DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 6

Dolfan in NYC

Has a defensive line ever won a game by themselves before? They’ve batted the last 87,544 passes that weren’t completions, and one that was a completion. And the few completions the Steelers have had since the first drive have been called back because of holds. And just like 1 batted pass was a completion, one holding penalty wasn’t enough to keep the guy being held from hitting the quarterback and injuring him. 

Just now, dogwelder said:

With how many times announcers mention the 'extra second' non-rule when the play clock reaches zero each week it almost feels like the league is going to try to do something to crack down on it next year.

maybe that'll be next year's Pet Penalty.

[this year it's clearly been remembering "ineligible man downfield" exists]

I actually can’t believe they didn’t call PI on the 2 point conversion. They’ve called that hand on the WRs hip before, however ticky tack it might be. I would figure that it was a makeup call for the holding on the touchdown but I don’t buy that they do make up calls. I think the refs are just that stupid sometimes. 

15 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

It's way early, but Daboll has to be in the lead for Coach of the Year, yes?

I can't think of any coach that's done more with less. The Giants are suiting up practice squad wide receivers and still getting it done. They get out-thrown. They get out-run. But they don't get out-coached. This is a 1980s team in disguise. The New York motherfucking Giants are 5-1! But still in 3rd place at best at the end of tonight lol.

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

Good start by the Steelers and Pickett.   Pickett is getting his yards and offense but they have mostly wasted once they get to the opponents 30

Pickett finished with 67 yards off of 11 or 12 completions.  The rushing game was invisible most of the game and finished with  77 yards.  Trubisky came off the bench late in the game and accounted for more then half the Steelers offense (144 yards passing).

34 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

"We've secretly replaced Buffalo's red zone offense with Chicago's. Let's see if anyone notices."

The bills still have stretches of stink ass, like thus half, but can then just break out, like that last drive, to lead by 3. Such a shitty half. . .

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Robby Anderson has been ejected from the game.  By his own coaches because they were getting tired of his bitching 

So much for his trade value