DVDVR Message Board

WEREWOLF BY NIGHT (Spoiler Warning)

J.T.

This shit was so awesome and great.  They even had the good taste to put cigarette burns in upper right corner of some of the scenes so that it would look like old school edited movie footage!  Hopefully Jack, Ted, and Elsa Bloodstone are not just one-shots and we'll see them along with Blade and Black Knight fighting Marvel monsters in the future.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

This shit was so awesome and great.  They even had the good taste to put cigarette burns in upper right corner of some of the scenes so that it would look like old school edited movie footage!  Hopefully Jack, Ted, and Elsa Bloodstone are not just one-shots and we'll see them along with Blade and Black Knight fighting Marvel monsters in the future.

I could dig doing some kind of Legion of Monsters special every Halloween. 

• Like 2

On 10/11/2022 at 11:15 PM, J.T. said:

This got me wondering, was it ever said if the Helstrom series was canon or did that happen in some pocket universe? I missed this series and Runaways, and can't remember if they were "erased" like the Inhumans series was?

Caught the special a couple of nights ago. Dug it a good bit overall. In agreement that I hope the survivors aren't just one shots and show up elsewhere.

On 10/13/2022 at 1:41 PM, Hayabusa said:

This got me wondering, was it ever said if the Helstrom series was canon or did that happen in some pocket universe? I missed this series and Runaways, and can't remember if they were "erased" like the Inhumans series was?

Pretty sure the only previous shows that might have some connection to the MCU will be the old netflix shows, but we really won't know for sure and how much until Daredevil next year.

• Thanks 1

Found this to be fun.  Jack and Ted are a great duo.  Liked the hunters Jovan and Liorn and liked Verussa.  Something about Elsa's character didn't let me connect to her early on.  Felt like they wrote her partway through a story arc that they didn't explain well enough to back up her attitude.  They hinted that she didn't learn her skills from Ulysses, but then didn't elaborate where she learned to fight.  If you want to tell me Blade or Devil-Slayer taught her I'd be fine with that.  Fights were quick and bloody and hope these characters can come back and go nuts.  In fact, just scrap a lot of stuff coming out and bring in the weird and mystic like Jericho Drumm, Sleepwalker, Sebastian Druid, Jennifer Kale, Machine Man and more.  

• Like 1