DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2022 - WEEK SEVEN

RIPPA

The Athletic:

James Madison is the 170th team to be ranked for at least one week since the poll began in 1936, according to College Poll Archive. (Numerous current FCS, defunct and military teams made appearances in the early days.) Akron, Arkansas State, Charlotte, Eastern Michigan, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Louisiana Monroe, Massachusetts, Middle Tennessee, New Mexico, Old Dominion, South Alabama, Texas State, UAB and UNLV are the 17 remaining FBS teams that have never been ranked.

The Lobos never being ranked really leaps out at you. I'd love to know when NMSU was ranked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

The Athletic:

The Lobos never being ranked really leaps out at you. I'd love to know when NMSU was ranked.

Fun fact: A few years back I saw Eastern Michigan beat Rutgers in Piscataway.

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

the undefeated 1960 Sun Bowl champion NMSU Aggies

looking it up, NMSU's peak in the 1960 polls was #14. Ranked behind Purdue, and tied with Syracuse, Rice, and Yale.

The longest streaks since an AP poll appearance?

Cornell in 1951. North Texas in 1959. NMSU in 1960. Rice in 1961. A long gap. Wyoming in 1998.

Illinois was just ranked for the first time since 2011.

• RIPPA pinned this topic

At the top of the poll - Georgia returns to #1, Bama slides to #3. Ohio State is the meat in that sandwich

Also - folks who got canned yesterday

Rutgers dumped OC Sean Gleeson

Indiana fired O-Line Coach and Run Coordinator Darren Hiller

23 hours ago, Pete said:

And Illinois, which I'm still trying to unpack. ?

Because we've beaten Wisconsin and Iowa in back to back weeks!

(Uh, Log, those teams are pretty terrible this year.)

WE BEAT WISCONSIN AND IOWA IN BACK TO BACK WEEKS, GODDAMMIT!

I can't think of a time that I've seen the AP Poll and the Coaches Poll so different. Wild year.

• Like 1

Speaking of games that actually matter this week.  Some games actually matter this week!  

And most importantly...   Columbia (3-1) goes to Filthadelphia and will take on the despicable Quakers of UPenn (4-0, safety school).  Roar Motherfuckin Lion Roar!  

• Like 1

We got the annual Gus occasionally knows how to run up the score game with UCF in Space outfits scoring *checks notes* 70 points! 

I've not watched Temple this year, but they must be pretty bad. I haven't been impressed with the little I've seen of UCF. 

• Like 1

week 7 1993:

1. #1 Florida State vs #15 Virginia (FSU won 40-14)
  2. #4 Florida vs #19 Auburn (Auburn won 38-35)
  3. #6 Nebraska vs unranked K-State (Nebraska won 45-28)

K-State went 5-0 by beating New Mexico State, 1-AA Western Kentucky, a road game at Minnesota, UNLV, and Kansas. They reached the poll after a tie with #16 Colorado a week after Nebraska. Then they beat OU, lost to Iowa State in Ames and won out, finishing with a win in the Copper Bowl vs Wyoming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Baylor returning to Earth was inevitable and I’m glad it’s finally happening, that program should’ve been given the fucking death penalty and instead they were allowed to basically skate free. I still refuse to spend a dime in Waco or McLennan County because of how they covered up all those rapes.

17 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

week 7 1993:

1. #4 Florida vs #19 Auburn (Auburn won 38-35)

44 minutes ago, EVA said:

Georgia Tech is hiring a Bama guy for their AD, so the dream of Deion returning to ATL is likely dead. Probably end up with BOB instead.

Good. One step closer to Primetime on the Plains. 

Kennesaw State was approved for membership in Conference USA on Friday, and it will join the league on July 1, 2024.

Conference USA is going through a transition of its makeup, with six of the league's 11 current members in their last academic year before moving to the American Athletic Conference next summer. That will be at the same time that Liberty, New Mexico State, Jacksonville State and Sam Houston State will join C-USA. Kennesaw State's addition a year after that will put the league at 10 members.

C-USA commissioner Judy MacLeod said adding Kennesaw State "continues to build upon our strong foundation." The public university with two campuses in Georgia has 43,000 undergraduate and graduate students and sponsors 18 sports, 17 of which will compete in Conference USA.

Kennesaw State's football program is only in its eighth season. The Owls played the first seven as an associate member in the Big South, winning three conference titles before joining the school's other programs in the ASUN this season.

Charlotte, Florida Atlantic, North Texas, Rice, UAB and UTSA are leaving Conference USA for the American next summer. C-USA was at 14 schools before Marshall, Old Dominion and Southern Mississippi left this past summer for the Sun Belt.