DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2022-23: PERIOD 1

Dolfan in NYC

On 11/6/2022 at 9:38 PM, Tabe said:

Matthew Tkachuk got 2 games for trying to blind Jonathan Quick. Ridiculous. Should've gotten 15+.

I have set my calendar for January 27th in Florida.

That's when the Kings come to visit the Panthers and I'd very much like a receipt.

There was a minor scrum at the end of the game where he tried to pry Quick's mask off with the blade of his stick and Michael Anderson seemed to be interested in getting into it with Tkachuk, but it was squashed fast.

One of the most cowardly things I've ever seen in hockey. (And I remember Tony Granato losing his mind.)

More clown show nonsense from DPOS as Montreal's Juraj Slafkovsky gets just two games for a dirty check from behind that has put Matt Luff out of action for 10-12 weeks. I'm sure Juraj playing for Montreal and being the #1 overall pick had absolutely nothing to do with the incredibly light suspension. Unreal. 

https://twitter.com/RyanHanaWWP/status/1590441040355291136?s=20&t=QQU26muZuUCLmUwkReQiMQ

55 minutes ago, Tabe said:

More clown show nonsense from DPOS as Montreal's Juraj Slafkovsky gets just two games for a dirty check from behind that has put Matt Luff out of action for 10-12 weeks. I'm sure Juraj playing for Montreal and being the #1 overall pick had absolutely nothing to do with the incredibly light suspension. Unreal. 

https://twitter.com/RyanHanaWWP/status/1590441040355291136?s=20&t=QQU26muZuUCLmUwkReQiMQ

Are these bad decisions solely because Parros wants to bring the "Goon" back into fashion?

12 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Are these bad decisions solely because Parros wants to bring the "Goon" back into fashion?

Intentionally or not, there's going to be stuff like that happening. If guys are going to try and blind goalies with sticks or run guys from behind into the boards, while facing very little in the way of consequences, players will take it into their own hands. 

The Devils have promoted/slash given an extension to Martin Brodeur who will now be Executive Vice President, Hockey Operations (basically it eliminates all the stuff he was doing on the business side)

The more mind blowing thing for me was realizing that Brodeur has been retired 7 years

18 hours ago, elizium said:

Carolina scores three goals with their net empty to tie the game against the Jets before Josh Morrissey wins it for Winnipeg on an overtime breakaway

They almost scored in the last 30 seconds to win it in regulation. The entire arena had their cheeks clenched last night. 

Bowness only played two of the four lines, and four of the six defensemen for the final five minutes. Looked like it was going to be a big mistake, because they were all gassed by the end of regulation. 

Pittsburgh Defenseman Kris Letang is out indefinitely after suffering a stroke on Monday. 

He's apparently doing alright with 'no lasting effects', but also notable that this is his second stroke (2014 was the last one).  

• 2 weeks later...