DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 10/20/22 - Albany, NY

*Taped for BTI: Dirty Dango def. Johnny Swinger (w/ Zicky Dice) (8:23) after a falcon arrow

Impact Wrestling - Airing October 20, 2022 from Albany, NY

*Bully Ray & Tommy Dreamer def. Bullet Club (Chris Bey & Juice Robinson) (6:28) when Bully pinned Juice after the Bully Bomb.

*Taylor Wilde def. Mia Yim (14:00) with the Wilde Ride german suplex. After the match, Mickie James challenges Taylor to be her next opponent on the Last Rodeo tour. Gisele Shaw, Deonna Purrazzo, & Chelsea Green attack Mickie & Taylor until Jordynne Grace makes the save.

*Joe Hendry def. Jason Hotch (1:59) after a spinebuster.

*Scott D'Amore came to the ring to address the X Division Championship. Frankie Kazarian came to the ring and officially announced he is cashing in Option C and trading in the X Division Championship for a shot at the Impact World Championship at Overdrive on November 18. Steve Maclin attacks Kazarian until Josh Alexander makes the save. D'Amore announced there will be an 8 man tournament to crown the next X Division Champion with the finals at Overdrive. 

*Rich Swann def. Eric Young (w/ Deaner) (3:18) with a victory roll. After the match, Deaner & Young's hooded followers attack Swann until Sami Callihan makes the save.

*Heath & Rhino def. Honor No More (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis)(c) (14:26) when Heath pinned Taven after the Wake Up Call to WIN the Impact World Tag Team Championships. After the match, Eddie Edwards comes down and teases breaking up Honor No More for all their failures. Eddie blames PCO for his loss at BFG and calls him a bitch and the biggest failure of all, so PCO turns on Honor No More and attacks them all.

Edited by DreamBroken

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed Mia/Taylor delivered the goods, while not a huge amount else in-ring on this episode, that was pretty great. Awesome counters and a great finish. Nice post-match setup for next week's trios tag.

Say his name and, he appears! I believe in Joe Hendry! Super fun in-ring re-debut for Hendry, great addition to the roster.

Cool moment for Heath & Rhino and farewell to Honor No More. Feels like they were just winning the match to earn their contracts and now it's over.

X Division title tournament looks good, intrigued by PJ Black coming in. I assume Speedball goes back to the final and wonder if he just wins it right back or not.

• Like 1

It's Bully Ray and Tommy Dreamer versus Juice Robinson and Chris Bey!  Ace Austin was found beaten in the parking lot.  Dreamer was always more fun than good- especially his first Tour Of The Indies where he put over a thousand indie dudes, which was awesome.  Anyway, here he is almost thirty years after his ECW run.  He takes a slam on the floor from Juice and it reminds you that Tommy Dreamer used to fucking rule.  Dreamer hits a Diamond Cutter on Chris Bey!  Juice and Bey bump like maniacs for Bully Ray.  Matt Riewoltd explains that Juice is mad because he thinks Bully beat up Ace!  Bully Ray is mad because he didn't do anything!  Bully pins Juice and that was perfectly fine.  It's Mia Yim!  She isn't with IMPACT! anymore, I don't think.  I assume she puts over Taylor Wilde and indubitably moves on to join her husband in AEW.  They have a low impact 1975 Mid Atlantic studio match, which is completely cool.  Yim lays in some kicks and NICE Vertical Suplex to make this more of a Johnny Valentine higher impact 1975 Mid Atlantic studio match.  Yim will go from being the best wrestling in the KnockOuts division to the fourth or fifth best wrestler in All Elite Women.  Wilde and Yim start laying it in and this is a good dry run for Yim versus Tony Storm or Mercedes Martinez.  Nice Snap German Suplex by Wilde for the win.  VXT comes out postmatch and attacks Mickie James and Taylor Wilde!  There's Gisele Shaw!  It's Jordynn Grace to save the day!  Well, THAT'S a six-man match I would dig.  It's Jason Hotch up against Joe Hendry!  Joe Hendry is good in the ring and I await his World of Sport stylings.  He does a totally fun  DELAYED VERTICAL SUPLEX- about a 1/5th Bandido.  I like Jason Hotch as the desperate, struggling dude bro.  Hendry does a modified Chokeslam thingy for the win!  Steve Maclin attacks Frankie Kazarian mid-fast forwarded through speech of Kaz exercising Option C!  Josh Alexander makes the save!  It's Eric Young taking on Rich Swann!  Eric Young is the Secret Wrestling Machine of IMPACT! wrestling.  Here, he wrestles like Dick Slater in a Florida 1981 studio match.  I'm digging this theme to tonight's episode.  Nice Diamond Cutter by Swann.  Young goes for his AWESOME Piledriver but Swann rolls him up for the flash pin!  Postmatch,  a Violent By Design minion attacks Swann and Deaner drags him to the ring so we can FINALLY see an Eric Young Piledriver but Sami Callihan comes in and saves Rich Swann and RUINS OUR CHANCE TO SEE THE ERIC YOUNG PILEDRIVER!  The Major Players are back!  Oh awesome!  The X-Division tournament looks super cool.  PJ Black!  I dug him in the dying days of the original ROH!  Alan Angels!  I enjoyed him when occasionally wrestled in AEW!  They HAVE to give Black Taurus or Laredo Kid a run with the title.  I assume the Kingdom drops the title since they showed up in AEW last week and are already feuding with fucking WardJoe and motherfucking FTR.  Man, the Kingdom versus FTR is going to be so good.  I thought Rhino retired from the ring and had assumed a producer roll, but Tommy Dreamer wrestled on this show so there you go.  I'm surprised Scott D'Amore didn't put over Joe Hendry earlier instead of Jason Hotch.  The Kingdom TARGET THE KNEE~!  THUS Rhino is our babyface in peril!  Heath makes the hot tag!  Nearfalls galore on Heath!  Rhino GORES Maria!  Heath hits the Wake Up Call and gets the pin!  We have new champions!  I assume Eddie Edwards breaks up Honor No More and the Kingdom goes to AEW.  Awww, Honor No More was fun.  PCO finally turns babyface!  In FABULOUS fashion!  I guess they are breaking up completely next week?  That was a fine episode.  Waaay too many old immobile guys going over mobile young wrestlers. Nothing really great, but it was fine.

• Like 1

RIP the Honor No More theme, that thing slapped.

Wasn't really feeling much on last night's show but the X Division bracket for the new champion has some great names in it (ANGELS, BLACK, OTHERS!)

Weird that Bullet Club for years and years "ran wrestling" no matter where they were but now they were the footnote to a Bully Ray and Tommy Dreamer match in 2022.

Good on Heath and Rhino, that tag scene should feel kind of fresh with the Majors back together too.

• Like 2