DVDVR Message Board

FUDGE! REDO! POLL! 10/1-10/7/2022- WHAT WAS THE FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK? HERE WE GO.

DEAN

WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• Kevin Martenson vs Jordan Cruz- CWFH
    • Jarochita vs Reyna Isis- CMLL
    • Stuka Jr vs Atlantis Jr- CMLL
    • Angel de Oro vs Volador Jr vs Mistico- CMLL
    • Willow Nightingale vs Jade Cargill- Battle Of The Belts
    • Penelope Pink vs Vivian Rivera- WOW
    • Dante Martin/ Tony Deppen vs the Lucha Brothers- AEW ELEVATION
    • Dark Order vs Death Triangle- RAMPAGE
    • Mei Suruga/ Haruka Umesaki vs Sayaka/ Chie Koishikawa- Gatoh Move Pro Wrestling
    • Yuna Mizumori vs Emi Sakura- Gatoh Move Pro Wrestling
    • IYO SKY vs Alexa Bliss- RAW
    • Angelo Dawkins vs Solo Sikoa- RAW
    • Braun Strowman vs Chad Gable- RAW
    • Johnny Gargano vs Otis- RAW
    • Bobby Lashley vs Mustafa Ali- RAW
    • Komander/ Latigo vs Aramis/ Arez- AAA
    • Ari Daivari vs AR Fox- AEW DARK
    • Abadon vs Freya the Slayah- AEW DARK
    • Slim J vs Blake Christian- AEW DARK
    • Jon Moxley/Wheeler Yuta/ Claudio Castagnoli vs Rush/ Private Party- RAMPAGE
    • Anthony Henry/ JD Drake vs Matt Sydel/ Dante Martin- AEW DARK
    • Zoey Stark/ Nikitta Lyons vs Gigi Dolin/ Jacy Jayne- NXT
    • Solo Sikoa vs Ricochet- SMACKDOWN
    • The Usos/ Sami Zayn vs The New Day/ Braun Strowman- SMACKDOWN
    • Pretty Deadly vs The Brawling Brutes- NXT
    • Skye Blue/ Madison Rayne vs Tay Melo/ Anna JAS- RAMPAGE
    • Miyuki Takase/ Itsuki Aoki vs AKARI/ Chie Ozoro- Pro Wrestling WAVE
    • Stephanie Vaquer vs Kohaku- Pro Wrestling WAVE
    • Toni Storm/ Athena/ Willow Nightingale vs Jamie Hayter/ Penelope Ford/ Serena Deeb- DYNAMITE
    • Wheeler Yuta vs MJF- DYNAMITE
    • Daniel Garcia/ Bryan Danielson vs Chris Jericho/ Sammy Guevara- DYNAMITE
    • Darby Allin vs Jay Lethal- DYNAMITE
    • Brian Cage vs Wardlow- DYNAMITE
    • Ryusuke Taguchi/ Master Wato vs TJP/ Francesco Akira- New Japan on AXS
    • Kenny King vs Frankie Kazarian- IMPACT!
    • FTR vs Gates of Agony- Battle Of The Belts
    • Moose vs Steve Maclin- IMPACT!
    • Matt Taven vs Alex Shelley- IMPACT!
    • Pac vs Trent Barretta- Battle Of The Belts
    • Sheamus vs GUNTHER- SMACKDOWN

That original list was jacked up.  For some reason it cut 8 matches, including the IWGP Junior tag match and fricking Wardlow vs Brian Cage..  Please revote if you voted in the original poll.  I HAVE LEARNED FROM THIS EXPERIENCE AND IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN! PROLLY!  It still hurt to have to cut the good IWRG match.  Others also hurt.  I'm broken from the quality wrestling I had to replace with other quality wrestling.  It's a good time to be a wrestling fan.

• Like 4

• DEAN pinned this topic

Finally caught the CMLL matches. Only made it five minutes in to the triple threat before I stopped. Just couldn't get into it. Dug Jarochita/Isis and Stuka/Atlantis a good deal. Went with the men's match since I liked the ending more. Neither match was quite great, but I dug them a bit more than anything else from this past week as far as free tv goes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Sheamus/GUNTHER was really hurt by the commercials. It isn't getting my vote. 

I STILL have to watch the damn CMLL matches

That's the downside to TV unless picture in picture/international feed ala AEW on Fite TV. I remember WWE briefly putting an ad free version Cena/Punk RAW match from February 2013 on YouTube before taking it down. I don't know if anyone grabbed it before WWE removed it.

Me and @Eivion are the only people to vote for Stuka Jr./Atlantis Jr.? That one is so good. Atlantis is a king sized bumper, doing a back flip over the rail on an Irish whip (which is totally logical and nobody ever does), completely nuking his kidney and hip on the rail on a dive. All the dives are king sized themselves and just gorgeous. Best ones were probably from Atlantis again with his beautiful tope con giro and the stage-dive over the ropes plancha that was like some kid just clearing the head of a Samoan bouncer at some giant DK's show in Cali circa '84. The crowd is losing their shit the whole time and definitely pro-Stuka. The finish is brilliantly simple -- both guys retrying what they think is gonna finish the other off. And then at the end 

Spoiler

they show a guy in the crowd with a Stuka mask giving it up for both guys while clearly breaking out in tears under the hood. 

Heavy emotion is what you need in a mask match if you aren't getting blood and they nailed it. The suspense of every nearfall sealed the deal. 

My runner-up was probably Maclin/Moose; I thought Maclin was just gonna be some guy but his performance sold me on him, plus he will bleed hardway like a stuck pig. The Dynamite matches were all good but they didn't surprise me like that one did. Jarochita/Isis was marred by a terrible finish, though the ladies put on a clinic in cardio out there.

Spoiler

Isis removes her mask to reveal... Rosie Perez?

• Like 3

My knock on Atlantis Jr. Vs. Stuka Jr. is that it took five matches to tell the whole story, what with the Parejas Increibles tournament and whatever that seeding match was doing. CMLL TV only aired the final of the whole shindig, obvious though the result was it still feels like a nibble as opposed to a bite. Jarochita/Isis felt like an entire event, maybe even a starting point to a new surge in Mexican women's wrestling (hopeful about that Gran Prix lineup). But I recognize that Stuka losing his mask was more emotional, that Atlantis Jr. starting his inherited duty of taking masks posseses more long-term gravitas. And that missed tope was far and away the best televised spot of the week.

• Like 3

• DEAN unpinned this topic