DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 10/10 - 10/16/2022

Dolfan in NYC

It's RAW!  It's Johnny Gargano versus Austin Theory!  GNARLY Air Raid Crash on the apron by Theory!  Actually, that might have been a variation on a Northern Lights Bomb.  Gargano bumps all over ringside for Theory while we are enraptured in picture in picture.  Theory beats on Gargano to the point that the crowd gets behind Gargano's STRUGGLE to escape the 2015 indie offense of Austin Theory.  Theory is a good puncher.  They BOTH apply and counter out of Gargano's submission.  That was cool.  Nasty DDT on the floor by Gargano.  Theory does a minor RVD sell of the DDT by Gargano for the win.  That was good!  Chad Gable and Rey Mysterio wrestle!  I guess this will be a less strenuous match this week- what with Rey not being gigantic and all.  Mysterio is still so fucking great.  Dominik and Rhea Ripley show up!  Gable suplexing Mysterio isn't NEARLY as impressive as last week.  Rey hits a 619 and gets the pin!  That was quick.  On to the ANGLE!  Will Dominik even become Barry Windham?  He is very lanky.  It's AJ Styles!  Hey!  It's the Good Brothers!  I guess they aren't in New Japan anymore.  That was fun!   Will Gargano and Candace LeRae win on the same night?  Actually, I don't see LeRae beating Bayley.  Bayley sells the damage from the ladder match!  LeRae is good.  She lays it in.  Two anti-vaping commercials in picture in picture followed by a Corona commercial.  I feel mixed messages are being sent.  LeRae sells the knee.  Bayley is selling the shoulder.  Bayley works on the knee!  FLASH ROLL UP BY LeRAE FOR THE WIN!  That was cool.  Postmatch,  they beat the fudge out Candace LeRae.  THEN!  The beat the fudge out of Bianca Belair!  That was a Bill Watts-ian way to get your heat back after putting over the babyface clean as a sheet.  Hey!  Brock Lesnar comes out and levels the playing field between Bobby Lashley and the rib be-busted Seth Rollins!  Lashley toughs it out and Rollins hits the Pedigree on the Lashley Spear.  Love Machine Splash by Rollins but he has hurt ribs!  Rollins hits his stomping thing!  Again!  Seth Rollins wins the US title!   That was short because of the set up, which was good.   It's Matt Riddle versus Sami Zayn!  Zayn goes totally El Generico on offense.   Riddle wrestles heel in that he beats heat onto out babyface, Sami Zayn.  It's a different match for Riddle.  He is always taking the beating.  Here he is getting the crowd behind Sami's STRUGGLE to escape the usually babyface assbeating being supplied by Matt Riddle.  Double clotheslines then they start beating on each other.  Then they counter each other's moves.  RKO and Riddle wins after counter out of the Blue Thunder Bomb.  Jey is delighted.  That was good.  Thank God Bray Wyatt is back.  I got so much more to fast forward through.  HHH! HHH! HHH!

• Like 1

If The Good Brothers are going to be in any major promotion WWE fits them best plus they have been Aligning AJ with so many different people since they left at least he's with his boys because they don't seem to want to book him to be on his own. 

Surprised to see Brock back, especially without being in the title picture. I'd be shocked if he put over Lashley, that match I'd still something most of us want to see especially with Lashley health this time around 

I enjoyed the show....but you could have made that a great 2 hour show without losing anything but recaps and cutting down the talking segments by a few minutes each.

Matches all delivered for me, but I feel bad that they cut Lashley's nuts off in order to give Brock a future win. Put Brock and Lashley together and put them against the Usos.

Other than one PPV match when Edge was still the leader, this was my first exposure to Judgement Night and was pleasantly surprised that they were less House of Black and more Bulk and Skull from the Power Rangers. Or as Sammo said in the chat, the goth kids smoking under the bleachers.

If I'm booking, I'm putting Rhea over Roman at Wrestlemania.

DX sucks, but keep Waltman around

• Like 1

I am not much of a Gallows/Anderson fan but I think being AJ's back-up is probably just about the right spot for them out of possibly the entire industry? They are usually solid but kinda boring, back-up to a popular/better act that they also are likely to prop up a bit is about the best case for them and it's another trios+ group in a company becoming more focused on them.

• Like 1

Should've let Lashley/Lesnar be for the US title to add some intrigue to it.

