definitely "my guys. Edge, however, was never at any point "my guy." 

Ron Garvin was  briefly one of my guys, but at that point I wasn't aware he was Canadian.

John Tenta, Bad News Allen, Chi Chi Cruz, Vance Nevada, Quiet Storm, Abdullah the Butcher, El Phantasmo, and many many others are my guys because I have met them and they were nice to me. That's probably tied into them being Canadian.

I am generally the high voter on Gene Kiniski, Don Leo Jonathan, and Archie Gouldie due to nostalgia based on my being Canadian and also old.

I like Lance Storm more because he's (western) Canadian. I like Sammy Zayn equally well whether I think of him as Canadian or Syrian. I met him once, in Japan, and he tried to kayfabe that he wasn't el Generico. 

Test, Petey Williams, Don Callis, Steve Corino, Tyson Dux, Gilles "the Fish" Poisson, the Rougeaus, Tiger Ali Singh, Davey Boy Jr., Shawn Spears, and Rick Bognar are not my guys even though a couple of them are really good.

Michael Elgin is definitely not my guy.

I like Phil Lafon, The Bollywood Boys, Dino Bravo, Rick Martell, Leo Burke, The Vachons, and Luther more because they are Canadian. I wouldn't go so far as to call them my guys, though. Maybe Luther. 

Yeah, Luther is my guy.

I have no strong opinions either way about Paul Diamond or Ethan Page. 

2.0 are my guys, but more because they are amusing than because they are Canadian.

Bryan, Ishii, Mad King, MiSu, Shida, Maki Ito, Takumi Iroha, Takeshita, Zeus, Kuuga, Fenix, Bear Boulder, JD Drake, Toa Liona, and Orange are all my guys despite none of them being Canadian and a couple of them not being guys.

• Like 4