DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel IV - 11/5/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Live from the place that brings you $5/gallon (or 5€/liter) gasoline... Year 5 of The Deal.

THE CARD~

FOR THE UNDISPUTED WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Roman Reigns (c) defeats Whichever Paul Brother This Is

LAST PERSON STANDING MATCH FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Bianca Bel Air (c) vs. Bayley

FOR THE UNDISPUTED TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Usos (c) vs. The Brawlin' Brutes (Butch / Holland)

FOR THE WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Damage CTRL (Sky / Kai) vs. Alexa Bliss / Asuka (c)

STEEL CAGE MATCH - Drew McIntyre vs. Karrion Kross

SIX MAN TAG - The Judgment Day (Priest / Balor / D. Mysterio) vs. Bullet Club USA (Styles / Gallows / Anderson)

Brock Lesnar vs. Bobby Lashley

Braun Strowman vs. Omos

--

* - Probable/Rumored

Is the Roman/ Paul match for both belts?

I could actually see them having a fuck finish and Roman drops one title.

If the Saudi Prince's nephew is a Logan Paul fan he might just buy him the title, even for a "Dusty Finish" that gets scrubbed out on SmackDown or something.

4 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Yes it is.  And I 99.999% doubt that Logan fucking Paul is going to be the one to end Roman's quest to get in the 1000 Day club. I don't care how many YouTube followers he has. 

He's looked better than he's had any right to be, but I'm going to give his opponents (mainly Miz) a fuckton of credit there.  

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 4:39 AM, L_W_P said:

I could actually see them having a fuck finish and Roman drops one title.

Time to do the Flair/Fujinami 1991 split as soon as we can figure out if there’s different rules for Raw and Smackdown matches

Yikes to that...  

Anyway:

So I'm calling it now.  The match will feature one of these two spots: 

1) Jake and Logan will put on masks sometime during the fight and they will do a Killer B's type switchout.  (If this is the finish, then its a Dusty finish and Roman gets the belt back due to outside interference.)

2) Whichever one of those two that's not in the fight will get accidentally bumped -> Nutshot -> Spear.  Roman retains.   Reigns moves on to Wargames.  Paul vs Paul at SurSer in the piss break match of the night. 

• Like 2

On 10/11/2022 at 6:52 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yes it is.  And I 99.999% doubt that Logan fucking Paul is going to be the one to end Roman's quest to get in the 1000 Day club. I don't care how many YouTube followers he has. 

He's looked better than he's had any right to be, but I'm going to give his opponents (mainly Miz) a fuckton of credit there.  

I so want a Logan Paul era.

Well, I'll take a swing. I sawr it. Sunday morning Superstars did not disappoint. FFWD as always was a trusty friend of WWE broadcasts (speaking mostly of looong entrances and lengthy recaps; I skimmed very little of the action here). Lashley v Lesnar was a nice addition to Hoss week! I think Brian Cage-Joe gets my vote, or at least a second view. I’m a sucker for a submission-into-pinfall-loss finish. Seems like a Heyman booking. This is my first SAUDI show and it wouldn’t be quite right not to be reminded by the full body suit women’s bouts. The weirdness subsides somewhere in there with Io and Asuka. And I don’t mind Flip floppin’ the titles around a little. I’m also a fan of a Nikki Cross push. I liked Kross-McIntyre just fine. Not seeing the potential for a top talent with Karrion just yet, but he's been reasonably good and enough to justify the try. I wouldn’t mind a McIntyre  character update – less Scottish warrior more Selleck - Magnum PI era. I dig this Judgment Day unit. Rheamania tho a little subdued here is bursting to run wild! Really smart booking with heel Dom, and he’s really making a good go of it! Omos-Strowman – Hoss of All Hosses on Hoss Week ALSO did not disappoint. Pete Dunne is the Magic Man that Ann and her sister Nancy Wilson were on about. No surprise, the Brutes and Usos put on a helluva contest. And then out comes the perfect wrestler Bayley! She’s got all the right heel moves and Belair is obviously a perfect babyface foil. It’s so rare that I’m not disappointed by a one on one ‘Hardcore’ match not being a straight up singles bout. This was not the case. These ladies laid out a beautiful match. I was worried a couple times there, and hope not to read of either ladies being injured from this. Bayley totally should have sold that table break miss longer. It looked horrific. Excellent finish to this that Bayley perfectly sold. Bray segments offer very little to my tastes, but I was making breakfast so I listened in, and this was fine until the spooky video. Nonetheless, I’m hoping (even tho I’ve only seen a couple NXT matches rom him that) his brother is the villain in the story. The Logan-Reigns main was fantastic. I think this might have been the first Roman Reigns match in full I’ve ever seen. I was impressed. Paul was impressive here too. Also impressive is the booking of Solo Sikoa. Really fun match to close out a really fun show. The Hunter Hearst Heyman era! Can't wait for the return of Cody boy! The AEDub fans angirly pushed him away, but the Universe loves him as much as me.

• Like 1