Surprised the Good Brothers came back that quick after all the talking they did after leaving and how badly they wanted to get back to Japan. 

Also surprised that was it for DX. Rushed out for their intro and catchphrases in about 7 minutes.

• Like 1

What I caught of gargano/Theory seemed solid. 

Missed most of Gable/Mysterio though I dug the aftermath with Judgement Day. The stuff with AJ once Rey was out was well done and a neat moment though I can't say I'm excited to see the good brothers back. Also kind of wondering what in the hell is going on seeing that Anderson is still NEVER champ last I checked.

What I caught of Bayley/Candice was decent. The aftermath with DC attacking Candice and a failed rescue attempt by Vianca was effective. I assume they are setting up Indi coming to Raw to back up Candice.

The Miz/Lumis segment was surprisingly quick

Not happy to see Brock back already. Was hoping he was gone. I just have no interest in seeing him wrestle at this point unless he goes back to what he did pre-suplex city style. Kind of sucks to see Lashley's reign end that way, but at the same time it was probably the smartest way to protect him while giving Seth the belt.

Riddle/Zayn was solid.

Generally this felt like the weakest show in the last month or two. 

• Like 1

At least the Good Brothers aren't bringing their blend of mediocrity to AEW again, and I suppose it makes sense for them to back AJ up. I hope they don't keep the Rey/Dom feud until Wrestlemania but I just feel like they're going to use a father/son Mania match as a blowoff, possibly to end Rey's career.

Speaking of Rey, I'd really like to see a longer match between he and Gable. Shitty gimmicks and storylines be damned, Gable has quietly become one of the better people on the roster.

The Bloodline are good in their role, but I could do without seeing them on both shows. The Usos and Roman need to free up one set of the belts. Maybe that's why Brock is back? Then again I don't want to see him anymore either.

I'm more interested in a Beth/Rhea match than I am anything involving Edge since his return.

3 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Surprised the Good Brothers came back that quick after all the talking they did after leaving and how badly they wanted to get back to Japan.

I am for that reason. Money talks.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Also kind of wondering what in the hell is going on seeing that Anderson is still NEVER champ last I checked.

Not happy to see Brock back already. Was hoping he was gone. I just have no interest in seeing him wrestle at this point unless he goes back to what he did pre-suplex city style. Kind of sucks to see Lashley's reign end that way, but at the same time it was probably the smartest way to protect him while giving Seth the belt.

Yes, Karl Anderson is still NEVER Openweight Champion.

With you 100% on Brock Lesnar. Same old shit. Before Lesnar would mix Suplexes up, now it's pretty much German Suplexes. Hope Bobby Lashley takes them better than he did vs. Brock at the 2022 Royal Rumble.

This is one of the best things WWE has ever done, Roman Reigns comes back a heel at SuumerSlam 2020, aligns with Paul Heyman, the Head of the Table/Tribal Chief, wins the WWE Universal Championship, the Usos, Sami Zayn and Solo Sioka.

RAW was really good last night. Even the DX stuff that I figured would be dumb at least was funny. Really was surprised that Brock showed up. Was pissed that he cost Lashley the US Title. I was enjoying Lashley as champion.  

Sami Zayn is so over right now. It's really going to be something amazing when Roman flips the switch on him and takes him out.

