DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 10/10 - 10/16/2022

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, CastleVania Rey said:

I hear it's called "Shatter". It's by Code Orange.

It's FANTASTIC. THAT is an epic entrance song, holy crap.

I don't mind the song but it felt way too up tempo for Bray's entrance. Might grow on me but early feeling is a thumbs down.

I know Bray isn't the most popular guy here, but I love the guy.  I think he understands something about wrestling that not a lot of people truly get and that's just the spectacle/pageantry of it all.  He's never going to be the best in between the ropes but i don't think there has ever been a creative mind like his.  He's established an entire mythology around every incarnation of his characters and blended them all together.  I really can't wait to see what he does.  I spent that entire promo wondering if it was "real" or part of it all and that's awesome.  It was both.  That was a genuine heartfelt promo from a guy who obviously went through it over the past year and then it ended with an "angle" so he got to sincerely say thank you to fans while not killing the mystique of what he was trying to do.

I'm really damn glad he's back, and the reactions he is getting are incredible.  I have far more faith in HHH than I did with Vince with knowing what to do with Bray and after what Vince did to his characters, I don't think he would've come back unless he had that sense too.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

It was both.  That was a genuine heartfelt promo from a guy who obviously went through it over the past year and then it ended with an "angle" so he got to sincerely say thank you to fans while not killing the mystique of what he was trying to do.

I'm happy you enjoyed it. Not everything clicks for everyone, it's a cool feeling when something does click for you.

In my opinion tho, that was 3000% just him working. Here's how I determined that. Does Windham Rotunda speak like a cartoon cat? No he's a normal man with a normal speaking pattern. Was Bray speaking like a cartoon cat last night? 100%. Dude was doing weird pauses and odd noises between the pauses and speaking like a cartoon cat that lives on Bourbon st.

I've always liked Bray. Even in the ring. (Minus the no-sell Fiend phase). So I don't want it to sound like I'm critiquing out of dislike. I liked the Wyatt Family. I liked his work as cult Bray in ring. I loved the Fiend's entrance and presentation. I liked that debut squash against Balor before he went all no-sell Jones on everything. That promo just didn't hit for me. But I'm still open to good things possibly coming from it. He's creative AF.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Re: RAW
Tho, he might think I’m a liar for preferring AEW’s Television product to the current WWE, I’d like to discuss some of the WWE TV talk segments with Helwani, and see what it is he likes so much about them. Not to say I have complaints, I prefer less content when I'm skimming thru the WWE product. The talkies from Seth Rollins, the Edge, Roman Reigns and his Bloodline - I mostly only see in ffwd. Tho, I stop for Sami of course. Here in the opner I wouldn’t have had Gargano go over Theory, but I’m not complaining. I’m digging young Austin more and more each week. Oh man, Rey Mysterio v Chad Gable is an absolute dream come true. I knew what I was getting in for (time-wise), so wasn’t saddened by the lack and then story taking over. Dom and Rhea Ripley are always welcome on my screen. All the Judgement Day for that matter. As long as ‘Adam’ doesn’t get a mic we’re good! The Styles confrontation here was fun. I’m a fan of the antics of Anderson and Gallows, so glad to see them back! This brawl was short but sweet. Tho, they gotta figure out a way to not have Rhea suddenly in a pretend glass bubble where she can’t do anything. Ya know, Lerae really ought to be better introduced to the ‘universe’ with some sort of highlight/promo package. Crowd doesn’t seem to know what to make of her. Bayley obviously just rules. Really liked the post match beatdown of Belair here. Damager squad Controllers rule too. Io! Io! Io! Brrrrock Lesnar really has that redneck asshole thing down pat. Not sure there’s too many places outside the ‘Universe’ or the ‘Galaxy’ that ppl would feel all that warm to see him. Vintage Paul Heyman booking here with Brock, Bobby and Rollins. And I love it! Title change included. I won’t not ffwd Rollins promos, but all eyes on his consistently fun matches. Of course, Zayn and Riddle’s gonna rock it! That said, I think there’s a better angle-free bout to be had. DX reunion huh – no fucking way am I’m watching that shit. But not a complaint – as I said I like a streamlined Raw. I wonder how this Ariel Helwani (voiceover man for WWE) might compare a segment like the DX reunion with the Hangman-Moxley confrontation on the other channel? Tho clearly I disagree with which product is superior, I too find Tony Khan interviews generally frustrating. I'm glad somebody said it. I just would have preferred a less biased party.

Re: Smack'd

Neat Kross-McIntyre opening. It seems like a testament to Zayn’s greatness that ppl so freely accept these ridiculously dumb segments (a fucking phone call from Roman?) like they matter. I'd love to Sami working with material fit for his high degree of talent. Sure, I’ll take a Kofi Kingston-Sami Zayn bout. I believe this is my first look at a Kofi singles bout. I like what I see here. I don’t know how he does it, but a dumb Rey Mysterio talk segment avoids ffwd and is always enjoyed. I like a good squash, but no interest in a Strowman handi-cap bout (FFWD). Okay, sure, I won’t ffwd a Omos-Strowman match! Bring it. LA Knight amuses me. Especially amused by his TOTALLY AWESOME SNAPMARE TAKEOVER…wait… FINISHER!!! Knight seems like he could nicely offset a less charismatic workhorse in a really good tag team. Okay, here’s the excellent Damage Control! This Roxanne Perez is looking good. Fun bout. I like this Legado team as well. Wow, short work of the shhHit Row (B Fab ain't shit tho). Nice to see that big lumbering goofy Dollar dude get smashed by these Legados. H’eche loves booking the 4 Ways. This one was fun and worked towards making me want to see another Sheamus-Sikoa bout. And even more so a nice long Riccochet-Mysterio singles. Yeah, sign me up for ol man Mysterio and Big WALT er GUNT. I haven’t seen more than a handful of Bray Wyatt highlights, so he’s a fresh talent for me. I wouldn’t say I loved his kinda dumb PPV return, but I was intrigued by it. Maybe I’d have liked this if I had any connection to him. Probably should have just cut passed this Main Event talk segment like Raw. Oh well, no complaints. Seems like the ‘WWE Universe’ is getting something they like. Mostly fun show as per usual.

4 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

The PLE Day 1 is reportedly shelved. Plans change.

Have to see if true, but less gimmick PLEs next year and more international PLEs.

Notably there are now no premium events between Survivor Series in November and Royal Rumble in late January.