DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 10/10 - 10/16/2022

Dolfan in NYC

22 hours ago, The Natural said:

Jey clearly muttering "stop" to Sami while his lips are trembling is the best.   

When Sami wins the Rumble next year, it's going to be amazing. 

To add onto Stuntman's post, I mean this is one of the best long term storylines on camera on the main show we've seen from WWE in almost the longest time. Going back to the pandemic and Reigns vs Jey @ HitC

I know there were reports in the last few weeks about WWE getting someone to manage continuity, tied in with the White Rabbit teasers I think it said, but the Bloodline arc's been a good while now and just gets stronger and stronger.

Reigns getting in Jey's face for that Tribal Chief comment by Logan Paul, flashing back to that heated arc from years back is some furiously strong attention to detail/storytelling

I'm not a week to week viewer, I occasionally check in on the wrestling, but this is the kind of storytelling that'll lead to several HoF nominations down the road for the crew involved, from the acting and facials and comedy to the actualy in ring delivery, imho.

• Like 1

Always a shame to hear someone is injured. 

1 hour ago, madl said:

Has she been on tv?  I had absolutely no idea who she is till I googled her.

She debuted during the women's breakout tournament earlier this year. She has only popped up maybe half a dozen times or so for segments and job duty. They haven't done too much though it seemed like they were going to make her and Kiana James a team.

Edited by Eivion

2 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Jey needs an award for keeping a stone cold straight face during all of this.  (I don't know if he's broken character, but considering the story of it all, ill give that man one or five cracks without counting it)

Oh he definitely has broken once or twice.

It's the New Day against Jey Uso and Sami Zayn!  Sami and Jey have a problematic relationship.  OH!  It's just Kofi Kingston vs Sami Zayn.  Zayn has good punches.  They have a pretty lowgrade offense basic WWE match since the crowd is behind Kofi so we aren't getting El Generico Sami.   Kofi bumps BIG to the floor!  Fun nearfall by Kofi with the SOS!  Kofi hits an enormous Tope Con Hilo!  BLUE THUNDER BOMB FOR TWO!  That was nice.  Sami Zayn with the assisted Roll-up for the win!  That was fun!  man.soor takes on LA Knight.  man.soor is good.  LA Knight has always been good including when he was in IMPACT! as Eli Drake.  That was not very long but was perfectly fine.  HEY! IT'S ROXANNE PEREZ!  ON THE SHOTZI TANK!  This should be good- Roxanne, Raquel, Shotzi versus DMG CONTROL!  Oh man, Roxanne in with IYO SKY is solid gold.  Bayley is awesome yelling at announcer boy.  It's strange that Shotzi is our face in peril when Roxanne Perez is right there to be your sympathetic babyface.  THINGS GO CRAZY!  BODIES FLYING EVERYWHERE!  BAYLEY TO BELLY FOR TWO!  Toprope Rana by Roxanne!  Bayley rolls up Roxanne for the win.  That was awesome.  Legado de Fantasma takes on Hit Row!   For not very long!  Hey!  It's Zelina.  LIV MORGAN IS CRAZY!  MORGAN PUTS SONYA DEVILLE THROUGH A TABLE!  SHE'S HARDCORE! SHE'S HARDCORE!  That looked awesome.  Ah crap, a Fatal Fourway.  What is this- IMPACT!?  I do like that the winner of this gets to get beaten to death by GUNTHER.  Are they going to do Sheamus/GUNTHER again so soon?  Oh man, Solo Sikoa versus GUNTHER would rule.  Rey Mysterio versus GUNTHER would be odd.  Ricochet isn't winning.  Okay, Sheamus versus Solo Sikoa will RULE.  Ricochet versus Rey is MAGICAL.  Yeah, Solo Sikoa versus Sheamus is your money match.  Okay, the Bruising Brutes versus the Bloodline is your money match.  GREAT RVD sell by Ricochet.  Oh man, Rey versus GUNTHER?  That will be odd.  That made me want to see a lot of matches in the future.  That was a good episode of SMACKDOWN.  

• Like 2

Sami/Kofi was good fun. Dug the little backstage segment afterward with sami thinking he won it on his own. Poor Jey can't get any credit.

Knight/Mansoor was short but decent. Good to see Knight as himself again.

Damage Control vs. Raquel/Shotzi/Roxanne was good stuff. Roxanne got a decent amount of rub looking on the level of the DC crew despite the loss. loved the chaotic bit with the dives late in. I so hope we get Raquel/Shotzi cs. Io/Dakota for the belts.

Legado vs. Hit Row was more of a segment than anything else but it was effective enough. I presume they bring in a new fourth for Hit Row. Curious on who that is with Swerve in AEW.

Liv beating Sonya's ass backstage was fun though slightly questionable considering Sonya's other story. Who knows maybe this is what leads to Toxic Attraction finally moving up.

The 4-way was super fun. So damn happy to see Rey win. GUNTHER will murder him, and it will be glorious. We also better be getting a Bloodline vs. Brutes feud after this. Even more than that it better lead to WarGames.

Bray just being himself was neat to see. Even with the spooky ending you can tell he was being real about how much all of this meant to him. Hopefully this run works out well.

• Like 3

I will admit my opinion is shaded by the fact I was hoping for a variation of cult Bray back so I'm a bit disappointed. But isn't this just a new coat of paint on the same basic Fiend split personality character?

Harmless kids show Bray / scary monster mask Bray. Shucks gee golly "real" Bray / new horror mask Bray.

I will give it some time until I really formulate a solid opinion on it. But just seems like a new presentation for the same basic narrative.

• Like 2