• Like 2

It's turning into a big night of wrestling.  The best episode of DARK ever and NOW!  NXT!  Hey! It's Booker T!  Bron Breakker goes totally Steiner from the get go.  His Lariat is so much better than his dad's.  His punches are as crappy as his dad's.  Breakker is awesome.  It's Axiom and Nathan Frazer with the RUBBER MATCH!  They start off World of Sport again.  Okay, this is already great and they are just doing the mirror section.  This reminds me of Keichi Yamada versus Marc Rocco from World of Sport.  I love all the crazy sudden spots.  This is like Young Davey versus Iron Fist Clive Meyers, in that it is total workrate.  So maybe this is like Manami Toyota versus Kyoko Inoue.  Preposterous counter to a Boston Crab into a PINNING PREDICAMENT!  Great fucking submission by Axiom.  SPECTACULAR Springboard ASAI MOONSAULT by Axiom.  There's not a lot of selling so this is kinda indie, but it is way fun.  So this is like a Young Bucks match.  THAT's what it is.  That was the best Young Bucks match in the history of the WWE.  That was fun.  Valentina Feroz!  She wrestles ever two months or so.  It's Indi Hartwell!  Will Dexter Lumis bust up from underneath the ring!  So they can make out!  Feroz is neat with all the submissions.  She's spunky.  I like her.  Hartwell wins with a Superplex like she is Bob Orton Jr and it's 1987, so AWESOME.  PRETTY DEADLY! GO SPORTS!  Oh geez, a Triple Threat Match.  Ug!  A Tag team Three Way Dance.  I' m kinda glazing over.  Briggs and/or Jensen hits a nice Plancha.  Hey!  Briggs stole JD Drake's move.  And he did it better than JD Drake so it's completely heartbreaking.  Sad really.  Malik Blade hits a nice Tope Con Hilo. Blade and Idris Enofe win!  It makes sense because it's s FRESH match up but it is so much more awesome when Pretty Deadly can make fun of Briggs and Jensen for being Nu Country idiots.  But it will be better in the ring this way.  It's Jacy Jayne!  It's Alba Fyre!  This is good.  Gigi Dolin distracts Fyre!  Jayne goes on offense!  Fyre hits a nice Powerbomb.  Gory Bomb by Fyre and that's that.  That was not very long.  Hey!  It's Sonya Deville!  She and Toxic Attraction beat the crud out of Alba Fyre!  It's Wes Lee versus Stacks!  Will Lee make Stacks look like two million bucks?  Stacks channels Ric Flair and crimps the knee of Wes Lee.  Stacks is good.  I never paid attention to him much before.  Wes Lee hits a spinning thingy for the win!  Postmatch, Trick Williams and Carmello Hayes attacks Wes Lee and THEN! Oro Mensah makes the save.  Kiana James!  Thea Hail!  Hail is very Nikki ASH feel when Nikki was a face.  That was over before it started.  Ilja Dragunov takes on Grayson Waller!  This should be good.  Waller is prolly the best guy in the ring in NXT.  Waller is great in this.  He hits the Booker T Scissor Kick!  Booker T versus Grayson Waller is the new DREAM MATCH!  Waller procures the CRAVATE!  Then Dragunov beats the living hell out of Waller. And Waller goes back on offense and he beats the living hell out of Dragunov!  Dragunov hits cool suplexes!  His finisher is odd.  That was a good episode.  

• Like 2

Enjoyed Alba vs Jacy as well as the surprise of Sonya and all of the post match antics. Sonya has gotten so good with the character stuff and is the logical addition to Toxic Attraction given her history with Mandy. Looking forward to Alba getting her hands on her soon.

Bron/Javi was a fun squash match.

Axiom/Frazer III was awesome, just complete non-stop action at breakneck speed with each hoping to finally capitalize for the win over the other. Dug how even it was and how that played into the finish. Normally I prefer more selling, but it the lack of it kind of worked here with adrenaline on high for both trying win as quick as possible.

Indi/Feroz was a decent little match. Was good seeing Indi play mor einto her size for once. It legit might be the best she had looked in NXT, certainly the best sh ehas looked this year. Hopefully she can keep it up. Curious to see where the Veer/Sanga stuff heads. Still feel sorry for Feroz being on her own.

The triple threat tag was way the hell better than expected with all the teams busting out some nifty shit and putting on a pretty entertaining match. Was also probably one of Blade's better performances with his stepping up and not really missing mark on offense like he tends to do a few times each match. It was good seeing Grime get some vengeance in, and I'm all for Pretty Deadly vs. Enofe & Blade.

Jacy/Alba was short and decent. What I dug was the post match with Sonya comign in. Love seeing them play back to the friendship she and Mandy have.

Lee/Stacks was far better than expected. Dug Stacks going after Lee's leg in attempt to avenge Tony D. Lee bumped around well, and Stacks busted out some neat new stuff for him. Its easily his best performance yet in NXT.

It was neat to see them follow up on Hail slamming Stone, but I was disappointed to be jipped out of real match between hail and Kiana. 

Dragunov/Waller was solid-good. These two always deliver on their own so no surprises here in the quality. Dug Waller dicking around with Booker after his Booker's sidekick was great. Loved how any of the crowd cheering him immediately turned on him. 

Good show overall. Booker was surprisingly decent. He was mostly neutral and had some solid chemistry Vic. Hopefully this is exactly what he continues to bring in NXT.

• Like 2